MMX Release Date

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Release Date

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Mar 2013, 17:42

According to a <a href="/http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/24/414081 ... 3">preview by Polygon</a>, sporting an interview with M&M series creative director Erwan le Breton, the game is set for a September release, at least in downloadable form:

<center><i>"Might and Magic X Legacy is set for release in September as a downloadable title on Windows PC."</i></center>

We will return with more info in our Q&A soon.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1364233376
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

MMX Release Date

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Mar 2013, 18:33

It will be a loooong Summer. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

MMX Release Date

Unread postby Ryder » 25 Mar 2013, 18:53

It will be a looooong Winter for some.

I wont get it if it isnt on a dvd in a box. Oh, you better also have a manual and a map aswell. A big cloth one.

You can stick your digital download where the sun dont shine. I'm still waiting for the latest Kings Bounty to be made available on DVD.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Mar 2013, 19:14

I want a metallic Ankh (like in Ultima IV!), a Falcon 3-size manual (to use as a door-stop), 3.5" disks (changing disks will allow me to take my eyes off the screen once in a while), game catalogs (to find out about games that have been out for months already), and a registration card (which I'll just throw to the garbage can). And a $50 price tag, because that's how much games were sold for back then, months or years after their release. Old school all the way! ;)

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

MMX Release Date

Unread postby Ryder » 25 Mar 2013, 19:28

Like the way you're thinking Angelspit.

I also want a certificate for completing the game. Not one you print out yourself but one like in MM2 that was signed by JVC himself.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Mar 2013, 19:59

As a matter of fact, two persons showed their certificates to Irina on Twitter during the week-end:

https://twitter.com/MightMagicGame/stat ... 7840461824

I agree that this is feature needs to be brought back (if only as a screenshot).

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: MMX Release Date

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 25 Mar 2013, 21:59

"Might and Magic X Legacy is set for release in September as a downloadable title on Windows PC."
Well, that means I'll never get it (just as with HoMM6)- I don't have a high-speed connection (only 768k DSL), and so a DVD-sized download is several days' time- assuming nobody wants to use the internet connection for anything else.

And people wonder why small iOS games are so popular...
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Release Date

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Mar 2013, 22:14

There will surely be a DVD release too, they just don't have a date for it yet. Must be.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Mar 2013, 23:54

It is equally important that any special edition be made available to all of the fans and not just Europe. One of the irritants with H-6 was the fact North America had to settle for the download special edition without the extra offered in the box edition. Also there had better not be an internet requirement to use all features like they did with H-6.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Release Date

Unread postby hellegennes » 26 Mar 2013, 00:00

I am no big fan of digital downloads but they do offer one great advantage: they're less expensive. When the company has a specific budget for a game, a digital download means that they will spend less on insubstantial things like packaging and more on actually developing the game. Plus, it's way cheaper for the buyer and the generated revenue is not split between the company making the game and the actual, physical market. And that's a good thing because more money for the company means more chances that we will get better sequels (or that we will get sequels; period).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2013, 00:17

The era of digital downloads is here - no doubt about that. We guys who still buy CDs and want games on DVDs with manuals and boxes, we're dinosaurs, really. And I'm all for digital distribution since it lowers costs, increases the speed of distribution and also allows you to store your digital information in a cloud rather than discs which deteriorate over time (you knew CDs have a shelf life, right?).

However.

There is a nostalgic twist. This is an old school game made for old school gamers - that's what it's coined as, anyway. The customers want boxes and physical copies. I submit that Ubi should make both.

Also, I agree that the US fans have been neglected - if not to say insulted - by the lack of attention the past few years. PAX has done something to right this wrong and I shall submit questions in future Q&As asking what will be done for the US players. However: much of this is not in the hands of those that care. The fact that Ubisoft Europe and Ubisoft USA are different companies and that copyright and distribution laws are different in these places ... well, let's just say it inevitably creates some obstacles in the form of different procedures and policies. It really is complicated. Even if the heart might be in the best of places from the people who make the game, it's not certain that everything will work out the way we hope.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Mar 2013, 00:37

For the record, please don't lump is Canadians in with the US. Thanks :)

I can't deny that I'm getting excited about this. I truly hope I'm not disappointed. And I was playing MM1 a few months back, I actually thought, if they just updated this game, it would be pretty darn good. Well, they're doing it! :D

So, you can all thank me! :proud:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Mar 2013, 01:20

..oh, and if there's going to be a Q&A, please ask if they need a Canadian Beta tester. :D

japol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Release Date

Unread postby japol » 26 Mar 2013, 10:15

Am i the only one who doesn't like grid based movement?

I finished Legend of Grimrock,it took me 10 hours or something and

together with the real time combat of course it was pretty tiresome at times.

Maybe this is a bit too old school.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Mar 2013, 12:03

Variol wrote:For the record, please don't lump is Canadians in with the US. Thanks :) :proud:
You have every right to be proud to be Canadian. I do lump you with us as I believe you were also denied the special versions right along with us.

It was more than the distribution it was also the way information was 'leaked' with heroes. Frequently CH had to find out information from fans who found info on other non-English forums. I understand giving the different forums their own special announcement, but UBI IMHO carried it to the extreme. I will turn the other cheek and hope things will be better from here on.

Yes I am a dinosaur and have no problem with a download version of the game in fact I bought the complete set of Heroes and MM games off of GOG during the last big sale. I want the DVD version in hopes it will be complete and not have any need to communicate with the UBI game servers for anything except registration. Hopefully the same will be true for the download.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2013, 13:43

I have begun to compile the answers for the first Q&A and I think you're in for some good news there. :)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Release Date

Unread postby hellegennes » 26 Mar 2013, 16:02

Jeff, sometimes you forget that the whole world does not consist solely of English-speaking countries and Ubisoft just so happens to be a French corporation. It's not logical that you feel betrayed that a French company releases early information on French websites first.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

MMX Release Date

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 26 Mar 2013, 16:51

I think that games should be available in both formats - download and boxed editions. I am "old school" and hate downloads. If that means I have to pay more for the boxed edition, I'm fine with that. Not everyone can afford a million mPS internet connection (I can't) and what happens when your hard drive suddenly goes south. I know, I know, you can always go to "the cloud". Ugh, I hate that marketing term! The cloud is nothing more than a bunch of servers in a building and is technology that has been around for decades. Before anyone takes me to task, just remember that I said at the beginning that games should be available in both formats.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2013, 18:18

@hellegennes: That isn't the issue; the problem is not (just) that the Americans have been getting info and material later, it is that they have not been getting it at all. You can for instance see this topic on the special edition which never came.
Though we have an international outlook, Celestial Heavens have primarily North American members; more than 50% of our visitors come from the US, so it is not surprising to find such laments on this particular site.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

MMX Release Date

Unread postby Ryder » 26 Mar 2013, 18:40

Thanks for that Thraldur.

Return to “News”