The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Apr 2006, 18:28

dark raider wrote:NNOOOOO....I think it is a graat demo..BUT it pisses me off when it **** up my gameplay with small errors in the game...ex. i finally was aple to kill the haven army in the custom map..i had a really big army my self... and i just needed to by my reinforcements from the castle.... but I found out that somehow the game "had made my supplies freeze" i didn't get any resources from my mines in any turns...WHAT THE F*** is going on...
There's an "Week of" that has that effect. As you've noted, it's terribly annoying.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 15 Apr 2006, 22:05

once again I wan't to complain over the balance differences in the game... today I had the biggest army ever... 500 succubus 800 horned overseers, 160 pit lords, 168 nightmares, 208 cebereius, and 80 devils... know what I want to complain over is that he had 1k of marksmen...and he took about 15 of my 80 devils in 1 shoot???? what.. it's a level 2 creature agains a level 7 and he can take so many... and i even had expert defence with evasion and some other things to... that is not cool if a level 2 creature is able to kill a level 7 creature just like that..

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 16 Apr 2006, 00:19

Unfortunately, my graphics card does not seem to support the game. The game loads, but the video jumps and is all skewed. *sigh* I guess I'll have to wait a few years until I can afford a new laptop.

:|

If anyone wants to compare, I have a Dell Inspiron 8200. NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go with 64 Megs of Ram.

Denair
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Denair » 16 Apr 2006, 00:40

So, any mods to make us able to play hotseat on this demo yet? ~_^

Xander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xander » 16 Apr 2006, 02:56

This demo was awesome :D

erezso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby erezso » 16 Apr 2006, 06:26

I have problems moving armies/artifacts/heroes from slot to slot. I have to try at least a dozen times before anything happens. Does anyone else have this problem? or the cure?

namackay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby namackay » 16 Apr 2006, 06:43

erezso: I had this problem, too, but I think I solved it. You cannot move the icons so that they cover the space you want them in. Instead, you must make it so the the little triangle in the upper left is centered in the middle of the vacant slot. Does that help?

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 16 Apr 2006, 06:51

The demo is awesome, I feel that the times has come again when with my friends we played H3 through out the nights together.

Anyone knows the release date exactly??

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 16 Apr 2006, 08:34

I think it´s 16.5. Here´s btw the officail movie #2. :)

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 16 Apr 2006, 18:51

The minimum requirements for the game is still the same as in the beta, I wondered about that because Nival promised if I remember well that the betas minimum system requirements wil be lower in the final full game, almost half in every segmens of the reqs. I hope that they will keep their promise and push the sys. req. to a lower level, like 256 memory ram, 64 ram video card 1,4 gb processor etc. After all in my case the game goes fine, cery well with an Amd 2800 +, Ati 9600 XT 256 ram, 1 GB hynix ram.

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 16 Apr 2006, 22:59

I do not think they will lover the requirements. They would have to decrease visual quality of the game if they decided to do that.

mariulka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mariulka » 17 Apr 2006, 02:56

i hope that computer will play smart game,just like in heroesIII and not like in heroes IV.This is what makes game cool.Heroes IV was a cool looking in comparison with III,but there you could find no spirit of game.I Like V so far,i think guys did an awesome job,i hope they will fix some things and we will have best heroes ever.
Edited on Sun, Apr 16 2006, 20:57 by mariulka

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Apr 2006, 06:18

Eternor wrote:I do not think they will lover the requirements. They would have to decrease visual quality of the game if they decided to do that.
You don't get his point: When the beta arrived, we were told that since the game wasn't optimized yet, the requirements were somewhat higher than they would be for the final game. Now, judging by the reports from various people, the demo is in fact somewhat easier on the computer than the demo used to be, so it's quite likely that Ubisoft either a) forgot to update the requirements, or b) didn't bother for some reason.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 17 Apr 2006, 07:54

The game s very awesome . a little bit same as Heroes3 in 3d but with a few things from Heroes4 (heroe management) and with few new things like abilities, new spells new buliding system etc.

So I like this new one too , I hope it will tke bacvk the old Heroies 3 times when with my friends we played through the whole day.

Just lower sys. req. should be fine I think because they promised and the Heroes series always known as a low req. game.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 17 Apr 2006, 13:44

demo is very nice. I do miss the caravan too. I had absolutely no trouble with install or performance and everything is at max settings.

I've a Dell Dimension 4550 with XP Pro SP2, 1GB memory. I do not remember what my vid card is but I bought it new last November. It has 512MB RAM and needs to be plugged into the power supply.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 17 Apr 2006, 16:55

Someone help, i cant unzip the .exe file! :((

ThunderTitan you had this problem, howd you solve it?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Apr 2006, 16:59

After a whole night of downloading, I said screw it and searched for it on a p2p program. It took 15 min to get it. :D

Sorry. ;|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

lowsys
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lowsys » 18 Apr 2006, 06:40

I played for few days and there is one thing i cannot do. I didn't find the way to split one type of creatures to different slots. It could be useful when you have few mana point and trying summon creatures from a city

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 18 Apr 2006, 07:18

lowsys wrote:I didn't find the way to split one type of creatures to different slots.
The same as since heroes 2: hold down "shift" and drag and drop.

El Cid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby El Cid » 18 Apr 2006, 07:32

I have same problem what Dragonn has. Just duel modes are working. Game quits during loading of single player maps.

Duel modes are working well.

Return to “News”