Do You Still Play?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
krs
Peasant
Peasant

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby krs » 20 Nov 2012, 08:58

What ronus03 said except for Torchlight...

Would I play the game if at least the skills were fixed? Of course I would! IMO Heroes 6 with Heroes 5 like skill tree would be the greatest in the series (despite its all other shortcomings).

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby magritte2 » 20 Nov 2012, 20:59

I am currently playing but I just started again after shelving the game two weeks after I bought it. I suspect I'll stop when I get through the campaign, though. I feel like a lot of the decisions made to "limit micromanagement" make the game almost entirely about how to minimize casualties during the tactical battles. It seems like the campaign map decisions have become much less important than they once were.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Nov 2012, 14:13

Another sign of news, gaming and general activity slowing down: the official site has now started recycling news! :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Nov 2012, 19:27

Reruns are better than nothing at all I guess...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Nov 2012, 20:18

That reminds me that I need to start up a new round of RotC on the forum ... December 1st sounds good. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

gsandro1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby gsandro1 » 24 Nov 2012, 14:09

I still have not finished the campaign of the game, since I play at a very low pace (a couple of maps monthly). When I finish I plan to buy the expansions, since I am loyal follower. But the game is not as re-playable as before. Heroes VI is too simple and repeats it self a lot.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Nov 2012, 19:27

Still play Heroes III and IV sometimes and am seriously thinking of playing MM VI and VII again. But not any of the Ubi games. Just don't like them.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Nov 2012, 22:09

I do like the Ubi games. Nonetheless, the 3DO titles are way better. Yesterday I bought the Heroes Chronicles on GOG.COM. Never had them, until now. I gotta say, I like it! Also started playing MM6/7/8, 9 was crap (due to cirsomstances of course).
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby infael » 25 Nov 2012, 02:50

Not anymore. Have been unable to finish the last Sandor campaign. No matter what, I lose the final battle. I just got sick & tired of slogging through the entire map just to lose the final battle.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Mozared » 29 Nov 2012, 08:54

Not really, I guess. Still want to finish up the campaigns (played 4 of them through up to map 3, 4 or 5) but never seem to get around to it.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Blake » 03 Dec 2012, 02:57

"Yesterday I bought the Heroes Chronicles on GOG.COM. Never had them, until now. I gotta say, I like it!"

Yeah I got all the chronicles, took me a while to collect them all but I really enjoyed playing through them. I especially enjoyed the ones that allowed you play with the conflux race and battle all the super dragons as I felt like I hadn't got enough chances with Armageddon’s blade to really enjoy them. I’m also glad I played them as they gave the intro and story of Heroes 4 in particular the barbarian campaign much more meaning.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby ronus03 » 06 Dec 2012, 15:48

@Blake: I also bought the chronicles series from GoG, but mine crashes under startup. I'm using Win7 and starting it with win xp compatibility. Nothing seems to work. How did you do it?
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Blake » 07 Dec 2012, 10:35

Ahh I bought the original physical copies and played them back when I had XP. No idea about how they'd run now days on win7. All I can suggest is try compatibility mode and hassle the GoG people as they are supposed to make it compatible with modern machines!
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Dec 2012, 13:15

I run the game under W7 64 bit with no problems. I just downloaded the game from gog.com, and installed it.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 07 Dec 2012, 15:27

I still play Heroes 5 at times, mostly the original campaigns. I'm playing through Realag's campaign right now.

Heroes 3 I like to replay Sandro's campaign at times, but it doesn't run well on my computer, it randomly crashes at times, unless I boot off the windows XP drive, which is too much of a hassle most of the time for me.

I have a really hard time finishing Might and magic 6 or 7 anymore, nowadays I just bored of it before then most of the time, especially 7, which I usually get bored of before I can choose a path.

I've still refused to install Heroes 6, from all the bad things I've heard about it's DRM gone wrong & U-Don't-Play. Maybe one day I'll read through the guides here or something just to learn what the story was, but for now until the DRM is removed I refuse to play it.

Return to “News”