The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 14 Apr 2006, 01:34

That's a shame.

Kronos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kronos » 14 Apr 2006, 01:58

less than 10 minutes remain, and although its 4 o clock in da morning in slovakia right now, this keeps me awake ;)
Edited on Thu, Apr 13 2006, 20:00 by Kronos

Salisa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salisa » 14 Apr 2006, 02:21

plz why won't my gating creatures gate? The gate button is highlighted I press it , I get a gating confirmation then they skip their turn EVERY time.. they've not gated once in combat--- whats the magic key enter and space result in missed turns readme says nothing about hot key for gating

I'm afraid I think the music in this ver is rather terrible

I want a totally free camera not one that is stuck between 80 and 45 degree's only this is 3d and I want 0 - 90 degree's on solo I like to look around and drool at your graphic's but you won't let me shades of etherlords >< grrr

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 14 Apr 2006, 03:04

It's such an improvement on the beta (as it should be obviously) but I wasnt expecting it to be as good as it is. And the battlefield size, pure gold.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 14 Apr 2006, 03:11

I was so glad I was able to download the demo even if it did take me almost an hour with high speed cable internet (which was a shock for download time for high speed cable). Outside of viewing the beautiful graphics on this web site, I have to admit once I actually got to see the game in action I was a little shocked with the format. My son explained to me it was because the demo is playing in 3-D mode, which I guess I have never seen before. I was so used to the format of the previous homm's and enjoyed seeing the scenery at ground level sort to speak.. I don’t know if I can get used to looking down from the sky view type of thing… but before I can judge the game too much, I will have to give it time to get use to the new format. Oh I guess the format is however similar to the last M&M game, isn’t it. hmmm Well anyway, I can say however I love the battle scenes, they are really cool. I am playing with image quality at high. 1024 x 768 Resolution; I haven’t had any problems with it so far. If I do, I will let you know. As you can tell, I am no computer buff so I don’t know much about 2-D, 3-D graphics and that type of thing but I do like the 'view' format the former homm games had. I just love the Homm and M&M series and these are about the only games I play! My system is: Windows XP 512MB; AMD Athlon X 2500+ with MMX 1.8GHz; Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT Video Card 256MB. Well that’s my 2 cents worth. Thanx for letting me voice my opinion.

Addicted (aka Granny)
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

mariulka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mariulka » 14 Apr 2006, 03:35

Guys help me.I downloaded demo instalation went great,but when i click on the icon to play the game it says the application has failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. what should i do .
Edited on Thu, Apr 13 2006, 21:36 by mariulka

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 14 Apr 2006, 04:03

mariulka, Did you do a 'search' on your computer to see if your computer has this file?

When I checked my computer for the d3d9.dll file, it shows it listed as a windows file, like mine is listed under windows\system32 and windows\servepackfiles\i386 so maybe it is a windows file and not a file that came with the demo.. I don't know much about computers but that would be my guess..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

mariulka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mariulka » 14 Apr 2006, 04:21

you are right,it is a windows file ,but what should i do about it.or what would you do

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Apr 2006, 04:22

The demo is pretty sweet. I can run it on a 1024 x 768 resolution with medium graphics just fine on a Pentium M 1.8 Vaio laptop, with 1 gig of ram. ( I don't know my graphics processor). The only thing I have found strange about the demo is a small point: the shadow dragons no longer have the incorporal ability from what I've noticed. I don't know if that was addressed elsewhere, but I thought I would mention it.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

DeathsHand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DeathsHand » 14 Apr 2006, 07:16

It runs pretty on 1280x1024 with high settings on my rig. Pentium D 3.2 ghz, 2 gig ram and 2x 7800 Gt

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 14 Apr 2006, 07:22

d3d9 is a directx9 file, you need a recent version.

Demo looks so much better than beta (obviously). I'm glad i ordered the special edition

I agree with salisa, i want a fully free camera. I want to be able to see all around with just my mouse.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Apr 2006, 07:58

Cr4p on a stick! I d/l the zip file from Gamershell and now I can't unzip it. And it's just the .exe that won't unzip, the .txt and .url files unzip just fine.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 14 Apr 2006, 08:09

I don't get it... I know that I have a very old comp, but the developers said that the game will run on older machines without problem. And what I see is that the game has enormous requirements! Many people have older machines and 2,0 Ghz or Radeon 8500 are not the "minimum" nowadays...
Edited on Fri, Apr 14 2006, 02:09 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Apr 2006, 08:21

Salisa wrote:plz why won't my gating creatures gate? The gate button is highlighted I press it , I get a gating confirmation then they skip their turn EVERY time.. they've not gated once in combat--- whats the magic key enter and space result in missed turns readme says nothing about hot key for gating
If gating works as it did in the Beta (I'm currently at my parents so I can't test the demo for a couple of days), the the gated creatures will arrive the next time the gating creatures have their turn. Try prolonging the battle if you can and see if they arrive.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Edswor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Edswor » 14 Apr 2006, 08:31

Gaidal Cain, my units gates perfectly.

Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anthriel » 14 Apr 2006, 08:56

@HodgePodge: Awesome. Oo Guess I will get the game after all.

Oddly enough, I'm now found of a lot of the changes that I didn't like at all in the beta. Jolly Joker's promotion was one of the best things that could happen to the game.

schaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schaf » 14 Apr 2006, 09:19

Dragonn, gfx card must support shaderes i believe, gf2mx definately does not, sorry but you have to agree it's way to old and to expect that new gen games full of bumb mapping, pixel and vertex shaders will run even on minimum settings is pretty optimistic. If you are a gamer, you should think about upgrading.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Demo is Out! The Demo is Out!

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Apr 2006, 09:23

Edswor wrote:Gaidal Cain, my units gates perfectly.
Problem is that I have no idea of how it should work right now. THat's why I wrote "if it works as it did...".

Oh, and you should have a PM waiting for you.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Apr 2006, 10:55

Yup, that's how the Gating appears to work. Thank you p2p.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 14 Apr 2006, 11:06

Hee Hee Hee the multiplayer Duel works on my computer!? So why does singleplayer not? Any ideas?
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Return to “News”