Patch 1.1 Already Available

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 14 Oct 2011, 07:29

Sounds like alot of "fun"??

I downloaded the game to night, and can't wait for work to be done. But if there's a high possibility that the game will crash. -_- *sigh* Always something.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
"George S. Patton, Jr."

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 14 Oct 2011, 08:16

For those who have crash, did you :

1/ Uninstall the Beta or Demo and remove the local files in My Documents?

2/ Uninstall the Ubi Launcher ?

3/ Do a clean install of H6 after doing the aformentionned steps?
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

katabroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katabroc » 14 Oct 2011, 11:14

A friend of mine posted on Ubi forums that he detected some QT drivers installed in his PC were crashing the game.

His nick is Razor85 and this is his post :

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 1331013349

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 14 Oct 2011, 19:09

I've done all 3 of the steps Marzhin listed and still can't on. Had a fleeting moment where it looked like it was going to work (the cursor changed!) before crashing yet again...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 15 Oct 2011, 00:14

I cannot even instal the game, gives a data error at 98% and just closes... nice work ubi...
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 15 Oct 2011, 04:08

So players are the new betatesters now?

Now I am glad I didn't buy it and will wait for the purchase after devs do their friggin' work as they should do before. Smells like Nival....

Of course I am aware that testing is a hard work and some bugs may slip to the release, but it really looks terrible.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Patch 1.1 Already Available

Unread postby Pol » 15 Oct 2011, 09:16

Toejam wrote:I cannot even instal the game, gives a data error at 98% and just closes... nice work ubi...
Redownload and disable firewal or av check if you have any. In my case I need to add exception to my Agnitum Outpoost Firewall. Without that I was getting corrupted files.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 15 Oct 2011, 14:44

@ pol, was it a crc error ?, cause thats what i'm getting, after some searching seems to be something you get from bad/broken cd's ... returned my copy and got another one, same thing...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Oct 2011, 20:25

Toejam wrote:@ pol, was it a crc error ?, cause thats what i'm getting, after some searching seems to be something you get from bad/broken cd's ... returned my copy and got another one, same thing...
Yes, it was crc checksum bad error in one of the archives. -
CAB file wasn't extracted properly.
Redownloading with ubi download manager added exception to my firewall fixed it.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Oct 2011, 18:49

To get the game to work: Just DO THIS, DO THAT and everything in between! WTF? I'm not computer savvy enough to have to correct and edit things in Directories and the Registry … just to get an overpriced, piece of junk to work on my computer!

Why would/should anyone purchase a game that needs to be fixed by the buyer before it can even be played or launched?

A user-friendly, bug-free Map/Campaign Editor was one of MY requirements to be included with Heroes VI before I would buy it. Looks like UbiHole horribly failed this test too!

I haven't bought the game yet … and from what I've seen written here, it looks like I'm gonna stay as far away from Heroes VI as I can. NO THANKS UBI-HOLE! So far, all you've done is drag the name of Might and Magic through the mud.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Oct 2011, 20:24

For many people game worked out of the box. ;)

You may consider:
+ certain MM atmosphere
+ online motivational system
+ scenery
+ pretty graphics (if you have right hw)
+ text boxes, campaigns with videos, which is well done
+ funny squeeking sounds

- lenghty, really, slow gameplay due to full 3D world
- online motivational system
- hardware requirements
- difficult map editor (probably not if you know at least basically 3DS Max or any similar sort of sw)

Well, the launch, technical support... is 'Ubi' mastered.

Knowing you, I would wait until they add some 'friendly' faction, like Elves. And some maps only with lore :P
"We made it!"

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Oct 2011, 22:24

HodgePodge wrote:To get the game to work: Just DO THIS, DO THAT and everything in between! WTF? I'm not computer savvy enough to have to correct and edit things in Directories and the Registry … just to get an overpriced, piece of junk to work on my computer!

Why would/should anyone purchase a game that needs to be fixed by the buyer before it can even be played or launched?

A user-friendly, bug-free Map/Campaign Editor was one of MY requirements to be included with Heroes VI before I would buy it. Looks like UbiHole horribly failed this test too!

I haven't bought the game yet … and from what I've seen written here, it looks like I'm gonna stay as far away from Heroes VI as I can. NO THANKS UBI-HOLE! So far, all you've done is drag the name of Might and Magic through the mud.
That's the HP I know, tell us how you really feel. :rofl: As it stands right now I to am staying away, I doubt they care though.
Pol wrote:For many people game worked out of the box. ;)
Obviously for many it hasn't. All of the different configurations of PCs has been a challenge to game producers for a long time, but after the beta testing that was done, I thought then and now the game went Gold far too quickly. This had the appearance of a cash grab. They could have waited a week or two and fixed more of the compatibility issues.
Pol wrote: - difficult map editor (probably not if you know at least basically 3DS Max or any similar sort of sw)
If this is true, that the editor is difficult and not H-IV like then I am done with Heroes. I don't even know what 3DS Max is. :mad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 17 Oct 2011, 00:36

just to let you guys now, i got the game to work ! :D, i only needed to connect an old dvd rom player (as external with usb) that wasn't as fuzzy with bad writen disc's as my new one was to instal the game to my pc (slow but he did it)...

The game itself (if you are able to instal it :p ) is pretty good, much better than 5, and as an old time fan i highly recommend you give the game a try

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Oct 2011, 07:56

jeff wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
Pol wrote: - difficult map editor (probably not if you know at least basically 3DS Max or any similar sort of sw)
If this is true, that the editor is difficult and not H-IV like then I am done with Heroes. I don't even know what 3DS Max is. :mad:
You will always get this sort of editor in today 3D games. Many functions many buttons. 3DS is a modeler program

On a plus side it looks easier than editor for KB:Crossworlds.
"We made it!"

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Oct 2011, 08:15

Any words about patch 1.2? I hope we don't have same situation like in HV, when patches were always too late and they had problems with fixing reported bugs.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 17 Oct 2011, 20:11

Pol wrote: On a plus side it looks easier than editor for KB:Crossworlds.
That's good I guess as I have no knowledge of the Crossworlds editor. The editor must be user friendly otherwise the pool of map creators will be smaller than it could/should be. Hey if UBI doesn't care then I guess I shouldn't either; since your inital comment on it being difficult to use has pretty much made my mind up.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Oct 2011, 15:31

The Quickstart Guide to the Scenario Editor is online: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/mi ... _Guide.pdf

It explains the basic tools needed to do a MP map.

I'm now working on the next guide that will focus on the storytelling tools (how to make a quest, text boxes, events on the map, dialog scenes, etc.)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Oct 2011, 19:56

Marzhin wrote: I'm now working on the next guide that will focus on the storytelling tools (how to make a quest, text boxes, events on the map, dialog scenes, etc.)
It is excellent you are putting together these guides, they will be an enormous help to the mapmakers. Alas without a campaign editor; your guides will be as close as I get to seeing/using the editor. :(

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 27 Oct 2011, 13:07

Where are the "new maps" included in the patch?

Return to “News”