Heroes VII: Line up and model for Sylvan

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 17 Sep 2014, 19:55

After having chosen Sylvans as the fifth faction of Heroes VII, player and some time to vote another time and learn the line up for the faction.

Some models and artworks were published on the Dev Blog for players and they have a choice between three different line up, one base on the strength of the forest, the second based on the perfect balance, and the last one which unchained sylvan fury.

Find the list of units which will be implemented in the game:

1. Pixies

2. Root Snakes

3. Dryads

4. Emerald Knights

5. Twilight Stags

6. Green Dragon

If you want to see artworks and vote for your beloved line up, you can do it <a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/fr/blog/post/view/ ... rollan">on Heroes VII Dev Blog.</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1410983710

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Sep 2014, 08:22

Ok, for what I see (from artworks). Dryad looks fine, Emeral knights = Virgin elven warriors - good. Not impressed by Twilight Stags or Walking Earth dragon.

Line ups are strange. Unicorn and Phoenixes should be presented in the same line, with choice between Phoenix/Treant for top unit.

How many voting polls is Ubisoft planning?

(That's the question :-) )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Sep 2014, 08:37

I dislike the art of the dryad, it's basically a spirit with a green hue. And the very concept of an emerald knight annoys me, hence I voted fury.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 18 Sep 2014, 12:32

The emerald knight, about which so many fans have been complaining, is actually reminiscent of the MM7 elven warriors.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 18 Sep 2014, 13:40

Are you referring to this one? -- Elven Warrior. Except for the fact that both seem to favor the color green and wield a polearm, there is no resemblance at all.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 18 Sep 2014, 15:06

It's the same concept, not drawn from the same concept art. They also have the same feel.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Sep 2014, 15:58

Reminiscent or not, I'd prefer the blade dancer
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 18 Sep 2014, 18:16

The M&M 7 elf is a half-naked tribal warrior wearing a loincloth while the Heroes 7 emerald knight is clad in -- and I'm quoting the official descriptive text from the Ubisoft website here -- "flamboyant armour" from head to toe (with the strategic exception of the bare midriff of course). I can't argue with what your are "feeling", but I don't think there is much of a factual similarity between the two.

As for the blade dancer artwork from Heroes 5... Well, maybe without the antenna ears. This is not Record of Lodoss War after all but a western fantasy series with a long tradition of Tolkienesque looks.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2014, 18:27

I don't like these emerald knights simply because they look like a cake, something forced into the elite that didn't need to be there, almost like a valkyrie-jungle-thing. If there was to be an elf in such high position, looking that there's already druids, I'd prefer seeing them as a less fancy thing (like those dancers, as JSE said), or even a lancer mounting a unit, that unit being unicorns or even those blasted oddish things named deers, sunrise goats or whatever. But the emerald knights do bother me, a lot, just like the swordbearers bother me a lot in the human line up.

It's a feeling of boredom and inquisitiveness I cannot quite explain.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Sep 2014, 00:54

I suggest getting rid of the stupid pixies and the green dragons. Get an earth element as top creature.

Return to “News”