Hereos VII : Tales of The Ten Years War, PART 1

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 29 Aug 2014, 12:46

A new note was published on M&M Heroes VII dev blog, and it concern background and History.

Futures players can discover, even they knew it, the Tales of The Ten Years War, starting at 843 YSD.

The narrator gives all story's details and explains the curse of Falcon and Griffin's royal family.

if you are interested about reading this story, you can find it on <a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... -1">Heroes VII dev blog</a>, or a tiny part below:

<i>Many of you have approached me, asking to recount the events of the last ten years. I’m beginning to understand that many outside of the Holy Empire didn’t quite understand what was going on within our borders. As much pain as it causes me to recall the tragic events of this last decade, it is necessary if we are to bring an end to the bloodshed. This might take some time though. A lot happens in ten years, especially ten years of war.

But is the story I will tell you the truth? It would be presumptuous of me to say. I can only tell things as I saw them – my truth. Ask one of Seamus of Stag’s advisors and he might spin a widely different tale. </i>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1409316379

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2014, 14:36

It's a nice enough story, not bad at all.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 29 Aug 2014, 14:46

I have bought the artbook/encyclopedy of M&M Universe some months ago, maybe some of you bought it, and I discover today news details about this story, something quite interesting....

And I like narrator's tone !!

We need juste more note like that, it is quite important to understand the universe !!!

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 29 Aug 2014, 20:25

I still dont get it... Where in the timeline of ashan is this?

Following this wiki http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Ashan

i dont see Any of this descriped.. Only Thing i see in the year 843 ysd is that this is When the second eclipse starts and demons roam free... So then demons should be a faction of this next game... And if so.. Why vote wether they should....

Oh..and another thing is ubi write that the second eclipse was 564 ysd.. But the wiki page says 843ysd..

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 29 Aug 2014, 20:45

So are they trying to be tongue-in-cheek or are we supposed to take this seriously? The casual way things are described and the way they address the reader makes it seem like they're trying to bring some of the humor that was in the old M&M games back. However, they've been keeping a pretty serious tone with all the Asha stuff so far.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: Hereos VII : Tales of The Ten Years War, PART 1

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 Aug 2014, 14:47

dark raider wrote:I still dont get it... Where in the timeline of ashan is this?

Following this wiki http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Ashan
Here's what is stated on the page of your link:

"843 YSD 4th Eclipse - Falcon's Last Flight

A Total eclipse. This time, the Demons storm the capital of the Falcon Empire and massacre the royal house. As soon as the Demons are repelled, fighting breaks out as the various noble houses attempt to claim the throne."

So I can't see what's the problem or where you saw that 843 YSD was the "second" eclipse?
MMH7 is set in 853 YSD, after 10 years of civil war. The "Tales of the Ten Years War" article series will cover the events of this decade.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 31 Aug 2014, 04:58

The 10 years war will result in the Holy Empire defeating France but the Spanish throne going to the Bourbons. :p

Return to “News”