Poll: The Expansion

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Oct 2012, 23:00

I recently set up a poll about the DLC <i>Danse Macabre</i>, but had the wind taken out of my sails soon after with the announcement of the expansion. Our current poll, then (on the left side of the screen), is: <b>Will you buy the expansion?</b> Yes or no are the obvious choices, but you can also put down a "maybe" if you want to wait until you have more info, about the price and so on, before you decide.

On a related note... The expansion doesn't have a <i>name</i> yet. What should it be called? <b>Make your suggestions here!</b>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1349823628
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DanTanna » 09 Oct 2012, 23:28

I've come this far. Might as well get the expansion too. I hope the Academy is next!

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 09 Oct 2012, 23:46

maybe by the time the expansion comes out the game will be in a state of playability that it should have been in when it launched.... a year and a half after the fact. either way I probably won't be interested. too little, too late.

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 10 Oct 2012, 01:26

I preordered H6 because I wanted to get my hands on the editor as fast as possible. The Editor was Ok although freakingly bad documented, but the game itself somewho didn't won me over. Given that I have not finished H6 campaigns until now and hardly played it for months, I will wait until some reviews arive for the addon. If the reviews don't give me the impression that the addon brings something really new and interesting to the game I am unlikely to buy it at release price.

"I hope the Academy is next!"

I would like ubisoft to communicate NOW which Faction(s) (if there will be further factions at all) besides Dark Elves they plan to add to the game. Are we really expected to get excited with every Addon if it might bring back one of the old factions? Is that what marketing guys at Ubisoft think? Then I would like to proclaim very clearly that this kind of secrecy does not build up excitement for your future products with me but simply adds to the current frustration. Those of us with a strong preference for Elves/Academy/Dwarfs are uncomfortable since the game was announced with the current selection of factions. I am really annoyed and tired to wait and see if Ubisoft will make a clear Statement concerning the missing Factions.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 10 Oct 2012, 04:18

Was hard for me to chose becuase I will buy the addon but not until it is released in a complete/ultimate/Platinum edition. So they'll get my money eventually but just not for a stand alone addon pack.

I did the same thing with heroes 5, I pre-ordered the collectors edition with all the goodies, but then ignored all the addons and waited 2 years until the gold edition which had everything in one came out.

Buying the game twice may seem like a waste of money but generally the gold/plat editions end up cheap in bargain bins and ebay etc so you spend a lot less in the long run than if you were buying each DLC and addon seperately. Most games I ONLY buy the gold edition but with HoMM I normally can't resist the initial collectors edition lol!

And yeah this is great news but there better be a Wizard addon coming in the future too!
Edited on Wed, Oct 10 2012, 00:19 by Blake
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayno » 10 Oct 2012, 11:41

I usually buy all expasnions/addons/DLC if I like a game but I won't do it for a game that was released in Beta version, that would be rewarding them for screwing me over and I won't do that.

On the positive side: I do like the way the game has improved since the new developer has taken over

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 10 Oct 2012, 13:54

i think it could be called Rise Of The Darkness

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 10 Oct 2012, 14:10

I will most probably buy the expansion pack, but I am waiting for more information on its contents.

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blueman » 10 Oct 2012, 18:47

I'll buy it if it contains:

1. LAN MP

2. Simultaneous turns (H5-like)

3. RMG

Limbic is doing a good-enough work to keep H6 afloat, but is the "puppet master" interested in adding such features?

I would call it "Path of the unforgiven"

jigsaw2008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jigsaw2008 » 11 Oct 2012, 17:14

I'll buy the expansion pack because I believe that it will be more playable and balanced. I think the developers are experienced enough to do the job well after all the work they have done patching the game. As for the title I don't know. Those who know better the history of the game and have the access on some of its contents may make suggestions.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Oct 2012, 21:52

What if we named the expansion "Call of the Dark Caverns"? Now that's pretty creative on my part. :)
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Oct 2012, 00:28

These are good names -I'll pass them on to the dev team. Any more title suggestions? Maybe focus on the campaign story?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Poll: The Expansion

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 18 Oct 2012, 03:24

Kalah wrote:Any more title suggestions?
If the faction is like H5, how about "Ecclipse of the Boobs"?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Oct 2012, 06:18

Yah, I was thinking about serious suggestions.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Oct 2012, 12:17

How are we supposed to come up with a suitable name if we don't know what the campaign's story is?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Oct 2012, 14:00

It's the Dungeon. Make a guess. :P

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 20 Oct 2012, 10:32

Dark Rights.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Oct 2012, 15:00

If we don't mind shamelessly stealing from QfG, a variation of "Shadows of Darkness" might be quite a good one. Considering the story is likely to have to do with the dark dragon, it might be called something like: "The Shadow and The Darkness".

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Oct 2012, 17:38

Bone Sages. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Oct 2012, 12:35

The Coming of Shadows :P

Return to “News”