Week-End Sale for Kings Bounty

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Week-End Sale for Kings Bounty

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Nov 2011, 14:10

GOG.com is having a sale this week-end for various 1C Publishing titles, including <a href="/http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/king%E2% ... nd">King's Bounty: The Legend</a> at $3.99. If Heroes VI wasn't your cup of tea, KB is certainly a worthy alternative.

<i>"Become a hero in a fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages, wise kings and beautiful princesses. Explore the land, command armies and accomplish quests for your king to reap great rewards... Or suffer devastating defeats."</i>

I think there might have been a lower price on Steam this Summer, but the game catalog on GOG.com contains no DRM of any kind. The game also comes with a few extras (artwork, wallpapers, etc.). Happy adventuring!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1321625404
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Week-End Sale for King's Bounty

Unread postby Sikon » 18 Nov 2011, 16:43

To be fair, the Steam version also contains no DRM. You just download and play.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Nov 2011, 17:23

Well, it's a matter of whether we consider Steam itself DRM or not. :D Personally I like it, but I know some people don't.

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 18 Nov 2011, 20:54

GOG added Might and Magic IX a couple of weeks ago, although it wasn't mentioned here, that gives them all the Might and Magic titles ever except for Warriors of Might and Magic, which I hear was awful, and its PS2 only sequel Shifters, which I hear was okay.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 18 Nov 2011, 23:56

Heroes VI is my cup of tea...its just too hot to drink at the moment...
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2011, 00:01

Well said.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Nov 2011, 14:55

Might and Magic IX, I don't know. We spent so much time generating hype for that game back when it came out, going as far as opening a separate site for M&M, until critics, fans and NWC itself made us realize it was a failure. I'm not sure why people would pick it up even on sale. Completionism maybe.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Nov 2011, 14:58

It still has its fans, especially in what remains of the LoMM community.

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 19 Nov 2011, 19:46

I never actually played IX, because I had no idea it came out or was even in development. I remember eagerly awaiting HOMMIV and then it came out, was a huge disappointment for me, and the next thing I heard was that 3DO went under -- I didn't hear about the HOMMIV expansions either. Then years later I noticed online some mention to MM IX. Reviews online seem to be middling and generally seem to point out the same flaws in it, like a slow starting pace and overly reused character models that all 3D MM games suffer from. I do really like those, and I was excited that GOG added IX because now I'll be able to form my own opinion.

(I should mention, because HOMMIV is a lot of people's favorite game, that the first campaign I played after I bought it was the love story campaign and frankly summoning magic is broken, you can steam roll the whole map without a single town regardless of how powerful your enemy is. A few years later I loaded up HOMMIV again and installed Equillibris and got to learn some of the game's potential. It's still a bit ugly compared to all the other HOMM games, but it tells some good stories, and it has a lot of good ideas.)

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 19 Nov 2011, 19:55

I think I painted myself into a corner in King's Bounty. I started out playing on the most difficult level, because that's what I've always done for HOMM games, but with HOMM games, if you mess up, you can restart the level and there are no levels in King's Bounty... I'm on the elf islands in the game and I have loads of money, but there simply aren't enough troops to restock with. I ran into a similar problem in the dwarf area, and I got around it by sneaking past all the guards and going straight for the main bad guy. It worked perfectly because although I decimated my troops, after you kill the main bad guy it opens a lot more and stronger purchasable troops. That doesn't really seem to be an option on the elf maps.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Week-End Sale for King's Bounty

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Nov 2011, 15:41

Sikon wrote:"To be fair, the Steam version also contains no DRM. You just download and play."
Try turning off Steam and playing...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Nov 2011, 18:46

Heroes IV is $27.50 (50% off) at Amazon for the Black Friday Deals (US Only).

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 22 Nov 2011, 02:06

Heroes IV???

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 23 Nov 2011, 05:11

Maybe Ubisoft decided to put the I before the V in the number 6. Like they rearranged Heroes of Might and Magic into Might and Magic Heroes.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Week-End Sale for King's Bounty

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Nov 2011, 10:09

archcorenth wrote:Maybe Ubisoft decided to put the I before the V in the number 6. Like they rearranged Heroes of Might and Magic into Might and Magic Heroes.
:D Good one!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Nov 2011, 13:25

I suck with roman numerals as you can see. :D

Return to “News”