The End of CH

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Erik568
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The End of CH

Unread postby Erik568 » 01 Apr 2014, 16:19

After fifteen years in the game, it seems Celestial Heavens will be following the lead of <a href="/http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227 ... GameSpy</a> and shut up shop. For the past couple of years, interest in the Might and Magic series has been dwindling, and since fewer people are interested, the administrators have admitted that they don't see the point in having a fansite like this anymore.

"The official site and Facebook page can take care of all the info fans need, so we're shutting down in a few months time." one of them said after their staff meeting earlier today.

That's it for now - I'll try to get some more news about this later, and post it here before the site closes.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1396369152

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

The End of CH

Unread postby Korbac » 01 Apr 2014, 18:06

Oh my god. :( It's the best fan-site for M&M with regular news and stuff. I don't go to the official one, but I frequently visit CH. Makes me sad. :( I hope you will change your mind.

Lomedae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The End of CH

Unread postby Lomedae » 01 Apr 2014, 21:26

I am assuming important news like this would never come out on April 1st if it weren't a prank.

No matter how godawful Ubi is treating the franchise and how mind-boggling bad the last version is, there is always hope for a good Heroes game somewhere in the future. And until then there's always II, III to play and even the occasional game of V. And Celestial heavens should keep existing along with all us old farts, waiting for a new dawn.

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

The End of CH

Unread postby Rife » 01 Apr 2014, 21:38

Even knowing this is a April Fool's joke, this post makes me sad. :(
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

The End of CH

Unread postby hellegennes » 02 Apr 2014, 02:04

Yeah, me too. I hope CH stays here for as long as there is a Might and Magic franchise, but it sort of feels lately that the site and forum traffic or participation is fading. Perhaps the website could switch to a more web 2.0 friendly mode, where community participation could be more direct, but I know that might be a lot to ask, considering the admins are just fans of the franchise and they might not have the time for such a revamp.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 02 Apr 2014, 06:06

Well it'd be nice if the forum displayed post dates less as
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 3:04 Post subject: The End of CH
And more like
Post by Gez » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 am

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

The End of CH

Unread postby Korbac » 02 Apr 2014, 07:58

If it is an April fools joke - then it's not funny :/

Sunlover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The End of CH

Unread postby Sunlover » 02 Apr 2014, 08:21

I sincerely hope that was a joke. I'm presuming it is, since the post came from "The_Jester" and has a @gmail.com address, not a @celestialheavens.com address.

This website is so much better than the official site and FB pages, the *official* site should shut down and pay you guys homage -- and some income. :D I still play Heroes 5, have re-opened a few games in Heroes 2 in the last week, and I find the guides (although some of them are in serious need of updating) extremely useful. (I'm like Lomedae I think in that I like 2, 3 and 5...think 4 was god-awful and 6...*shakes head slowly*...good stories, but the combat is somewhat lacking)...

*I* appreciate all your hard work, staff. And if by some infinitesimally small chance this is for real, then I hope you will at least share your treasure trove of accumulated knowledge for the walkthroughs, maps, mods and storyline and such with anyone who'd be willing to host the info at a new site. I do have to say in truth though, I would have never known about a lot of the gems in the Heroes game series if you all hadn't pointed them out (such as the "tank" on the far left side of the map in Heroes V: The Queen, chapter 4.) :) Things like that make me admire the staff all the more.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The End of CH

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Apr 2014, 15:00

Yes it was an April Fool's joke, even if the next post didn't make it so obvious.

We do have plans for a major redesign, and we have a pretty good idea of what we'd like to achieve. Unfortunately, the availability of resources is limited and we come across bottlenecks. But someday, hopefully, we'll get rid of all the rust on this humble site. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

The End of CH

Unread postby decebalus » 03 Apr 2014, 20:57

YES, its cose UBI ruined all heroes series! simple as that!

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 Apr 2014, 02:48

Even though I don't visit this forum regularly any more, it has always been my all time favorite forum and reading this joke made me cry. Please stay open forever! :baby:

corleone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The End of CH

Unread postby corleone » 10 Apr 2014, 17:29

What... NOOOOOOOOO.....

Oh... it was posted on April 1st... That's what I get for taking a vacation and not taking any electronic devices....

Whew....

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The End of CH

Unread postby DanTanna » 08 May 2014, 02:17

Holy Moly I just almost had a very bad night!

Rion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rion » 17 May 2014, 11:03

This is what I hate about April's fools, in real life it's bad enough to not be able to trust anything on the 1. of April, but on the internet the pranks stick around forever.

This one was especially bad since I was reminded of what happened to Stronghold-Knights and the Stronghold franchise in general.

Even if it's just a joke, it hits a little too close to home.
Please inform me if my sentences contains grammatical mistakes.

Return to “News”