Heroes Online Trailer

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Mar 2013, 21:33

<center><iframe width="500" height="281" src="/http://www.youtube.com/embed/4PozgCcWPRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1362692032
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Torur » 08 Mar 2013, 12:50

Looks great. Lets hope it plays as well as it looks.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
"George S. Patton, Jr."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Mar 2013, 14:43

I'll try to find out about the release date. In the mean time, this small Q&A was released a while ago:

Q: Will this game make the old school mm fans be happy? Or are you trying for a new group of players?
A: We are absolutely focusing on fans of the previous games in the franchise. That said, MMHO is a new game for a new platform (flash/browser) with heavy multiplayer elements added on-top; it would be absolutely impossible to retain exactly every element from Heroes VI or III, for instance – that wouldn’t work in this new circumstance.
We hope that the slight changes that we’ll make to the game will be appreciated or at the very least understood by the community. And we also accept that some players will prefer to have a game that behaves more like Heroes VI. That’s okay too – we’re perfectly happy to have both games coexist side-by-side.

Q: Why demons? There should be no demons in time span of this game.
A: This will be explained by the story line in the actual game – look forward to discovering the reasons for the presence of the Inferno troops!

Q: what is the goal for the player playing this game
A: There will be many goals, and depending on the player the various goals will be prioritized differently. Some players will have the completion of the story as their main goal. Others will look towards optimizing their economy and troop production infrastructure. Others will want to get all the best items. The VIPs will probably want to do all of those, and more.

Q: How will the plot be presented ingame? Just as a large set of quests or a bigger storyline? "Storyline seasons" as in MMH Kingdoms?
A: Because MMHO is an online game that will be continuously expanded during the course of its lifetime, there is no one method that we’ll stick to forever. That said, for the initial launch, the quests will be the main method by which the story is presented.

Q: Seing as the game has different sources of inspiration, will it be a sort of "All-stars" Heroes game, combining the best, or a particular game style will feel dominant (H5 seems to be the one)?
A: We definitely want players to agree that MMHO feels like a “true” Heroes game. That said, we are not necessarily trying to make the game feel like any specific entry in the franchise. The hope is that there are enough familiar things for the game to feel accurate, but that we also have enough new stuff in there that it feels fresh. Most importantly, we want to make sure that the game is an absolute blast to play, and that players keep thinking about it between play sessions.

Q: How does a player log into the game? Free account?
A: Yes, you can play Might & Magic Heroes Online for free. There is no fee for creating an account or playing the game.

Q: Assuming that HO will provide a multiplayer mode, what kind of interactions will be the players able to experience (Collaborative, PvP, Bosses) and how does that fit with the "play at your pace" principle? Will we have to wait all the other player(s) to move or will this kind of battles force the players to meet in a single timeframe to resolve them?
A: We will have several different kinds of multiplayer interactions, each featuring their own solutions and priorities. For example, in the turn-based co-op battles where players take turns moving their pieces, they will indeed wait for the other player to make his/her turn. In other situations there will be an absolute window of time where the player is able to participate. If they miss it, the opportunity is gone – though only for that instance (most such content will be available more than once). “Play at your own pace” is a guiding principle, but not absolute.

Q: Are there different worlds or each player enter the game at the same point and will have the same course of quests than the other players? If so, the map elements (monsters and treasures) will be different to each player depending on the development state (or level) they are in, right?
A: Some aspects of the game will be identical to all players, while others will differ depending on many different factors, including players’ choices.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby decebalus » 08 Mar 2013, 16:47

another method to extort money from us....nothing's free at these *******s!

unfinished products are their real brand!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Mar 2013, 17:54

You make a good point in the midst of your ignoble rant: I will make an effort in trying to find out what the business model is and how they plan to make money from this. It could be any number of things:
- product placement or other ad revenue,
- the possibility of spending money on buying extra bonus items or other things (while the basic game version is still free),
- trying to use this free game to attract players who will develop a love for M&M and buy the other games.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby cjlee » 08 Mar 2013, 18:10

I am still waiting for Blizzard's second expansion pack Heart of Swarm for Starcraft II to come out.

