New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 06 May 2006, 06:22

It's no problem Jeff, we're glad to host the campaign, which you can get here in the 1.3 version.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 06 May 2006, 17:22

Thanks, jeff, I've got the 1.3 from the Download-section.

(The *here*-links don't work here in this thread, Thomas)

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 07 May 2006, 05:57

No, it only works if you browse the news through the forum.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

jmiddle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmiddle » 07 May 2006, 18:52

In Map 5 Lorelei went through Stealth area in the underground and managed to get through without killing anyone or being killed. When I went through the purple portal I did not get any stealth reward to put me up to Grandmaster stealth. I cannot finish the map without increasing her stealth. Is there another way to get it?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 May 2006, 21:00

There were warnings to develop that skill, but if you have not gone through Talon's Portal or even if you have there are 2 veterans guild there she can visit. Also since you were able to get through that portal she was below level 26 with at least 5 levels to develop GM stealth.
Edited on Sun, May 07 2006, 15:07 by jeff
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 May 2006, 21:06

There were warnings to develop that skill, but if you have not gone through Talon's Portal or even if you have there are 2 veterans guild there. Also if she is not at the maximum level then opportunities should present themselves there as well.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 May 2006, 21:07

Sorry for the double post it was an accident

I guess I could add a script that awards it with level 30, but I have not had any one have this trouble, but it is one I have worried might happen. You can use the nwcathena cheat and give it to her, that will have no impact on the campaign except perhaps your map score.
Edited on Sun, May 07 2006, 16:19 by jeff

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 07 May 2006, 21:38

Hi Jeff.

I just downloaded Dragon's Fate and am a little confused. I believe I should have version 1.3, and that is what the Dragon Fate Readme Final.doc and Dragon's Fate.txt file say. However, when I start Heroes up, the Scenario list screen shows version 1.2 for Dragons Fate. And when I click Next to go to the first scenario, the Campaign Description shows version 1.2a and the Scenario Description shows version 1.2. What version do I have?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 May 2006, 22:13

Sorry for the oversight (I'll fix that later). map 1 and 2 will say version 1.2, but if you just downloaded it from CH rest assured it is ok. When you get to map 3 it will say 1.3

To all if you PMed me here at Celestial Heavens I am sorry for the slow response, I did not realize it was a separate inbox and I had no idea you were trying to contact me. The forum emails me when you PM me there, but not here, so in future that would be the best place to send a PM to me.
Edited on Sun, May 07 2006, 16:26 by jeff

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 08 May 2006, 18:05

Please help me find the soul stealer on map 2. Thanks

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 May 2006, 18:17

slimoli wrote:Please help me find the soul stealer on map 2. Thanks
*SPOILER BELOW*

I also missed quite a lot of this map by not visiting Jarvis' house & getting the quest. This will open up lots of essential parts of the storyline.

*SPOILER BELOW*

*SPOILER BELOW*

*SPOILER BELOW*

First go see Jarvis in the quest house in the northwestern part of the map to get the quest. Then go to the SW Corner of the Map & click on the quest gate. Afterwards, go to East Gorge & get release papers for the Old Guard. This will open the quest gate. Visit the Oracle then go through the portal … the Soul Stealer is there.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 May 2006, 22:29

To all there are some pitfalls or corners you can paint yourself into and not be able to complete a map. These are not bugs, but I will script new events to close those off. There is one situation in map 4 and another in map 5. I have identified them in the spoiler thread, near the bottom of page 2.

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 08 May 2006, 23:41

Tnaks for the tip. The purple army got the soul stealer before me and I had to restart the scenario. I'm having great fun.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 09 May 2006, 10:04

Happened to me as well: but only, because I did open the gate and only visited the oracle, but then didn't enter the portal-entrance at once. After some days exploring north of the gate first, it was too late. My "friends" had taken the soul-stealer just before me. :)

Little carryover-bug starting the 5th sz.: Talon possesses the flame sword and the emerald longbow twice. (I had continued the campaign from version 1.2a since the end of Map 2 by version 1.3).

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 May 2006, 17:37

Well the overall good news is after a shaky start there have been no reports of bugs preventing any of the maps completion in the current version (AI grabbing required items yes), fingers crossed, as yet I know of no one at map 8, so I'll try not jinx it.

@ Koni

Thank you for the bug, I'll check it. I had added a script to give those to Talon for the sake of those who chose not to replay map 2 because of the Neska bug. I though I had made a conditional to prevent a double appearance. In the current version other than having the 2 good swords and bows it will have no real bad effect. If you wish to play using 1 set that is how I intended it. I will fix it in the next version which hopefully will be the final version for the CH archives.
Edited on Tue, May 09 2006, 17:47 by jeff

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 May 2006, 19:02

Now arrived in the 6th scenario, how to solve this problem: Though Karth and Neska together Argraynel will not speak with them. But the quest is written into the quest log. (Message: Agraynel will speak only with Karth and Neska.) Lord Lysander tells: You must speak to Agraynel first.

What did I do wrong?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 May 2006, 23:23

Robenhagen has emailed informing me version 1.3b is now available here at CH.

This is caused by the name change of Neska to ensure the correct one continues on to map 8. SO its checking for Neska not Neska Lavin. However several people have not encountered this problem. I fixing that right now, but it will require some changes to map 8 as well. PM me in the heroes forum your email and I send the fixed file tonight.

As I said not everyone is having this problem but I'll send another file to Thomas that will close that door and to anyone else who may need it.
Edited on Thu, May 11 2006, 14:10 by jeff

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 12 May 2006, 13:36

I have an unusual problem. I played the 3 first campaigns and tommorrow I will be in a trip abroad. Planning to take my notebook, I loaded the NB with all my saved files from the desktop where I was originally playing the campaign. I tested the notebook and everything is fine until the last moment when the game switches from scenario 3 to 4. At this point the notebook tries to load the 4th scenario and gives me an error msg because it "thinks" the scenarios are all in D:\mygames, the original directory from my desktop. Here is where the problem is: There is no way I can have the games on the "D" disk because I only have the "C" disk. I tried to find an entry in the Windows register that mentions "D:\" to no avail and my guess is that this information gets carried over on the saved games . Since I just copied the saved games (file "games" ) from the desktop to the notebook , I wonder if there is any way to change the "D" to "C" on my notebook in order to continue to play the campaign.

Thanks

Sergio

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 May 2006, 17:08

Try creating a mygames directory on your C: drive and then do a savegame in that directory. That file should work. Be sure you have the latest version with you version 1.3b
Edited on Fri, May 12 2006, 11:09 by jeff

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 12 May 2006, 22:40

Thanks but it doesn't work. There is something in the saved game that I copied from the desktop to the notebook that carry over the directory where I initiated the campaign. When I finish a scenario on my notebook and it's time to fetch the next map , the directory required is the one where the game originated.

Return to “News”