H3: MYTH

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2014, 14:29

The Hungarian community have some big news for the Heroes III fans. A friend of Master Vologya's and the Hungarian Heroes team are making a new non-official expansion for Heroes III ROE. The expansion is called <b><i>MYTH</i></b>.

Vologya is saying that if the project goes well, they will also do an English translation of the game. Is this something that would interest you guys? Below is a description of the castles and if you follow <a target="_blank" href="/http://heroes.hardwired.hu/heroes3/leir ... html">this link</a>, you can see the creatures of the castles.

<blockquote>1. Castle of LOYALTY (CASTLE), follower of the light. Order reigns among men in this knight's castle, loyalty is the cohesive force. Angels with superhuman strength, who never join the forces of Darkness, serve as a role model for them.

2. Castle of BRAVERY (RAMPART), follower of the Light. Peaceful beings from Middle Earth live in this castle, who are basically not fighters. But as soon as they are attacked mercilessly, they bravely stand up for each other.

3. Castle of PURITY (CONFLUX), follower of the Light. They rule over the elements of nature, but they never use their power abusively. Although Phoenixes turn to ashes when they die, their pure souls are always reborn!

4. Castle of MITHOLOGY (DUNGEON), follower of Gloom. These strange half-human, half-animal creatures do not respect the Gods of creation, but they intervene in the world of men, playing that they are their Gods themselves.

5. Castle of SORCERY (TOWER), follower of Gloom. The mana obscures these creature's power of judgement. So they are not virtuous, not even wicked, only faithless. They use the power of sorcery to reach their selfish purposes.

6. Castle of PERFIDY (FORTRESS), follower of Gloom. Scaly reptiles live in the swamps of deceit, who don't endanger others, but they easily take out with cold blood anyone who enters their territory.

7. Castle of CRUELTY (STRONGHOLD), follower of Darkness. The armies of Sauron are sworn to slaughter the unyielding alliance of men, show mercy to no one. Even the grass under their feet burns out.

8. Castle of DISMAY (NECROPOLIS), follower of Darkness. These stinky undead creatures possess the power of fear from death. They keep terrorizing the mortals with this dark force.

9. Castle of MISERY (INFERNO), follower of Darkness. These condemned creatures had denied the Light and themselves, since then they have been burning in excruciating pain. They have a temporary relief if they can tempt others to treachery.</blockquote>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1406989765
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Aug 2014, 19:34

I could be tempted,

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 02 Aug 2014, 21:27

I'm for any expansion to Heroes 3, as it's still my favorite, and variety is the spice of gaming.

WOG is exceptional... perhaps they can create something just as good.

Lomedae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lomedae » 02 Aug 2014, 23:25

Sounds like a fun project, hope they get to finish it.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Aug 2014, 20:36

Eee this is a rip off. Annoying common attitude from some modders, take other people work, mix them without any taste (camel and dragon on snow?!) then label expansion...

The "new" creatures were extracted from other games using 3ds max by me, Etoprostoya, Hero of light, axolotl., then shared with community. Now all they did is collect them, place randomly in some virtual towns. 8|

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... 5150#focus

Then they only recolored the rider's shield:

Ijuuin Enzan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ijuuin Enzan » 04 Aug 2014, 08:33

You still won't make a Horn of the Abyss section, and yet you're posting this garbage that stole from it? Nauseating.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2014, 14:05

Salamandre wrote:Eee this is a rip off. Annoying common attitude from some modders, take other people work, mix them without any taste (camel and dragon on snow?!) then label expansion...
Good that you're putting them in place, then. Credit where credit's due, and all that.
Ijuuin Enzan wrote:You still won't make a Horn of the Abyss section, and yet you're posting this garbage that stole from it?
No separate sections for any mod but WoG and Equi. News on the other hand? Sure. Bring me a news story and I'll post it.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Aug 2014, 16:11

Kalah wrote:News on the other hand? Sure. Bring me a news story and I'll post it.
Then maybe you should start reading WoG forum and then you would find news to post? :P

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2014, 16:22

Nah. ;)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Aug 2014, 17:14

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Re: H3: MYTH

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Aug 2014, 21:32

Ijuuin Enzan wrote:Nauseating.
Heh, uneducated man. Make your own forum if you are offended by others ideas, put some work into, and then only start to argue about kalah choices.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2014, 22:35

@Avonu: LOL :D
@Ijuuin Enzan: Thank you for using the term "nauseating" correctly. :)

Seriously, though, @everybody: paying attention to all sorts of projects and their goings on is too much to handle. But if you feel that there is something that deserves some attention, give me a poke and I'll see if I can put something on the news page, like I did here. :)

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 06 Aug 2014, 16:33

I would definitely try it.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 17 Aug 2014, 22:03

Re: Rip off

For such an old game with a small community and little hope of getting a modern sequel that takes after its design, any sort of work done on it should be welcomed with open arms.

If the mod is fun, then people will play it. If it is a rip off and there is a better mod out there, then people will play that other mod. If it is a decent innovation of another quality mod, then that's completely fine to me.

Andrews
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrews » 26 Sep 2014, 16:47

Return to “News”