Do You Still Play?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Nov 2012, 21:07

Not much news these days, we're still waiting for the producers to release some kind of information about the Dungeon expansion to <i>Heroes VI</i> ... So I thought I'd ask you peeps a question I keep seeing on the official forum as well as our own:

Do you still play Heroes VI?

Of course, some of you never started. But those of you who did can now tell us about the game's replayability, which we have <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/812">criticized</a> in the past.

You can also have a look at our <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/88">list of reviews</a> in case you'd like to have a play with other games.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1352927268
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby DanTanna » 15 Nov 2012, 02:33

I still play. I'm playing all the maps in order and playing different factions.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Kelben » 15 Nov 2012, 05:53

I got a new PC (instead of a laptop) so I am considering returning to the game to finish the campaigns starting with: heaven m2, inferno m3 and orc m1 (the rest is done). Just right now, I enjoy mass effect 2, civ 5 with friends and soon darkfall 2 will come out.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Spin » 15 Nov 2012, 07:19

Not playing it much anymore, will reinstall soon enough though. I felt like I got my good money's worth in the game though. There was a good 30 hours in all the campaigns, then playing a lot of skirmish maps I would have gone to 40-50 hours, to me I felt I got my money's worth for the game, and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Re-playability is suffering a bit, but with the expansion it should hopefully revitalise it for me. It's very hard to get tonnes of re-playability on release, since after 2 expansions you usually have twice the game.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby hellegennes » 15 Nov 2012, 13:51

I started playing again after the release of 1.6 and continue to play it sporadically. However, I 'm waiting for the expansion to really get into it again.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Nov 2012, 14:22

Uninstalled some time ago, no plans for returning. No reason to play.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Ethric » 15 Nov 2012, 15:42

I never got around to playing in the first place, because of having to setup som dynasty-nonsene before I could start. Which is a bull**** "feature".
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Telumehtar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Telumehtar » 15 Nov 2012, 18:56

I play now and then, haven't finished the main campaign yet. But that says a lot for me, previous games (3-4 & 5) couldn't put down before finishing the campaigns.

If the game was as good as its now at release, I believe I would have finished it also. Somehow it made me lost the connection, forgot about the story and all...

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 16 Nov 2012, 08:56

Till the patch 1.7 I was playing in offline mod but now I am playing online the campaign in story order and to level my rank. My rank is still silver. Time to become platinum. Playing the campaign in story order has fun and you can't get bored playing the same faction till campaign ends.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Blake » 16 Nov 2012, 11:20

I played the first few missions at the release and left it at that.

Don't get me wrong I quite enjoyed it, however I prefer to play the Heroes games in their best possible condition eg final Plat/Ultimate edition with all addons and patches. Heroes 5 final was so much better than Heroes 5 release, I'm sure Heroes 6 will be the same.

For now I just load it up every 3 months to get all the updates and checkout any big changes.

@jigsaw2008 How do you work out the story order? Have they improved the campaign selection screen or are you just juggling 1 mission from each instead of staying in 1 campaign?
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 16 Nov 2012, 13:11

@jigsaw2008 How do you work out the story order? Have they improved the campaign selection screen or are you just juggling 1 mission from each instead of staying in 1 campaign?

No, they haven't improved anything. I've just been playing the campaigns in the order it is written on ubisoft forums. The link is the following : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/50 ... 3415bc400b.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Nov 2012, 17:07

Yes and no.

No:
My net connection was broken for a time, so I had time to play it but guess what, I couldn't fully enjoy game, because it needed internet connection to have all features (for which I paid). :P
And vanillia campaigns are boring, especially after you played these from DLCs.

Yes:
Instead I played Might and Magic 7/8 - 12 years after realease and and these games are still enjoyable.

Covenant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Covenant » 17 Nov 2012, 18:26

Still playing a bit - anyone know though how to re-set the online campaigns? I have done them all once and would like to start from begining again, but don't get how that works.

thx

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Nov 2012, 00:56

Btw... you know the news flow is slowing when the official site is asking for fan contributions ... I mean, that's the kind of thing we do! :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby LindaG » 18 Nov 2012, 01:27

Don't play online and don't play the 3-D versions (of Heroes of Might and Magic). Still play 3 & 4 though and this is always my come to place for maps. :o)

As for Might and Magic (confusing), I think I played VI once upon a time. Can't remember if I finished it. III was always my favorite. My oldest boy played VII and VIII (?) but I became disillusioned and stuck with Heroes of might and Magic 3 and 4.

If that doesn't make any sense, I blame my age. ;o)

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Do You Still Play?

Unread postby wimfrits » 18 Nov 2012, 07:41

I'm still working my way slowly through the official campaigns; playing Sandor currently. H6 is the only game I play these days but I have precious little gaming time.

To me, H6 is a good attempt to fixing a lot of fundamental flaws of the Heroes series. If not for the embarassing amount of bugs I might well consider it the best of the series.
Covenant wrote:anyone know though how to re-set the online campaigns?
Can't you just start the first map of a campaign to reset it?
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

jeff

Re: Do You Still Play?

Unread postby jeff » 18 Nov 2012, 16:11

wimfrits wrote: To me, H6 is a good attempt to fixing a lot of fundamental flaws of the Heroes series. If not for the embarassing amount of bugs I might well consider it the best of the series.
Sacrilege, Ok I'm kidding; you're one of the ones whose opinions on Heroes I trust. Sorry you are not playing IV anymore. ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Nov 2012, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Rosensmart
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Rosensmart » 18 Nov 2012, 16:39

I still play. Campaigns and wit my freinds in hotseat... Love the game
"People will think, what I tell then to think, when you tell me, what to tell them to think"(Homer Simpson)

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby Torur » 19 Nov 2012, 14:19

The game bores me to tears... I've tried several times to go through the campaigns, but everytime after 10-15 minutes of play, I just want to quit and play something else. The game is just simply boring IMO.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
"George S. Patton, Jr."

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Do You Still Play?

Unread postby ronus03 » 19 Nov 2012, 16:56

Stopped playing after completing Danse Macabre. The game is fun, but the fun is limited by:

1) Too few factions.

2) Skills should be more faction specific.

3) No simultaneous turns

4) Spells should be more powerful in late game play.

5) Too much Cat N' Mouse play on large maps. It gets tedious after a while.

Until then, my attention will be focused on Torchlight 2! :D
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

Return to “News”