New Map: One by one

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Apr 2006, 23:43

A link to the mini-map would solve everything. For those who want to see the mini-map they could click on the link & view it … and for those who don't want to see it, they can not click. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

_faenad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby _faenad » 22 Apr 2006, 08:52

Well, I tend to agree with caradoc - as I don't play the map immediately after downloading it, and as I tend to play L to XL map, seing a minimap is not a spoiler for me.

But a checkbox or a dedicated link should be the best to satisfy everyone.

But I would like the new maps section to be back at the top, with small screenshot for example

For the moment there are a lot of news with the coming of Heroes V, but most of the time I come on CH for maps and others contributions from fans.

It's them who keep the game alive for ages. The Best maps and campaings I played were all released by fans.

vaudy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vaudy » 25 Apr 2006, 01:07

I personally like to see mini-maps before I download. It helps me decide whether or not it's a map I might want to play. however, I can see the point of those who consider it a spoiler and those who say they prefer to just see news. I think a good compromise is to list the newest maps at the top of the page, but offer a link to the mini-map, as others suggested. I like knowing what the newest maps are without searching the news archives, but linking to the mini-map will take up less space for those who don't want to scroll too far for their news.
Edited on Mon, Apr 24 2006, 19:09 by vaudy
Now you see me, now you don't

Return to “News”