The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 14 Apr 2006, 11:12

Do you have the newest version of graphic card drivers? My singleplayer game crashed yesturday right to the beginning, but after upgrade it worked fine..

EDIT: http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest here´s a linkto test your system requirements (select Heroes V Beta), then analyze and pay attention to the upgrade-suggestion (there will be proper links if that´s necessary). I hope you can fix the problem, but if not, there´s only a month left of waiting!:P
Edited on Fri, Apr 14 2006, 05:16 by JoniJM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 14 Apr 2006, 12:19

@ JoniJM

Can I ask you what is your graphic card and driver?

I think the problem is that GF2 can handle pixel shaders...
Edited on Fri, Apr 14 2006, 06:36 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 14 Apr 2006, 12:59

@Dragonn: Of course! I have Radeon 9000 Atlantis Pro (RAM 128, Vertex Shader Ver.: 1.1, Pixel Shader Ver.: 1.4). Driver version number is: 6.14.10.6606 (ATI Catalyst v6.4)
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 14 Apr 2006, 14:16

crash crash crash -- and the various beta versions worked just fine...

kentjn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kentjn » 14 Apr 2006, 14:35

Must say the game has been optimized well. It runs fine on my Barton 2500+ with 512 Ram and 128 Gfx. Still a bit unhappy about the build screen. Does anyone know if this has changed in the final version (I think I read something about that)?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Apr 2006, 15:13

They made it vertical in the demo. I belive that's about it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 14 Apr 2006, 15:13

After playing a couple of duels I'm a bit disapointed. The game is terribly unbalanced. Units such as Paladin or Hunter are anihilaiting most of the units with just one attack! And argh!!! why've they kept those stupid Unicorn colours. I want the first version of them: Silver one with flowers - upg. Orange one with feathers...
Edited on Fri, Apr 14 2006, 09:14 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

mariulka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mariulka » 14 Apr 2006, 16:55

is it possible to play demo with: NVIDIA 64MB DDR GeForce3 Ti 200 (Dell) (GeForce3 Ti 200)

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 14 Apr 2006, 17:24

Downloaded it tryed it played through both the campaigs and the custom map. A huge improvement from the beta that i must say. But still it's heroes 3 ;=) Going back to equilibris mod ;=)

Mixxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mixxx » 14 Apr 2006, 17:29

I launched a game other day and something came up..... ""0x7c913c98 refferenced to 0x00000000 "The memory could not be read""....... does anyone know what I am supose to do?

I have the requirment for the game

Mixxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mixxx » 14 Apr 2006, 17:30

Damn Ubi, they are always ****ing things up with heroes 5. It is supose to be a demo from the orginal game, but its still crashing.....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Apr 2006, 17:43

It's version 0.9. So it's not even gone gold.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Apr 2006, 19:09

Mixxx wrote:I launched a game other day and something came up..... ""0x7c913c98 refferenced to 0x00000000 "The memory could not be read""....... does anyone know what I am supose to do?
Have you tried asking at the Ubi Forums? There might be some people from Ubisoft there that could explain what's wrong.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Mixxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mixxx » 14 Apr 2006, 19:23

thanx Gaidal Cain

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 14 Apr 2006, 23:05

FWIW - my 100 % crash crash crash went away after turning VPU recover (on my video card) off and changing graphics from 'very low' to 'normal'...

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 14 Apr 2006, 23:10

I must say I like the demo... inferno is a cool faction...there are somethings I find is wrong or missing with the game...

1. I miss the caravan function already...because with all those cool dwellings around the map.. I don't have the time to run around and visit them all the time...I wish one could send with a caravan to the castle.

2. I think tha there are some serious balance issues that should be fixed... I had about 40 pit fiends (upgraded) and 10 devils ( also upgraded) and i was up against a haven army and it was insane big...but only one thing in that army wich I thing is to much is that he had 15 arch angels... and he took about 20 of my pit fiends in one attack.??? is there so big a difference in a level four and 5 creature... anyway...my 10 devils took about 5 of his angels and then his 10 angels took 8 of my arch devils??? 8!!! is the angel that much stronger than the devil??? serious,, i think there is some balance issues that needs to be looked at....

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 14 Apr 2006, 23:14

oh and one more thing.... what is with the devils??? why can't they move anywhere anymore.....suddently they have lost their abillity to teleport all over the place??? that sucks... instead the paladins can ride from one side of the battlefield to the other in one move...but the devils can't???? hmmm

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 14 Apr 2006, 23:41

When Godric released Isabel from the jail, the game would not allow her to be in Godric's army. Is homm-5 not going to allow more than one hero in an army? and why can't my castle army leave the castle to join me? Why do I have to go all the way back to the castle to pick up my build-up army that I already purchased? If I buy them they should be able to leave the castle without the Hero, shouldn't they? BTW, the cut-scene when Godric freed Isabel was fantastic I thought.. Well I hope they fix the two things I mentioned..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 15 Apr 2006, 00:14

@addicted Don't count on it. Those features were normal before homm4, and it's well known that they wanted to make it more like homm3, these are some of them. I'm glad actually, never liked the homm4 way. Also you'll notice the creatures only spawn once a week, ins tead of every day a bit.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 00:45

@addicted:

Sorry, it's back to one hero per army. But you can summon the troops from ur castle using a spell! Just open ur spellbook and it should be there (if you have a mage guild that is).

Return to “News”