New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 May 2006, 22:56

Well if the game tells where its looking for the file, then put another copy of the dragons fate file in there, the same way you did with the savegame file. It may not work since it was in a D: which you do not have on your laptop.
Edited on Fri, May 12 2006, 17:00 by jeff
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 12 May 2006, 23:14

I have already done that. Since I don't have a "D" disk I can't cheat the software. Never mind. I can play one map on the notebook and export back to the desktop. I will be playing map 5 on my trip and so far this is the best campaign I have seen.
Edited on Fri, May 12 2006, 17:51 by slimoli

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 May 2006, 00:30

I sent the wrong file to CH PM or email me and I'll send you the correct version 1.3b

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 May 2006, 03:20

As I said elsewhere in the forum, feel free to send the map my way: angelspit@celestialheavens.com

I will update it tomorrow morning (Saturday)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 May 2006, 13:04

I sent the file to CH late (very late), so give them some time and version 1.3c will be available here. Now many of you received version 1.3b in an email from me. There is no urgent need to download this newer version. I have played version 1.3b through conclusion of the entire campaign using more than half of the possible endings. In one ending a "strange sequence" occurs, but the game continues as it should and successfully concludes as it should. There are four different endings with variations of each and I am testing them all as fast as I can, and so far except for that "strange" occurance all tested endings have worked. The first ones I tested involved Neska related variables, which is where I anticipated some problems may exist and that is the 'strange one' but again it plays to the end. I will continue testing the remaining endings, but it can take a few hours to test each one, but as they are not affected by Neska variables I do not expect any more troubles.
Edited on Sat, May 13 2006, 07:08 by jeff

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 May 2006, 16:44

Version 1.3c is now on the server (the readme might still says 1.3b -- I will fix that later).
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Unread postby Koni » 13 May 2006, 21:13

7th map: Raona freed from prison. With Lamentia and Nathaniel together in an army there is no deleting of the mountains, blocking the way to the last fight. Only if Lamentia and Raona are in an army without Nathaniel, Raona continues telling her story and the passage is cleared after 3 days. ("Raona you will travel with me at least for the first week" doesn't say, Nathaniel should not be with them!)
In the meantime - to short for the red army to avoid that! - the Orange High Commander went exploring - and captured the nearest town Thasas. That was the end of game: Red player has lost! It should be warned, that you must hurry up!!
Now trying the 8th map with version 1.3c "testplaying".

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 May 2006, 04:54

Whew! I just finished playing the Dragon's Fate campaign. I'm sad to see it end. This is such a great campaign, deserves a rating of 10 (IMO) :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 19 Jan 2010, 20:05

I'm starting the last map of this campaign and I possess all the Gathering Storm artifacts that give extra abilities except one, the "staff of disruption". Have I done something wrong? Is this artifact vital to finish the last map if I forgot to acquire it on a previous map or it is given during this map? Thank you!!! :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Jan 2010, 00:01

You dug deep to find this thread, the staff of disruption is not needed in the last map.

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 20 Jan 2010, 08:14

OK. Thank you for the quick reply!!! And congratulations for this campaign. It is a masterpiece. :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Jan 2010, 00:06

Well thank you, it has been a long time since I have looked at DF, but it was a lot of fun creating it.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 22 Jan 2010, 09:00

And don't forget to mention your pursuit campaign "Lamentia's Story", a masterpiece³ :D . Not only a lot of fun, but what a lot of work it must have been creating it. There are far too little comments here, praising your great work, jeff.

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 22 Jan 2010, 12:26

So far I haven't noticed any bug. As for a previous question I made about the "missing artifact" of the archmage it is given in the last map in a quest hat if you pay the reward that is required. I want to mention that in the 7th map, when the bomb is made and the win condition is to rescue Raona, if you disregard this statement and go ahead to the castle (I mean that the mountain is now opened) where the high commander sits and you defeat her, you win this senario and continue to the last senario of this campaign. As a result of this choice you can't read the conversations between Raona and Lamentia. However, if you rescue Raona, the high commander starts advance as she captures any of your unprotected territory and towns and the sequel is already known. I want to mention that I'm referring to the v1.5 of this campaign playing in equi 3.51. To finish I want to congratulate Jeff and all of you who worked and helped him, I imagine for years, to create this excellent campaign. :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Jan 2010, 18:23

Koni wrote:And don't forget to mention your pursuit campaign "Lamentia's Story", a masterpiece³ :D . Not only a lot of fun, but what a lot of work it must have been creating it. There are far too little comments here, praising your great work, jeff.
jigsaw2008 wrote:… To finish I want to congratulate Jeff and all of you who worked and helped him, I imagine for years, to create this excellent campaign. :)
Jeff is a wonderful, dedicated mapmaker. I for one really appreciate all the work (and love) Jeff put into both Dragon's Fate & Lamentia's Story. They are two outstanding campaigns.

Image Jeff. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 22 Jan 2010, 18:44

And HodgePodge is a wonderful girl in her role as Lamentia's best friend. I just now am translating map 5 with the delightful 'jokes' of the two in their time together in the library, taking their outtimes with swimming in the river. The poor boys Nevon and Darien... :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Jan 2010, 16:48

jigsaw2008 wrote: I'm referring to the v1.5 of this campaign playing in equi 3.51. To finish I want to congratulate Jeff and all of you who worked and helped him, I imagine for years, to create this excellent campaign. :)
Yes it took three years, Lamentia's Story almost as long. However I must warn all DF version 1.5, which was the last version is not equilibris approved. There are a couple of quests (one required) that require potions that the equilibris team removed from city shops. So finding those potions is not assured. I fixed this in the German version that Koni created.
Koni wrote:And HodgePodge is a wonderful girl in her role as Lamentia's best friend. I just now am translating map 5 with the delightful 'jokes' of the two in their time together in the library, taking their outtimes with swimming in the river. The poor boys Nevon and Darien... :D
Yes HodgePodge was very understanding in not having me rewrite those times in the library or about her birthmark. ;)
HodgePodge wrote:Image Jeff. :-D
You are welcome, it was a lot of fun working with you on Lamentia's Story and the TCC.

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 27 Jan 2010, 01:27

jeff wrote:
I must warn all DF version 1.5, which was the last version is not equilibris approved. There are a couple of quests (one required) that require potions that the equilibris team removed from city shops. So finding those potions is not assured.

You have right. But the quests you refer to are fortunately optional and you can finish the campaign. I did finish it at least. However, playing it in equilibris the campaign is easy to finish it because the heroes as they level up they increase their statistics rapidly.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Jan 2010, 01:39

I am glad you were able to finish the campaign. I actually did fix that problem but never bothered to send the new version to CH as I thought no one was playing DF anymore. I guess I'll search my files and see if I can find it. ;|

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 27 Jan 2010, 08:55

I think it would be better for everybody if you do this jeff. I think playing this game in equilibris is more enjoyable. I want to continue this story and I would like to know if the campaign "Lamentia's story" is equilibris approved.

Return to “News”