Heroes VI is Gold

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI is Gold

Unread postby rdeford » 07 Oct 2011, 11:47

@ Torur -- I too have enjoyed the Beta and I'm looking forward to the full release.

@Marzhin -- If we preordered the digital edition, is there going to be a way we can get the boxed disk?

@Jeff -- I do hope you get the campaign editor and that it is all you hoped for. I plan on making H6 maps as I did for H5, but campaigns are so much work to create, debug, and balance that I have never completed one for any HOMM game. My hat goes off to you.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Oct 2011, 16:35

Angelspit wrote:Didn't realize the game was so close to release. I'm still in a middle-of-August mood.
*slaping AS wide awake, with a fluffly paw* :slap:

I'm kinda nervous. I'm thinking on what to look at first (after looking at the box). :|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Re: Heroes VI is Gold

Unread postby jeff » 07 Oct 2011, 19:57

Variol wrote:That's good news! I hope a lot of fools buy the game early. That way, they can work out the bugs and I'll buy it when it has 5-6 patches and costs $20 or less.

...uhh, I know that nobody here is foolish. :proud: ;|
This is actually reasonable if a company's track record is one of releasing games before they are ready. I will let you and others decide for themselves on UBI's record. If however you want to show support for a game you should buy it early to encourage the continuation of the series. For me after H-5 I am somewhere in the middle, I bought H-5 right at release. I feel my fingers were burned a bit, so I will wait on the campaign editor and players' comments.
rdeford wrote: @Jeff -- I do hope you get the campaign editor and that it is all you hoped for. I plan on making H6 maps as I did for H5, but campaigns are so much work to create, debug, and balance that I have never completed one for any HOMM game. My hat goes off to you.
Thank you, they are a lot of work. My two took three years each from start to release. So perhaps it would be better if UBI does not release a campaign editor then I can go quietly into retirement. :snore:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Oct 2011, 08:45

Ahh, that's our jeff; always the level headed one. And I mean that as a compliment.

After I got my new PC 2 years ago, it was different experience to play H5. It ran better and the bugs had been worked. I had fun with the game! I have tried to to play H2, H3 and H4 again, but I simply can not do it anymore. They were great and looked good for their time, but H5 and other game have spoiled me.

Kings Bounty and even Disciples 2 are excellent examples of games which look and run excellent. If Ubi had this sort of standard/ethic, I believe we would all be lined up to get this game the minute it hit the shelves.

As it is, I am in no rush what so ever. Perhaps Kings Bounty is keeping me satisfied for the moment. In many ways I the game is a total rip-off from the Heroes series, but I don't care. They took the idea and improved on it. That's what Ubi needs to do; but I just do not see it

I know I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Until they make Heroes with a different numbers of units per faction, it's all the same to me. I would love to see them have enough guts to have just 3 units in the Orc faction, like: Gobilns, Orcs and.. something else, plus their upgrades, but lots of them. Elves could have less types of units as well, but be much better, for example. I think the game would have far more replay value and I would feel far more challenged, than way it is now; with all the factions having virtually the same units. (I know, it's a little extreme, but just to make my point)

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VI is Gold

Unread postby Rife » 10 Oct 2011, 02:27

@Variol Are you crazy? Have you not heard the loud roar of nerd rage over the townscreens? Unequal unit types would kill the internet!
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 10 Oct 2011, 10:01

Rife wrote:@Variol Are you crazy? Have you not heard the loud roar of nerd rage over the townscreens? Unequal unit types would kill the internet!
Oh, I'm so sorry! I had my "mute" on! ;)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 22 Oct 2011, 23:41

nice its finally "done" x)... actually i havent try this out yet... hmmm... but i will... soon as i get some of my things to fix... i think its nice that theres still coming new homm games... for me homm in homm kind of end it to that 3 but i find good and not so good things all of them :)...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Oct 2011, 03:27

Rife wrote:@Variol Are you crazy? Have you not heard the loud roar of nerd rage over the townscreens? Unequal unit types would kill the internet!
You prefer town screens? 8|

Return to “News”