Ubisoft has already created... lost count of the different versions and new products around the HOMM and MM franchises.

Ubisoft would probably make much more money producing a few really good products, rather than a swam of unfinished games.

I propose Ubisoft make Heroes Unfinished or Beta of Heroes. At least our expectations won't be disappointed.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Mar 2013, 18:55

Kalah wrote:I will make an effort in trying to find out what the business model is and how they plan to make money from this. It could be any number of things:
- the possibility of spending money on buying extra bonus items or other things (while the basic game version is still free)
This one.
Just look at Duel of Champions or Heroes Kingdoms business model and you have your answer. Not to menion Settlers Online.

Thanatoeil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thanatoeil » 08 Mar 2013, 19:35

About the free-to-play side, I found on a french video games news website ( jeuxvideo.com )
Il existera toutefois une solution pour se simplifier la tâche : dépenser de l'argent. En effet, de ce que nous avons pu voir, une monnaie secondaire principalement obtenue contre de l'argent réel permettra d'acheter tout et n'importe quoi, mais surtout de ranimer ses soldats après une bataille difficile.
Approximately translated, it says :
There will be a way to make it easier : spend money. According to what we saw, a virtual currency, mainly bought with real money, will allow to buy anything and everything, but particularly to resurrect killed soldiers, after a harsh fight.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Mar 2013, 19:44

Also you can restore your hero action points (IIRC you have limit of fights per day) by cash shop items, instead of waiting for reste in next day.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 08 Mar 2013, 22:57

Seems similar in many ways to Kings Bounty Legions (which I am enjoying to a certain extent; I really need to reinstall Armoured Princess and finish that game- I never put it on my current system after my old one died.)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby decebalus » 09 Mar 2013, 22:28

to Kalah:

I think wasting time on explaining whats so obvious is same as explaining why childish game is so cool and "fit" for some of us who desperately hopes for better game. In fact, ubi doesnt even bother to come along with some innovative methods in making money. Same old rubish from so called "game-company" who cant afford to spend in Heroes brand > meanwhile others do: Eador: Masters of the Broken World.

Btw, anybody noticed all heroes communities are almost dead...I think u havent had time to check that!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2013, 22:39

Sorry, I didn't follow any of that. But yes, we know that the Communities are all but dead. We have been shouting this at Ubisoft for a long time without getting much attention, but recently, we were sent a message that they wanted to analyze the activity on various fan sites. When we actually showed them our numbers (i.e. how far they've fallen since the game was released), it seemed to get their attention.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby decebalus » 09 Mar 2013, 22:45

i think mostly because of multiplayer segment of the game...see Sim Turns and so on, check toheroes.com, heroescommunity.com and so on..
Meanwhile Im looking at this..

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2013, 23:08

Yes, the poor multiplayer (servers going down, poor balance, no sim turns etc.) is one thing, the lack of good maps (poor map editor, no RMG) is another.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2013, 14:25

So... am i the only one who wants the next proper HoMM game to use a scaled up version of these graphics?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2013, 14:25

And pg. 2 is no longer empty...

So, is this ever getting fixed?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Mar 2013, 14:43

I had the same feelings: those graphics are all that we need really.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 12 Mar 2013, 07:49

Kalah wrote:Sorry, I didn't follow any of that. But yes, we know that the Communities are all but dead. We have been shouting this at Ubisoft for a long time without getting much attention, but recently, we were sent a message that they wanted to analyze the activity on various fan sites. When we actually showed them our numbers (i.e. how far they've fallen since the game was released), it seemed to get their attention.
Don't expect community managers to know what they are doing.

If my memory serves, those guys banned me on their forum because they thought my name was strange-looking and that I made a post after 3 years of inactivity (it's like there's any real incentive to post there).

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Heroes Online Trailer

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Mar 2013, 17:33

Now we know why they inverted "Heroes" and "Might and Magic": the acronym HOMMO didn't pass management approval.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Mar 2013, 16:17

But think of all the free publicity...

Also, HIV worked just fine...

Return to “News”