An Update to the Layout

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

An Update to the Layout

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Apr 2006, 14:50

The recent increase in traffic caused some problems with the server. The integration between the news section and the forums, a temporary solution until an upcoming redesign, as well as the arrival of <a href="/http://jaskinia.celestialheavens.com/">The Behemoth's Lair</a> required more CPU power than we expected. In order to avoid the short outages that happened a couple of times since Thursday, I removed the dynamic content at the top of the main page. The comment, maptesting and map windows were less useful anyway because of the shortage in maps and the rate at which comments are posted, and I know some people will appreciate not having to scroll down to read the latest news. The Picture of the Day, on the other hand, is a popular feature that I might reproduce in the news section temporarily. We will be working with our host to resolve those issues as soon as possible. Thank you.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1145112611
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

whitelynx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

An Update to the Layout

Unread postby whitelynx » 15 Apr 2006, 17:28

thks for the quick update of what was going on, I thought my computer had messed up on me again :o) i really enjoy coming to this site to keep track of my heroes keep up the good work

Pol
Admin
Admin

An Update to the Layout

Unread postby Pol » 16 Apr 2006, 15:45

But problem persisted....

(Wow, I wasn't able to write any comments from forums as I always bump in 20% quota, thankfully main site is still fighting well...)
Edited on Sun, Apr 16 2006, 09:47 by Pol
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Apr 2006, 23:54

Protecyon found what is likely to be the source of the problem. We're working on it! :)

anakha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

An Update to the Layout

Unread postby anakha » 17 Apr 2006, 09:17

good luck

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

An Update to the Layout

Unread postby Koni » 17 Apr 2006, 21:34

And where will the maptesting section go? Will it disappear, or to be found in features soon?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

An Update to the Layout

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Apr 2006, 00:54

The maptesting section will come back in another forum eventually. But I will keep mentioning any map that might require testing in the news.

The POTD and the headlines are back. Please let us know if you see the CPU Quota error again, as the problem is about to be resolved.

Return to “News”