Heroes VI: Patch 1.2 Status

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Nov 2011, 17:16

Ubisoft community manager Irina provided the following <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... >update</a> regarding the status of patch 1.2 for Heroes VI (<a href="/https://www.facebook.com/groups/2841226 ... 4/">thanks Elvin</a>):

<blockquote>"we can definitely see that you are losing patience regarding the coming patch: some of you are very bothered with bugs and you are challenging us to release the patch as soon as possible. We are often asked at least to communicate about the content and the date. The point is we don't want to speculate with this information by promising things if we are not sure it will be available. That is why we are taking our time to make an official announcement.

On the other hand, we are currently running technical tests, so we are waiting for the confirmation that everything is OK and the patch 1.2 will solve issues and won't create new ones. We will make an official announcement very shortly as it is obvious for us that it is important to you. Sorry for the delay, guys ...

While waiting, please, take into account that we are checking out your feedback on our official forums, facebook, twitter and community forums. The Customer support is providing us with a detailed report of bugs received from the community. This service is very important to us. So, don't hesitate to contact your CS and report bugs."</blockquote>

So yes, it's coming, they don't know when, keep sending reports. The kind of answer that my boss wouldn't find acceptable!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1322673369
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 30 Nov 2011, 19:33

She also mentioned that town screens will not be included in patch 1.2

No, town screens are on our list of improvements to be done, but it will not be included in the coming patch for sure.

There is no officially stated date yet. I'd like to tell you more, but as far as it has not been decided yet, it is not possible :-(.

Rosensmart
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rosensmart » 30 Nov 2011, 20:36

Well, I can only say, that I look forward to being able to play the Haven campaign without all the bugs..... On the other hand, the importance of a patch working 100% can not be underestimated... so bring forth the patience fellow heroes lovers.....
"People will think, what I tell then to think, when you tell me, what to tell them to think"(Homer Simpson)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Nov 2011, 21:00

This is news?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: Heroes VI: Patch 1.2 Status

Unread postby parcaleste » 30 Nov 2011, 21:01

Angelspit wrote:... we can definitely see that you are losing patience regarding the coming patch...
Yes, we stopped playing the game.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 30 Nov 2011, 22:09

There is a bright side - patches usually change away features that we didn't find bothersome at all (because they think this is overpowered), which honestly feels extremely annoying. So as long as I can still finish the campaigns without stuck by a bug somewhere, I am happy.
Edited on Wed, Nov 30 2011, 17:10 by maltz

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 01 Dec 2011, 01:47

Most of the people on the forums are just overreacting. I've worked retail before - disgruntled customers always play the "I'm not playing this game or buying from this company again" card without thinking about it. 90% of them will just find something else to do until the game is in playable shape and go right back to it.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Dec 2011, 07:55

Update from Irina:

Posted Thu December 01 2011 01:50

Check out below the pre-release notes for the coming patch. Keep in mind that the list is not definitive yet:

• Major bug fixes (Week of the Plague, Dynasty weapons, unit abilities, scripts, localization)

• Skirmish AI tweaks:

- Tries to defend all owned town (previously the AI focused on its starting town)

- Previously if a hero stronger then the AI's hero threatened a town, the AI hero let that town undefended. Now the AI calculates all of its nearby hero's army and creature growth and defends the town if it finds it possible

- Always defends the last owned town if it can causes reasonable losses to the attacker hero

- Huge speed improvement, AI thinking is approximately 2-3 times faster than in the previous version

- Further improvement of cooperation among primary and secondary heroes

- Improved exploration and target priority

- Pre-calculated army contraction. The AI calculates how many creatures can the target collect (including possible creature growth) before the AI's hero can reach it and calculates if it is worth to chase it.

- Further improvement of Town portal usage

- In case of an FFA the AI tries to attack and capture towns from a weaker player

- FIXED: Sometimes the AI attacked a much stronger hero than itself

- FIXED: Sometimes without reason the AI split its army into 2 and lost against a stronger hero

- FIXED: Sometimes the AI miscalculated the cost of a town portal and spent too much points before trying to use it (resulting an undefended town)

- FIXED: The AI ignored some neutral buildings

- FIXED: Several smaller bug fixes

• Combat AI tweaks:

- General target choice improvement for the units

- Improved ability usage

- Improved racial ability usage

- Improved ability selection and different builds for Magic/Might, Tears/Blood heroes

- Improved creature ability usage

• Gameplay improvements:

- The unit setup after using the Tactics ability is remembered from battle to battle

• Intel support:

- Fog calculation

- Variance shadow mapping vs. hardware shadow mapping

• Balance tweaks:

- Rage II-IV gives +10 Might Attack instead of +15

- Rage points generated by attacks reduced to 16(friendly)/8(enemy) (from 20/10)

- Guardian Angel: Good moral gives 70 racial points (instead of 100)

