Play with the Devs Video

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Feb 2012, 14:54

A youtube video from the "<a href="/http://www.facebook.com/events/251441474917142/">Play with the Devs</a>" event has been put up on the Facebook page - a battle between rexXVII and Samantha (M&M World Continuity Manager).

<center><iframe width="450" height="259" src="/http://www.youtube.com/embed/6x4sHxnN9iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1328367249
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Feb 2012, 22:55

Yup, I still hate the squares BF...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby hellegennes » 05 Feb 2012, 00:45

Oh, dear God! This is is awfully slow! Neither player knows how to play, also.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 05 Feb 2012, 09:51

ThunderTitan wrote:Yup, I still hate the squares BF...
Don't worry. Ubi have a lot of "innovations" ahead of them. I bet you never played on triangles ;)
hellegennes wrote:Oh, dear God! This is is awfully slow! Neither player knows how to play, also.
Choose your opponent wisely :creative: Especially if your battle will go to youtube. :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Feb 2012, 17:09

So, the message you guys want to convey to the devs is that, playing-wise, at least ... "you guys suck!" ? :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Feb 2012, 18:07

Maaaaan, this one was PAINFUL to watch. Both players didn't know how to arrange their troops etc. etc. 8| The Inferno [layer didn't won with any skills, it's just that Haven suxx big time, but still, the arrangement of the troops... dear God!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Feb 2012, 19:18

Might Haven hero (Ubi) with weak army vs Inferno Magic Hero (Rexx the Hero) with Inferno setup.

So, if that would be, considering the very same armies, Might vs Might hero. Inferno could wipe the opposition within five rounds. Being a magical hero, we needed to wait much longer.

Resolution?
Haven doesn't triumphed, so there's nothing spectacular, unexpected, enjoyable and worthy to learn. The sole reason why we do watch it, is, because it's played with dev. Quite a very little.

Bring some masterpiece!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Arabmoney
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby Arabmoney » 05 Feb 2012, 20:48

Haven will undoubtedly get buffed, however i hope that they dont just crazy buff sun riders, I don't want them to be like paladins in heroes 5 which could just wipe some stack right at the start of the duel by charging across the entire duel map, imagine that + haven racial to stop the sun riders getting screwed over once they get out of the safety of the rest of haven army.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby hellegennes » 05 Feb 2012, 23:28

What are you guys talking about? Heaven is not the best faction, but still it's way better than Inferno, which has no healing capabilities whatsoever. In H6, healing has become so important that inferno totally sucks for not having it. Heaven has heal, mass heal, sister heal, celestial heal, guardian angel heal. Inferno has... hum... nothing. They have little defence and awful units. Lacerator dies for nothing, Breeder is the only elite unit with half range... to sum up, inferno is the worse faction by far.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Feb 2012, 07:32

Doesn't Gating (free creatures) make up for the lack of heal?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

intipacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby intipacha » 06 Feb 2012, 08:13

@Dalai

triangles would be so much more correct than squares!

actually almost equivalent to hexes :)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby hellegennes » 06 Feb 2012, 10:17

@ΤΤ: Not at all. Because, a) all you have to do is kill the original stack and b) the gate can be smashed before materialisation, even if you hit it in the end of the current turn. Except, of course, for Gating IV, which materialises immediately. Last night, I was playing the Sanctuary campaign and I was up against an army of 1-2 K core, 500-800 elite and 100-200 champion units. I had an equivalent army. I got away with almost no losses due to multiple healing tactics (medusa's regeneration stacks up really high, unlike the spell which is useless after early game).

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Feb 2012, 11:12

intipacha wrote:@Dalai

triangles would be so much more correct than squares!

actually almost equivalent to hexes :)
They still allow diagonal moves, unlike hexes. But they can be combined into hexes. :)

Triangles, squares and hexes are the only shapes that can fill surface with only one type of shape. But why not use many different shapes? Look at parquet layouts! There are thousands of them! Ubi can stay "innovative" for centuries! Although they'll run out of resource types to cut much sooner - current number of resource types allows only 2, maximum 3 "innovations". :creative:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 06 Feb 2012, 20:49

Good grief they take forever to make a move. I couldn't stand the slow pace and gave up watching after first minute. Holy hell that painful.

It made me so mad that I had to make a post about it after months of inactivity (just in time for King Kong status at least). I'm also tired of angels and demons fighting. Can't they just learn to get along? If H7 has same crap factions again, I'm getting ready to kill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2012, 09:38

hellegennes wrote:>> all you have to do is kill the original stack and b) <<
I was going to say something about keeping the stack away from danger, but then i remembered the BF size...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby hellegennes » 09 Feb 2012, 10:06

Well, yeah. And by the time the gate is strong enough to make a difference, you can probably reach the original stack with most of your units.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2012, 11:35

Yeah, but that's not really a problem with gating itself, but with the conditions you're doing it in...

Told you guys a small BF is nothing but trouble...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Play with the Devs Video

Unread postby hellegennes » 09 Feb 2012, 12:20

Yes, but we are talking for this game, not something else. And in this game, and the mechanics as they are, Inferno sucks.

Return to “News”