Might and Magic X Q&A at RPG Codex

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Apr 2013, 15:28

The good folks at RPG Codex spoke with Stephan Winter (CEO of Limbic), Julien Pirou and Gary Paulini about the tenth installment of the Might and Magic series. They discuss how accessibility will be a key element of the retro-flavored game:

"One of the strengths of the Might & Magic RPG series is the fact the previous games always aimed for greater accessibility. MM2 introduced the automap feature, MM3 had one of the very first questlogs – maybe even THE first one. The series quickly embraced mouse control, icons and colors to make the information clearer, etc. Thanks to that, a game like World of Xeen remains very playable today and has aged better than other RPGs of its time (not speaking of the technical side of course).

For Might & Magic X - Legacy, we tried to maintain this tradition of accessibility. Accessibility, by the way, is not to be confused with simplification. Accessibility is not about making the game less complex, but making it easier to use and understand. So Might & Magic X has detailed tooltips, clear signs and feedback, drag-and-drop interface, quick-action bar, etc. Nothing extraordinary, but important features players are used to finding in modern RPGs."

The full article can be found <a href="/http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8895">here</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1365175702
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Apr 2013, 16:28

Great Q&A! :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

SirTimotheus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirTimotheus » 05 Apr 2013, 19:56

Really enjoyed that interview. Maybe it's just foolish nostalgia, but I'm really psyched for this game.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 05 Apr 2013, 20:41

Nice questions and decent answers.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Apr 2013, 21:08

More accurately, you won't explore spaceships, fight killer robots or wield blasters. (. . .) But it doesn’t mean there's no connection to the older games of the series. Actually, if you know the "ancient universe" you should keep your eyes open while exploring the world of Might & Magic X...
I actually liked this part best.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Apr 2013, 23:20

So... more Little Green Imps?

And maybe a MGW or two?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 Apr 2013, 01:47

ThunderTitan wrote:So... more Little Green Imps?
This wasn't a reference to the original universe.

Anyway, I hope they'll keep their word and there will be an actual connection, not just references and easter eggs.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

japol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby japol » 06 Apr 2013, 08:29

''As the game will be based on Uplay, the chances of it being available on GoG are fairly slim, as their policy is no DRM at all (if we’re wrong and GoG is happy to distribute the game, please contact us! : ) )''

God forbid DRM garbage being sold on GOG

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JustTimmY » 06 Apr 2013, 14:09

Not bad but I need to see a longer and comprehensive gameplay video or to play a demo.

My view of the game is not clear yet :)

Nic-V
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nic-V » 06 Apr 2013, 23:22

How big is the world in Clouds of Xeen, I'm afraid I haven't played that particular installment.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 07 Apr 2013, 11:19

Clouds of Xeen may be the smallest of all 9 previous installments.

Return to “News”