- Retribution aura cooldown increased to 5 instead of 3

- Haste initiative bonus increased to 12 (from 10)

- Slow initiative reduction increased to 12 (from 10)

- Mass Haste initiative bonus increased to 6 (from 5)

- Mass Slow initiative reduction increased to 6 (from 5)

- Father Sky damage increased to 380 (from 353)

- Idol of Air damage increased to 276/318/366 (from 240/277/319)

- Martyr Might Resistance and Health bonus reduced to +10.8%/12.4%/14.3% (from +21.6%,24.9%,28.6% Might Resistance, +13%,15%,17% Health)

- Hour of Judgement bonus damage increased to 31% (from 21%)

- Hell Hound Might Defense increased to 5 (from 4)

- Cerberus Might Defense increased to 6 (from 4)

- Kirin and Sacred Kirin movement reduced to 6 (from 7)

- Kirin Magic Defense increased to 33 (from 32)

- Sacred Kirin Might Defense reduced to 31 (from 33)

- Sacred Kirin Magic Defense reduced to 33 (from 35)

Best regards,

the M&M team
Edited on Thu, Dec 01 2011, 02:57 by Pol
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Dec 2011, 08:18

... Kirin and Sacred Kirin movement reduced to 6 (from 7)...
Thus making them even more useless. Great.

Good to see they have concentrated on the AI, though. Hope it turns at least halve the way good that it sounds.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Dec 2011, 12:47

I would like if they would focus on bugs first and AI and balance changes were introduced in other patch, so we get bugs fix ASAP.
But Ubihole decided to put all of these things in one patch, so we are still waiting for basic bugs fixes.
IMO bad choise Ubi.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 01 Dec 2011, 13:57

I hope they fix things soon. As it stands now, I'm not enjoying the game very much....
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
"George S. Patton, Jr."

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 01 Dec 2011, 22:50

Nice balance. That nerf on Kirin speed basically destroys the first strike advantage of Sanctuary, which is not close to being the strongest faction. (Guess they don't feel necros need balancing...)

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayno » 02 Dec 2011, 12:49

parcaleste at 2011-11-30 16:01 wrote:

... we can definitely see that you are losing patience regarding the coming patch...

Yes, we stopped playing the game.

That put a smile of recognition on my face

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 03 Dec 2011, 14:55

Necros being by far the most unbalanced doesn't ring a bell with Ubi. Nor does the fact that Inferno are useless, esp. in smaller maps.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2011, 20:43

But guys, they simplified the game, it should totally be balanced now...

If you really want them to listen then at least write them some e-mails... complaining here is not likely to do much good when it comes to balance...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 04 Dec 2011, 18:19

Telling them that they have shipped an unfinished product will not result in a productive answer, whether you do it via email, forum or homing pigeons.

There are many issues with the game; namely AI, bugs, skills, spells, the online system, loading times, balance.

The AI is even worse than H4's AI and whatever is able to do is through annoying cheating (like knowing exactly the number of movement points, map-hack, instant reputation, etc).

Another main issue is that most skills are utterly useless and you end up using the same skills. The spell system is reduced to non-important as there are only a few spells worth the skill point; plus being a magic hero is, in most cases, useless too.

The races are largely unbalanced to a whole new level. Necros are unbeatable, Sanctuary only has core units that aren't worthless, inferno is rubbish.

There are so many bugs and so important that there is no way they didn't know before the game went gold. Also obvious from the fact that an enormous patch came out a day after the game (meaning they were working on it for quite some time).

This is the most promising title in the series, after so many years and it's shipped at least 6 months before completion. That's insulting to us as both fans and customers. If you buy an electric cooker and you discover that it can only heat water up to 80 C°, something tells me you won't be satisfied if the company replies to your complaints with "we knew that before it even came out of the factory and we will fix it for free in six months".

world_pacifier
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby world_pacifier » 06 Dec 2011, 11:30

I hate to admit it but 'parcaleste' succinctly said it all for me '.. we stopped playing the game'. I have. I tried a few times getting into it but it so many aspect of it that are snnoying that even little things make it less attachment for me - some silly unit names, can't rotate camera, small buttons/interface etc etc.. it is all been said before. I really don't want to grumble and complain. I will most likely buy the expansion and HoMM is the only game I support fully and buy every single games/expansions but this is testing me not to...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes VI: Patch 1.2 Status

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Dec 2011, 16:46

hellegennes wrote:>>This is the most promising title in the series, after so many years and it's shipped at least 6 months before completion.<<
So it's H4 2.0?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 07 Dec 2011, 19:05

>>So it's H4 2.0?

You bet your ass it is. Only THEY had an excuse. What excuse does Ubisoft have? The world crisis?
Edited on Wed, Dec 07 2011, 14:06 by hellegennes

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Dec 2011, 19:23

I think they mentioned something about the Y2K bug.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “News”