Day 2: Wonders and Woes

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 16 Oct 2011, 02:33

Yay! I confirm the laptop fix works! I repeat, yay!
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

sv398
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sv398 » 16 Oct 2011, 21:30

The Bug Report thread made by RA_Fox is respectable of course but I've also started one, trying to consolidate bugs in the first page of posts, for people to see in one place.

Can you link that thread also please? http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 3141070459

2vasort1corppor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 2vasort1corppor » 16 Oct 2011, 21:32

i must say i am kinda disappointed. because of beta/demo i was expecting the game to run very smoothly but it seems we will need to wait for patches/bug fixes.Otoh, saving games and A.I. turns are much faster than heroes 5 and its expansions.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 17 Oct 2011, 08:26

Why in the world aren't field formations saved as in other Heroes games???!!!!

What a waste of time having to place creatures back into my favorite formation EVERY SINGLE BATTLE!!!

Please, fix this absurd oversight!!

I only re-order my field formations maybe 1 of every 5 battles, so save me A TON of game time by keeping my last formation in memory as other Heroes games have done... it makes absolute sense!

Does anyone else think this needs to be addressed?

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shoaura » 17 Oct 2011, 09:42

**I only re-order my field formations maybe 1 of every 5 battles, so save me A TON of game time by keeping my last formation in memory as other Heroes games have done... it makes absolute sense!

Does anyone else think this needs to be addressed?**

When I figured out, during the beta, that the formations were not saved, and I had to spend a skill point that in effect allowed me to manipulate before the battle; I kinda just stopped caring about where my units were placed and instead concentrated upon keeping healing units handy.

To answer your question, yes I think it needs to be addressed. I preferred the H5 system of placing units before the battle. If Ubi / Black Hole wanted to keep the skill that changes unit placement; make it like the second-tier skill that states to the effect of changing once after seeing the other side's setup

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Day 2: Wonders and Woes

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Oct 2011, 09:53

michiganjf wrote:Why in the world aren't field formations saved as in other Heroes games???!!!!

What a waste of time having to place creatures back into my favorite formation EVERY SINGLE BATTLE!!!
Please, fix this absurd oversight!!
I only re-order my field formations maybe 1 of every 5 battles, so save me A TON of game time by keeping my last formation in memory as other Heroes games have done... it makes absolute sense!
Does anyone else think this needs to be addressed?
+1

I actually regretted taking tactics because of this. The game should have been delayed at least until Christmas to iron out all of these glitches.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayno » 17 Oct 2011, 12:45

Waaay too many bugs to warrant release.

Good way to scare away new fans :/

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 17 Oct 2011, 14:54

Considering I've had no problems at all, the crashes seem to be really hit-or-miss for some people. I wonder if UPlay has something to do with it.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 17 Oct 2011, 18:55

They're releasing 1.1.1 later today, which makes the aforementioned fix official, according to their facebook post.
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 17 Oct 2011, 20:18

I actually found the beta to be VERY unstable and the release to be fine. Completed a couple of single player maps, the tutorial campaign, and a couple of maps in the Necr campaign w/o problems.

Birk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Birk » 18 Oct 2011, 19:01

I will buy and play when an expansion is out and all errors have been fixed.

Hopefully then I wil also get benefit of playing a fraction corresponding to rampart, sylvan or nature from the old games.

For me Heroes is all about elves and there are non in the game currently, although it looks extremely promising.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Oct 2011, 19:31

Birk wrote:I will buy and play when an expansion is out and all errors have been fixed.
So you never bought any Heroes game to date?

/me runs and hides
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Birk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Birk » 19 Oct 2011, 05:20

okay. Most of the errors. You insect ****er!

Birk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Birk » 19 Oct 2011, 05:30

But perhabs u´r right. I get ur point!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Oct 2011, 17:11

Birk wrote:You insect ****er!
Hey, watch it! Or he will eat your toes and fingers and you'll have a hard time playing Heroes 6 with or without all errors. :rolleyes:

Alas, welcome to the boards.

So it looks like Conflux is somewhat one of the strong reasons to play the game after all? ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Oct 2011, 03:44

CONFLUX seems like a great idea, if only I could stay connected to it for more than a minute.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Oct 2011, 12:27

Don't worry. They'll fix it in the next patch... :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Birk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Birk » 20 Oct 2011, 16:23

funny. in real life his probably a litte It nerd in bad shape,( I know that he has been very active in this forum at least) while I have been doing marshall arts and ninjutsu intensively during the last 4 years. Sorry for corrupting this thread btw.: Ijust miss the elves.`:=)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Oct 2011, 16:48

Haha, well I'm a bodybuilder for example. Our fellow orc might be really a monstrous green beast. And he has a kiddo! How many nerds do you know that have kids?! - living beings, I mean, not a PC they call kid. :D

world_pacifier
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby world_pacifier » 28 Oct 2011, 03:35

I am currently playing 'Something is Rotten" with Anton. In the map, there is an island with Griffins that you can only go by going down the underground. As the Griffins are meant to be friendly, I decided to go there and after killing some neutrals, I tried to 'recruit' or at the very least, 'attack' the Griffins, but for some reason I can't select them (as if the game doesn't think they are there). Is anyone come acrross this? Can anyone help?

Return to “News”