New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 12:37

For those that would rather continue the campaign and not replay it you can use the cheat nwcvalhalla. If you have gone to Jarvis the only thing you will not see is Ellwines prophecy and I will post both of those text in the HIV forum. Just be sure you have done everything else you had intended on the map again this is just a nightmare that after 3 years an oversight like which has never happened well enough. You will still need the new version otherwise Talon will not have Ellwine's armor in the next map and that does eliminate the opportunity for a better piece of armor much later in the campaign. So once it is up download it and overwrite the old file and all will be right with the world (I hope).
Edited on Sun, Apr 30 2006, 09:48 by jeff
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

GreyWolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GreyWolf » 30 Apr 2006, 13:18

Go easy on yourself Jeff, it's a reat map and I wont mind relaying the 1st map...
...no matter where you go, there you are...

midnightlight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby midnightlight » 30 Apr 2006, 15:05

Agreed. I got stuck at the end of the map too, but I certainly wouldn't mind replaying it. Looks like a very promising campaign so far.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 15:06

Thanks for your understanding, now if you do not restart you will not receive the armor Ellwine would normally give you. But if you download the fixed file, overwrite the current file when you then start the next map it will check and see if Talon has the armor if not it will give it to him. So please whether you are restarting or not use the lastest file. You will know if you have it when starting the second map. I sent a testing map version to the site early this morning I have subsequently sent the correct one and it should be available soon.
Edited on Sun, Apr 30 2006, 09:49 by jeff

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 30 Apr 2006, 15:21

Anyone tried the campaign using Equilibris? I don't play HIV without the mod, so I wanted to hear some (if any) experiences before I start...

@ Jeff

Thank you so much for this great looking campaign! But, I think you should consider Equilibris next time ;) :P

Wow man! Those minimaps are incredible. As a fan of this series I salute you for your dedication and efforts. You great designers shall not be forgotten!
Edited on Sun, Apr 30 2006, 09:29 by gryphonheart
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 30 Apr 2006, 15:26

I guess version 1.1 is not up yet, btw...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 15:46

No it is not, please check for version 1.1, I'll email it to anyone who wants it. You can send me a PM if you wish with your email. I have not tried it with Equilibris, this game was balanced with the H-IV shortcomings so I do not know how it will play. There is a movement boost quest hut in map 8, that works fine without the mod, but as that was fixed in Equilibris, it may act as nwchermes with the mod.
Edited on Sun, Apr 30 2006, 11:38 by jeff

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 16:19

If I survive the release of this campaign, I plan on either a prequel or sequel. I'll take a poll on players preferences, and a poll on format, WoW, Equilibris or H-V. I have storylines but no maps as yet.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 16:50

Equi would be a best solution IMO.And as for prequel/sequel Ill tell you when I finish.Although now a prequel sounds like a better thing to make.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 30 Apr 2006, 16:55

I would advice equilibrius once it gets out because you'll get fabulous objects, weather conditions and some new scripts once the next version comes out.

But thats just my opinion.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 30 Apr 2006, 17:33

The updated map is now available here.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 17:38

I have downloaded the current version available on the site and checked it and all fixes are in this file, so go for it.
Edited on Sun, Apr 30 2006, 17:10 by jeff

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 30 Apr 2006, 22:50

I vote for WoW. My guess is that anyone who has installed Equilibris also has WoW. I don't believe the reverse is necessarily true - it certainly isn't in my case since I do not have nor plan to have Equilibris.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Apr 2006, 23:11

Well as I said let's survive this one, then we'll look to the future perhaps it will be clearer then.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 May 2006, 03:21

Just finished map 1 … incredible story. And it was a great map too. I got the mug & the armor at the end and then was transported to map two … but in map 1, I noticed a thief hiding in the bushes which I could never get to him. Did I miss a quest or trigger? I'd like to go back to map 1 where I have it saved, just before I enter the final quest hut and finish up that thief quest (if it is one). :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

GreyWolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GreyWolf » 01 May 2006, 08:05

To HodgePodge:

The same happened to me on my 1st trip through map1. I flagged the woodcutter's cottage next to the thief and a path opened up.

Defeat the thief and you get the braizer of sulphur and a nice boost for Lamentia if you return the quest hut.

To jeff:

I'm almost done with map #2. I have the flaming sword but can't access the tunnel in the north guarded by the ice deamons. Is this another bug or (more likely) amI missing something?
...no matter where you go, there you are...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 01 May 2006, 08:08

To ToweringAmishPlumber:

Yes, but Equilibrius is free and normal game can be played without it.

So it isn't a problem to get it if a map needs it.

Also, next version gives a LOOOOOOT of new good looking objects for mapmakers.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 May 2006, 08:20

To GreyWolf:

Did you complete the exploration of Talon's past in this map? Including a visit to a certain farm?
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 May 2006, 10:26

HodgePodge the thief is released when you start the quest at the mushroom quest hut. Grey Wolf you need to go to East Gorge and then it will start the exploration of Talon's past before the ice will melt, it sounds like you have not been to East Gorge. To get into East Gorge you need to visit the Quest Gate in the Southwest first. Also do not be in too big of a hurry, though not needed to melt the ice you must finish the emerald bow quest to complete the map.
Edited on Mon, May 01 2006, 15:10 by jeff

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 May 2006, 16:41

Soo far this seems to be one of the best campaigns I have played in a loong time. Truly great work :-)

Return to “News”