Heroes Online Trailer

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Mar 2013, 16:17

But think of all the free publicity...

Also, HIV worked just fine...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Ryder » 18 Mar 2013, 19:49

I would have banned you too y.

Obviously they dont know the reason behind your name. You should go back to Smarties anyway. ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Mar 2013, 21:04

Well if you want i can make you cry... they'll ban me for that for sure.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 19 Mar 2013, 00:59

Ryder wrote:I would have banned you too y.

Obviously they dont know the reason behind your name. You should go back to Smarties anyway. ;)
All I need is a signed certificate for beating MM2.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 19 Mar 2013, 22:13

Angelspit wrote:Now we know why they inverted "Heroes" and "Might and Magic": the acronym HOMMO didn't pass management approval.
MMHO = Might & Magic HO. How is that better? Tramps aren't heroes whether they are might or magic oriented... at least not for some... :devil:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 29 May 2013, 20:40

I received a beta pass for this game (I'm not sure how since I never applied), and it is extremely boring.

I played for about two hours which for me was very generous in trying to give the game a chance. I felt like stopping after the first 30 minutes because I was not having fun.

You walk around fulfilling quests for NPC's. The quests are usually garbage collecting tasks which are just excuses to get into battles. I did not care at all for this NPC overworld system and found it annoying because all you do is click around talking to bots for the sole purpose of getting into battles. The battle system doesn't bring anything interesting to the table and they are bereft of strategy.

Your hero has a basic attack and acquires additional abilities as she levels up. However, I quickly discovered that none of my abilites were ever worth using over the basic attack. When I used any ability, my casulties typically doubled. Thus leveling up was not rewarding at all and didn't add any intriguing aspect to combat.

I was only given skeltons and zombies as units during the entire time of play and there was no way to get any other units. At some point, I could recruit additional zombies, but the game makes you wait X minutes to get the units and if you don't want to wait, you have to buy tokens (i.e. not truly free game).

It was really funny to see packs of other players all waiting at the recruiting spot doing absolutely nothing while "playing" the game. In other words, the game actually makes you want to go do something else and not play their game (if you want to be a free player and this game didn't show me anything worth paying for).

I strongly recommend you stay away from this game. Ask me any questions.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 May 2013, 17:36

The following point stands out to me as one of the most egregious forms gluttonous stupidity I've seen in a quite a while.

There is an item that let's you travel faster on the adventure map. It has no strategic purpose; it just speeds up the very slow gameplay. It's use is temporary and I'm pretty sure it can only be bought using real currency.

I can't help but ask what kind of greedy bastard would charge people to temporarily improve a flawed game design experience like the slow rate of movement in a game where you spend a ton of time wandering from point A to point B with nothing interesting happening between the journey?

Why is this an item you have to pay for instead of something that was built into the game in the first place? There are other types of items similar to this that make me wonder, "Wtf were you thinking?" :disagree:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 May 2013, 20:03

Just use the stables or runes which you can find after fights - they are free.

Next time before you rant on something CHECK it in game first.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 May 2013, 14:01

Avonu wrote:Just use the stables or runes which you can find after fights - they are free.

Next time before you rant on something CHECK it in game first.
They should charge people for meaningful content; not because of negative reinforcement.

Clearly someone on the development team thought that the gameplay speed was an issue to include such an item. There are other similar & shameless "game features." They frequently decided to put $$$ before producing a quality game experience.

You are willing to tolerate those kinds of things. Good for you. I hope you enjoy the experience. I will not waste my free time putting up with those shenanigans and will call them out on their poor execution.

As an aside, item drops seem random and even after several hours of play, I never came across any stables.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Jun 2013, 09:56

mr.hackcrag wrote:You are willing to tolerate those kinds of things. Good for you.
And where I said that I like this? I don't like when someone rant about something without checking all options first... as you did.
mr.hackcrag wrote:As an aside, item drops seem random and even after several hours of play, I never came across any stables.
Then maybe it's time to go to eye doctor because stables are building on each map, clearly visible when you check map zone itself (button below mini-map).

And instead posting here, maybe you would use HO test forum to post your ideas and complains there? If you would do that, you maybe would see that topic about map and combat speed was already mentioned few days ago. :P

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Jun 2013, 21:22

CH is the best and therefore, only Heroes site worth visiting for me. B-) This old geezer isn't going to have an affair with other sites after all this time.

Anyway, I said I was "pretty sure" so I acknowledged I didn't check all options, mainly because I wasn't motivated to continue playing. I'm not sure why you didn't like that so much. The core of my post is still legit.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Jun 2013, 21:59

We love our loyal fans. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “News”