Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Apr 2006, 12:07

Collectors = ??

Deluxe = ??

Limited = 4000 copies

It would make sense with such packs if expansions have been included but this is insane!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Apr 2006, 12:42

Furay wrote:Umm, I don't think H4 had a faction sheet (Well at least not in OZ). It was only on a PDF on the game CD. That sucked.
On the one hand, it did suck, but on the other it was friendly to our ailing environment. :)

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Labyrinth » 07 Apr 2006, 16:00

The Deluxe is the European more-than-normal special edition, while the Collectors' is the US one. The limited edition is limited and thus even more special ;) and contains this golden coin you can see in the Ubisoft online store and I don't know what else. Furthermore this version is going to be sold online only.
What the #$*! do we know?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Apr 2006, 16:31

In the current poll (on the left, below the navigation), 60% of the voters said they would buy the special edition. That's quite a lot.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2006, 16:37

56% now. :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby King Imp » 07 Apr 2006, 17:40

Actually, the Limited edition is the U.S. one, the Deluxe edition is the "we still have no idea where it's being sold since no one actually released that info" one, and the Collector's Edition is the big one with the gold coin where only 4000 copies were made.

That said, the info I'm trying to find out is if the Deluxe and the Limited versions offer the same exact thing, but are just available in different parts of the world.

There are definitely too many different versions and it's causing a lot of confusion.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Apr 2006, 21:21

Well, I just switched my preorder from standard to limited or deluxe, or whatever it is. All I know is that hte version I preordered includes Heroes 4 and 3.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 08 Apr 2006, 00:46

@ King Imp
I believe you have the correct info. Please let us know if anything is different between the Limited and Deluxe. Collectors has the coin thingy, which I'm not interested in.

@ Omega_Destroyer
First, you have a very long name :tongue:
Second, I think yours is the Limited edition. So, I'm supposing you're from US.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Apr 2006, 03:13

Gryphon

You're correct. The version I preordered was the one that can be found on www.gamestop.com.

Really random fact about the long name: It's from Omega Red's super attack in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby King Imp » 08 Apr 2006, 05:55

@ gryphonheart

If I hear anything definitive, I'll make sure to say so here since no one in charge seems to care enough to clear up this confusion on the official forums and let us know what each version offers exactly.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Blake » 09 Apr 2006, 01:18

Guys.. this was posted on the Ubi forums by the Sales guys:

--------

Hello All,

We post this message to clarify everything:

The Heroes of Might & Magic V Deluxe Edition is the edition that will be included in the Super Collectors Edition.

We did not have the exact content of this Deluxe Edition when we launched the Super Collectors Edition pre-order campaign.

Therefore, all customers, who pre-order the Super Collectors Edition, will receive:

- A numbered black chest

- The Deluxe Edition (that will include the original game, unique in-game content including three additional single scenario maps and a unique Hero “Aura”, a printed map of Ashan, sixteen page artbook by Heroic Fantasy artist Olivier Ledroit, a faction document summarising all creatures’ skills and Heroes of Might and Magic II complete game)

- A numbered certificate of Authenticity

- A purse with 1 coin.

-----------------------

In addition to this:

The Heroes of Might & Magic V Deluxe edition will be sold in Europe only.

The Super Collectors Edition of Heroes of Might & Magic V can be shipped worldwide.

Thanks,

Ubisoft Online Store
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 09 Apr 2006, 03:10

Thanks Blake!
I just asked that sales person about the Limited edition. Hopefully he/she will clear things up for us!

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby King Imp » 09 Apr 2006, 07:26

I seconded your request for that info gryphonheart.

It's almost like pulling teeth with these people to get some info. Just tell us what every edition offers so we don't keep having this back and forth nonsense. It's almost as if they don't even acknowledge the Limited Edition version.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 09 Apr 2006, 09:06

I found this press release on Gamespot:

"Ubisoft to Release Heroes of Might and Magic V Limited Edition

Press Release

San Francisco, CA - April 5th, 2006 – Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today proudly announces that a limited edition of Heroes of Might and Magic V will be released in North America at the game's launch in May 2006.

The North American limited edition contains:

* Heroes of Might and Magic V on DVD
* Full versions of Heroes of Might and Magic III and IV (XP compliant)
* Unique in-game content, including three additional single scenario maps and a unique Hero "Aura".
* Official soundtrack
* Exclusive Screens
* Official artwork and illustrations

The Heroes of Might and Magic V Limited Edition will be available at Best Buy, CompUSA, EB Games and Gamestop, and Ubi.com for a suggested retail price of $59.99.

Developed by a seasoned team at Nival Interactive (Blitzkrieg, Silent Storm, Etherlords), Heroes of Might and Magic V is scheduled for release on PC for May 2006.

For more information on Heroes of Might and Magic V, please visit www.mightandmagic.com.

Heroes of Might & Magic V © 2005 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Heroes, Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Developed by Nival Interactive.

Posted Apr 5, 2006 12:46 pm PT"

I_Dun_Hat3_CT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Singapore, Am i the ONLY SG GUY HERE?? Hey we are at least a dot.

Unread postby I_Dun_Hat3_CT » 12 Apr 2006, 16:08

So does the Limited Edition have an amount cap. [Is it like the Collector's Edition where only 4000 is sold]? Im confused :| . There are too many edition circulating around....
Haven Knights Rulez After clearing my garbage, i still have that garbage smell on me even after i bath several times. Only until a few days later, i know wat is the reason, im living in a garbage dump.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 12 Apr 2006, 16:40

No I don't think there is an amount cap for the Limited.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby infael » 12 Apr 2006, 17:39

What exactly is the "Official artwork and illustrations" from the North American edition? Is is the same as the European "limited to 4000" Collector's edition? Is it the map?
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

_faenad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby _faenad » 14 Apr 2006, 20:11

I preordered the Supers Collectors Edition on the ubi webiste shop, but I don't found any place to select the language, nor any place mentionning the language of the game.

I want to be sure I have a game in English, as I want to play it (hotseat) with my brother-in law and father in law.

Can someone confirm me the language of the Super collector Edition?

Is it a multi language edition? Where can i choose english if it's not the case?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 14 Apr 2006, 20:46

That's why I never preorder a game. I will buy mine from my local software/gaming store when it is released.

When Heroes 4 was released, all the people who preordered it had to wait almost a week before they got theirs. I got mine on the same day of release from EB … for less money than they were selling it for preorder. Go figure.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Apr 2006, 22:12

_faenad wrote:Can someone confirm me the language of the Super collector Edition?
Is it a multi language edition? Where can i choose english if it's not the case?
I believe it's safe to assume that if language isn't specified, it'll either be in english-only or multi-lingual.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “News”