Are You a Twit?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2012, 21:34

Ubisoft have announced a <a href="/http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... 2">Twitter contest</a> on their official page, giving out prizes such as <i>Heroes 6</i> keys, <i>Clash of Heroes</i> keys, exclusive litho, <i>Might & Magic</i> T-shirts etc. every Wednesday.

Do you Tweet at all?

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1346276052
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 29 Aug 2012, 22:06

I think gaming communities need to find other ways of interacting with each other, not with facebooks or twitters, this is, in MY OPINION, lame, social networks used for gaming stuff do not sound real, even though it is perhaps the most easy way to "share stuff"..
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Aug 2012, 01:33

An official Web site isn't enough anymore, especially considering the current state of the fan community. They have to live with the times. I think they do quite a decent job feeding Facebook and Twitter with content, if you're willing to register to those services.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Aug 2012, 07:30

Nope. I'm not on Facebook, not on Twitter, not even on Google+. I find them to be a waste of time, and rather stick to e-mail and Google Reader.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Aug 2012, 09:06

I'm not on Twitter either, or Facebook for that matter, and I don't like that the producers are using such channels for information release rather than an official site. More to the point: I don't like having to browse all of them for updates. One place should be enough.

From a commercial/PR point of view, though, it's completely understandable that they want to spread their news to as many arenas as possible.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

YoshMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby YoshMaster » 30 Aug 2012, 09:46

I'm a little on Facebook but Twitter wow, I NEVER understood why people even like this stuff???

YoshMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby YoshMaster » 30 Aug 2012, 09:48

By the way, I work for a web company and let me tell you this.. MOST company's twitter and facebook accounts are not even made/used/updated by the real company!! For exemple, we get paid like crazy to keep lots of companies' Twit/FC... This is pure marketing. You should never encourage any facebook pages of companies.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Aug 2012, 10:57

I guess Twitter is good for one thing: quick-releases if you're someone important with something important to say ...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby hellegennes » 30 Aug 2012, 12:34

Sorry to say it this way, but if you're not on either facebook or twitter, then you're over 35 or close to that age. This is not meant to belittle you; it just means you are over an age that you care for such gimmicky stuff.

Companies use FB and Twitter because of how they work as networks. Information within these channels travels much faster and to a much wider audience than what would through a simple site. It's not about keeping up with the trends, it's about commercial reach. Plus, their target audience resides there.

I am not big on either FB or Twitter, though I have an account on both.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Are You a Twit?

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Aug 2012, 14:27

hellegennes wrote:>Sorry to say it this way, but if you're not on either facebook or twitter, then you're over 35 or close to that age.
Missed by a long shot!

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby hellegennes » 30 Aug 2012, 16:56

"Probably over 35", was what I wanted to say.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Aug 2012, 20:16

I'm 31. But I have the mental age of a 60-year-old.
"Git off my lawn, ye damn kids!" :D

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Aug 2012, 20:54

Kalah wrote:"Git off my lawn, ye damn kids!" :D
Nothing makes me want to go postal more than a couple of ill-mannered punk children playing on my lawn! I didn't know Europeans also deeply considered the well being of their grass... 8|

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Are You a Twit?

Unread postby Artas1984 » 01 Sep 2012, 17:46

I am 28, i have recently deleted my FB account! FB had only 1 purpose in my life - to find my old school friends, contact them and perhaps meet again. I did not find them, so there was nothing left to do in FB.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Return to “News”