The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aldose
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aldose » 15 Apr 2006, 01:18

Cette DEMO fonctionne à merveille! Tout à fond mais quelque lag quand même. AMD X2/4200 - 1Go DDR - 7900GT. En tout cas je suis conquis par ce nouvel opus. Donc Ubisoft peut compter sur moi pour leur prendre la version collector!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 01:42

I'm glad ur happy with it, but how about some english? Or posting in the foreign language thread? viewtopic.php?t=1039&start=135
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Apr 2006, 03:55

@Dark Raider

I experienced the same thing recently. I was discouraged to see my Archdevils cut down so qucikly. Didn't help the computer always seemed to roll maximum luck on every angel attack. >.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JessieLC » 15 Apr 2006, 03:58

Having played the complete Heroes Series from HOMMI-HOMMIV, We have throughly enjoyed the Demo. I can see alot of HOMMIII here but as Jolly Joker says it does play as its own. Still has some bugs, not able to clickon a heroe to see what she /he is carrying or able to see some camera angles but all in all its is going to be a fun game!

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 15 Apr 2006, 07:25

@grumpy_dwarf

What is your graphic card?
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 15 Apr 2006, 07:33

Also the spectral dragons.... I think I read somewhere that most melee attacks on this dragon was most likly to miss...I thought that would be cool if it was like that ( it is a ghost after all) but all my attacks on the dragon went in....hmmm I think the spectral dragon has become very weak in this game....It got a very cool look though.

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 15 Apr 2006, 07:38

@ thunderTitan - it is tru what you are saying... I too think it is cool thaht they have gone back to the original with the one heroe per army.. and thaht you cannot take your army out of the castle.... but I still would wish that they would make a caravan for the many dwellings that are around the map...because you don't have time to run around those dwellings all the time and they are not upgraded so you can't use the dwellings anymore if you have upgraded the creatures in your army... unless you get a caravan to get them home to your castle..

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Apr 2006, 08:37

dark raider wrote:Also the spectral dragons.... I think I read somewhere that most melee attacks on this dragon was most likly to miss...I thought that would be cool if it was like that ( it is a ghost after all) but all my attacks on the dragon went in....hmmm I think the spectral dragon has become very weak in this game....It got a very cool look though.
Cool? No. Freaking frustrating is more like it. Imagine fighting a big stacks and loosing because your first three or four attacks failed to to a 50% chance...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Apr 2006, 09:01

For me the game runs smooth even with AA and AF on 2x. It lags only abit when I rotate the camera almost off the map.

The camera rotations is great both on the A map and in the town screen. But in battle you shopuld be able to rotate all around the field.

There some creature icons that arent fully corrected in the demo. Some serious color changes have been made for necro, now they are mostly greenish in eye and outfit color, the spectres are now trasnsparent white instead of oozing green =D

Its a great game for sure, looking forward to play it in its fullest glory!!

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 15 Apr 2006, 09:25

The game is... It's GREAT! I really like it. Though in human campraign I conquered Demon town and after one week it said to me You Lost, and the goal is to capture any 1 town within a week!? But the game is great. I love it.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

kentjn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kentjn » 15 Apr 2006, 11:26

@Malicen: I have the same problem. Game ends after 1 week whether I've captured the town or not. Does any1 know why - and what to do?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 11:40

You also have to free Isabel from the prison behind the Pit Fiends on the right of the town.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

kentjn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kentjn » 15 Apr 2006, 11:57

@Malicen & Myself: OK - I figured it out. U need to rescue Isabell in the first week too (she is in the prison just above the castle)

silercas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silercas » 15 Apr 2006, 14:43

Works great! Requirements: Latest version of DirectX. Cool graphics, great sound... It seems to be a really good game. (the units upgrades are back!!!) ;)

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 15 Apr 2006, 15:18

NNOOOOO....I think it is a graat demo..BUT it pisses me off when it **** up my gameplay with small errors in the game...ex. i finally was aple to kill the haven army in the custom map..i had a really big army my self... and i just needed to by my reinforcements from the castle.... but I found out that somehow the game "had made my supplies freeze" i didn't get any resources from my mines in any turns...WHAT THE F*** is going on...

silercas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silercas » 15 Apr 2006, 15:31

Got to check that!!! :(

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 15 Apr 2006, 16:33

Anyone else *not* able to save a game? Every time I go to save, it crashes on me :( hard to make it anywhere in the camp. if I cant save :(

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Apr 2006, 16:53

Falsted wrote:Anyone else *not* able to save a game? Every time I go to save, it crashes on me :( hard to make it anywhere in the camp. if I cant save :(
Gotta be something with your computer, I can save just fine.
Try to tune down your graphic settings maybe that helps or fixes some weird unknown causes to this anti save error.

richw01
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby richw01 » 15 Apr 2006, 17:44

I'm not sure if this has already been stated but I just played the demo and my knight hero was still able to do his Charge attack on creatures behind the city walls. This is very unrealisitic. I can see my griffons flying over the wall and attacking but my horse bound hero should remain tied to the same rules my other "ground" troops are held to when fighting for a city.
Edited on Sat, Apr 15 2006, 15:55 by richw01

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 15 Apr 2006, 17:48

@Falsted: ...or have you tried quick save `F6`? Or switching autosave on from the options-menu? :/
Edited on Sat, Apr 15 2006, 11:49 by JoniJM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

Return to “News”