Heroes VII : New song and screenshot for sylvans

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 17 Sep 2014, 19:41

Two days ago, Might & Magic's team published a news sample song, edited by Paul Romero and Rob King. This song is actually The Elven Coronation, a huge event for sylvans faction. You will discover a theme very different that you were used to, with more Arabic ambiance.

In addition, a nice wallpaper was published on the website, and you can discover sylvan environment and a green knight.

<i>SOME PRESENTS TO CELEBRATE THE ELVES' VICTORY!

The Elves are now part of Might & Magic Heroes VII, and to celebrate their victory, we wanted to offer you some presents to thank you for your participation in this decisive vote!

For the first time, discover the Sylvan Faction Theme "The Elven Coronation", another masterpiece from our talented composers, Paul Romero and Rob King.</i>

Find more information about <a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... ry">Heroes VII on the Dev Blog.</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1410982909

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 17 Sep 2014, 21:09

Note that the lyrics are in Greek. It's not easy to discern them, though and I think Karin's R is less rhotic than it should, unless I am mistaken about the words she sings.

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 17 Sep 2014, 21:39

I didn't noticce that, i'm not realy good to find lyrics.

For the community: Do you like the song ? Do you consider it adapt well for Sylvan's faction ???

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Sep 2014, 22:49

The intro and ending was fitting sylvan and nature, but that connection kind of fell apart in between. I wonder what it would sound like with different flutes.

I would prefer that all the town themes have opera or at least vocals throughout the song. Overall, I don't think it's that great.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Sep 2014, 07:07

I hate the song, has no ring to it.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Sep 2014, 08:09

The music is beautiful although I don't know if it's having enough heroish and elfish feel but it could be. Overall, style of town screen (mostly) will decide.

Myself I would imagine a different theme, more expressing silent and strong nature of the elves. There, it reminds bit of anime style. Different but not original.

Yes, we are demanding fans!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2014, 13:48

The beginning, although rather touching, wasn't something I felt elvish, in any sense; it brought me a depressive feel, nothing to do with peace or anything. I was then expecting some irish ballad. Instruments used feel a bit far from the elvish feel I liked to hear, although I liked the song in general (given that I like those kind of songs myself). The ending was the most elvish thing in my opinion. Even the Gladiator'ssong theme would fit in comparison to this one, imho.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Sep 2014, 01:02

Now that looks about 96% like a "Disciples" Elf.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Sep 2014, 07:18

Variol wrote:>>>Now that looks about 96% like a "Disciples" Elf.
Sorry, but that is not true. I played Disciples 2 few days ago, with Elven Alliance, and H7 Sylvan looks so far nothing like Elves from Disciples.
H7 Elves don't have ears, which they could use to flying :P, they don't have griffins, centaurs and their Treants are suppose to be huge line-up unit, not average size summoned units. Not to mention that Sylvan theme is spring/summer/green color, not autumn/orange.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Sep 2014, 09:37

Search D3 pictures. Even the tree city is the same.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Sep 2014, 10:03

Ahh, but Disciples 3 is not a Disciples game. ;)

Return to “News”