H7: Magic Guilds

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jan 2015, 12:13

A post on the official blog tells us more about the "Magic Guilds" (sic.) and for older players, the info should be quite familiar. As in previous instalments of the series, you will be able to build it into (4) levels, each level teaching you more spells:

<i>"Each level of the magic guild grants four spells, plus another per level if an Arcane Library has been built. Which means a total of 16 spells for a fully upgraded magic guild in any town, and 20 for an Academy town."</i>

Simply visiting a town will automatically teach the hero more spells. Logically, you cannot get all types of magic from any given town; some towns are incompatible with certain magic and refuses to teach them.

<a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... -vii">Read more here</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1420719213
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 08 Jan 2015, 12:38

Seems they are going back to heroes 5, albeit less restricting. Good, heroes 6 offered extremely little variance.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jan 2015, 15:20

It does look like a more traditional approach.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 08 Jan 2015, 16:52

I like the icon emblems and scroll arts they have.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2015, 21:03

They announced some time ago that there would be just one new spell. I wonder if spells got reworked somehow, new mechanics or if everything will be just the same they were in 5-6.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Jan 2015, 19:43

Still not very satisfying. I think there are too many spell types and they don't really coincide with factions.

Also there is the likelihood, with so many spell types, that you only get the minimum 1 spell per level that your faction specializes in. Which means a Haven guy with lots of invested training in light magic may only have 4 light spells to cast. I prefer the H4 approach where you are guaranteed to have several spells for your faction at every level.

Also it seems Eagle Eye is back, and that annoys me a lot. Eagle Eye was the most hated skill type in the past.

Lastly, I am also opposed to 'might' factions getting too many spells. As someone on the website commented, Level 4 spells in a Barbarian town? Is that a joke?

Return to “News”