New Maps

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

New Maps

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Oct 2014, 18:46

We have had some great influx recently: just the other day, we were sent a whole bunch of big maps made for <i>Heroes III</i> (SoD) - no fewer than <i>eleven</i> maps, actually. Go to <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... arch">this page to find them all.</a>

Also, Yurian just sent me some maps for testing; one small H3 map made in collaboration with HeroOfPunk, and the other is an "impossible" size map for H5 made by Yurian and Markkur. You can find them both at <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... s.php">our testing page</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1413053214
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

New Maps

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 12 Oct 2014, 16:30

Whoa! I tried to download "Tolkiens War of the Ring" and I got a screen full of what looked like code. (?)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Oct 2014, 22:36

Weird. You hit the "download" button and tried storing the file? It's a normal h5m file.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

New Maps

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 13 Oct 2014, 16:43

Yes, and I tried it again this morning and the same thing happened. This is part of the first line: PK¯¦KEÍ䈀!Maps/Multiplayer/H5screentest.ddsœ¼Klãè¶.FÑ–ZÔ￾¸–!{DÊ¢ZÔ™ú ¨;!éG[¼@ ³E￾bM(JrKôE­ @¶3 i«ÚÒî¸}%A6:%‹.

When I click on Download, the screen immediately fills with this stuff. I've never had a problem like this before and I've downloaded literally hundreds of maps.
Edited on Mon, Oct 13 2014, 12:45 by ToweringAmishPlumber

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Oct 2014, 17:35

I just tried and it works normally.

'Save link as' doesn't work as well? Other navigators, perhaps?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

New Maps

Unread postby hellegennes » 13 Oct 2014, 18:49

Try clearing your browser's cache. You could also try a different browser. It could be a good idea to scan for viruses if it doesn't work.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: New Maps

Unread postby Pol » 13 Oct 2014, 20:33

"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

New Maps

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 14 Oct 2014, 22:05

I am running Safari Version 5.1.10 on a Mac Mini. I ran a scan of the hard drive and no issues were found. I also emptied the cache. Then I tried one more time to download the file with the same results. Again, I've downloaded hundreds of Heroes maps on this PC using Safari.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

New Maps

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 14 Oct 2014, 22:16

Okay, I think I figured out what is happening, but not why. If I go to the "Download Maps" screens, everything works fine. But, if I go to the "Maptesting" link or click on "...our testing page." link above, that is where I have the problem. Hopefully, this makes sense and someone can try downloading from both areas to see if they have the same issue.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: New Maps

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Oct 2014, 02:58

ToweringAmishPlumber wrote:... and someone can try downloading from both areas to see if they have the same issue.
It works both ways. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

New Maps

Unread postby hellegennes » 15 Oct 2014, 19:23

"...on a Mac Mini..."

Okay, there's your problem. Throw it out and get a real computer. :p

Return to “News”