The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2006, 10:44

That happened to me only once. Of course i started to close all other programs when playing after that. Might be because something is overworked.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 Apr 2006, 15:32

dark raider wrote:once again I wan't to complain over the balance differences in the game... today I had the biggest army ever... 500 succubus 800 horned overseers, 160 pit lords, 168 nightmares, 208 cebereius, and 80 devils... know what I want to complain over is that he had 1k of marksmen...and he took about 15 of my 80 devils in 1 shoot???? what.. it's a level 2 creature agains a level 7 and he can take so many... and i even had expert defence with evasion and some other things to... that is not cool if a level 2 creature is able to kill a level 7 creature just like that..
What were the hero stats? What was the range? 1000 marksmen, particularly at close range, where their specialty kicks in, can do tremendous amounts of damage. But even if they only did 2 damage each, that's 2000 damage, which will kill a dozen of almost any level 7.

Or are you just annoyed that teh enemy had a force comparable to yours? :devious:

breaker581
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby breaker581 » 18 Apr 2006, 19:11

I had no problems downloading, it actually went rather fast (about an hour). I unzipped the file fine, but the problem I'm having is when I run the installshield wizard. It never makes it past the "reading contents of package" screen. The progress bar makes it to the end, goes to a new progress bar screen and I eventually get the "not responding" message. Has anyone run across this?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Apr 2006, 19:47

Try shutting down as many other programs as possible- that helped me.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Apr 2006, 22:59

It's 'cause your computers suck... :P
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “News”