Heroes VII : One moree weeke to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Heroes VII : One moree weeke to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...

Unread postby Aemaeth » 07 Sep 2014, 20:45

People have chosen between the next two factions of the game, and now the last week begin. Players have only a few days to choose between Dwarfs or Elves, and integrate the choice on Heroes VII blog.

Many discussions have started and many fights have begun, all players have their favorite faction.

You can explain you choice on <a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/fr/blog/post/view/ ... ek">Heroes VII dev blog</a>, and more important, try to convince us that your choice is the most important on <a href="/viewtopic.php?p=350757#350757">our forums</a>.

<i>Voices have been heard, arguments were presented and strong advocates have come forward. However, we have not yet reached a final decision!

You have one more week to vote for the Faction that should join Ivan’s side at the Shadow Council.

This mission is yours, Councillor. Common opinion seems to lean towards the Sylvans, but Fortress has not said its last words! You can still switch sides, and convince others to change their minds as well. The future of the Shadow Council rests in your hands

Use whatever means you deem necessary to rally the other members of this – informal – meeting to your choice. Campaign for your favorite allies, show us their strength and convince us that your opinion is the one that will benefit Ivan and his quest the most.

Ivan had doubts, the council is not yet complete, we need you to help us in this task! </i>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1410122746

Wizard of Soz
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VII : One more week to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...

Unread postby Wizard of Soz » 07 Sep 2014, 21:29

Its actually less than a week. Only 4 days now!

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 08 Sep 2014, 01:08

Given this choice, I voted Sylvan. Between the two, Sylvan is a must-have. My only fear is that Dark Elves may win the second vote. Hate the Dark Elf faction! Sorry Black Dragon, but Inferno is the must-have in the second vote IMHO...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 08 Sep 2014, 12:42

I know there are budget constraints, but somehow it feels like geeting less then there should be after we had 8 ashan factions in H5 and H6 introduced a 9th. Sigh.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Sep 2014, 14:12

H5 was not released with 8 factions, but 6. The last two were introduced with the expansions. H6 wasa released with a meager 5 and only in the expansion was the last brought in. Frankly, having 6 factions released with the game is a step back up after the calamity that was Heroes VI. There is always the chance that expansions will be released, bringing further factions into the game. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 08 Sep 2014, 14:41

I wanted to vote but the prospect of logging into uplay again turned me off. (Actually I have long since forgotten my details and no desire to search for them).

Without black dragons (and dragons in general) I don't feel that this is a real fantasy game.

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 08 Sep 2014, 18:10

cjlee: I wanted to vote but the prospect of logging into uplay again turned me off. (Actually I have long since forgotten my details and no desire to search for them).

+1

Kalah: H5 was not released with 8 factions, but 6 ...

I know, thats why worded it "it feels" and not "it is". Of course it is still kind of hindsight bias :-)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Sep 2014, 00:36

I am hoping for looots of factions but I'm sure 6 will be fine to start with. :-)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Sep 2014, 13:46

I want 20 factions. #don'tcare

But they cannot be things like: elf, light elf, dark elf, elf with the flu, dwarven elf. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Sep 2014, 14:07

Academy, Dungeon, Fortress, Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Sanctuary, Stronghold, Sylvan ... that's 9, how about adding one more so we get two expansions and two added factions in each? Time to bring out ... The Forge! ;) :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Sep 2014, 15:39

There was the Conflux as well. I miss a sea-oriented faction. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 09 Sep 2014, 15:56

Sanctuary > Fortress

And i miss the conflux too.
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes VII : One more week to vote for Dwarfs or Elves..

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Sep 2014, 12:06

Kalah wrote:Academy, Dungeon, Fortress, Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Sanctuary, Stronghold, Sylvan ... that's 9, how about adding one more so we get two expansions and two added factions in each? Time to bring out ... The Forge! ;) :D

Air Dragon Nomad Town faction would be more interesting... Forge would require too much imagination, and imo the H3 team didn't even have enough of it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2014, 14:46

A sandy desert type town thing? Wouldn't that simply be a mix between Academy and Stronghold?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Sep 2014, 17:24

Desert always reminds of pyramids and the mummies...and nomads, and sandstorms, and scorpions and talking cactuses.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Sep 2014, 05:26

Kalah wrote:A sandy desert type town thing? Wouldn't that simply be a mix between Academy and Stronghold?
Because Nomads can only be in the desert... especially those associated with Air... nope, can't think of any other type of air nomads... esp. not anything recent.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Sep 2014, 06:57

Maybe it's the headache I'm having, or maybe it's too early in the morning here, but I don't see to what you are referring ...

How about a swamp or elemental town? :)

Meanwhile, the vote seems fairly clear now. Elves it is.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 11 Sep 2014, 07:14

"Meanwhile, the vote seems fairly clear now. Elves it is".

"Seems" very clear? It was crystal clear from day 1. The percentage has not shifted a bit. That's mostly because of statistics. The majority of the votes must have been cast during the first days, if not the first day. That means that the distribution would not change afterwards, as the sample of even the first day sufficiently establishes the outcome.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 11 Sep 2014, 08:05

Kalah wrote:Maybe it's the headache I'm having, or maybe it's too early in the morning here, but I don't see to what you are referring ...
Avatar: the Last Airbender features nomadic air tribes. I'm not sure but I think that's what he's talking about.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Sep 2014, 08:39

@hellegennes: I'm sure you're right, but as a responsible (more or less ;)) news page it would be premature to actually call the result before now.

Return to “News”