Public Beta Patch 1.4

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Public Beta Patch 1.4

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Aug 2011, 17:27

The next patch for the public closed beta is coming out soonish and the producers have released this batch of patch notes. It's quite a substantial patch, addressing creature stats balance, ability stat balance and multiplayers tweaks as well as general changes.

Should be fun testing it and finding out how it works. I'm particluarly interested in the decrease in defence for the Defend action; after all, taking a defensive stance should give you a smal defensive bonus, not make you invulnerable.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1314725274

Pol
Admin
Admin

Public Beta Patch 1.4

Unread postby Pol » 31 Aug 2011, 16:46

That's still not enough. Hopes going high for another patch. Balance and game play issues still not resolved from at least 80% :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Aug 2011, 22:52

The rate of patching is quicker than Nival, though. By a mile.
Oh and in case you missed it, this patch will also reset player profiles, setting dynasty level back to 0 etc.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Public Beta Patch 1.4

Unread postby Spin » 01 Sep 2011, 01:15

love the fact it's getting much better quickly. It's on track to be quite good come release day, better than 90% of games these days actually. I'm still waiting for Civ5 to get to a stage where the game's 100% polished before i buy it.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Public Beta Patch 1.4

Unread postby rdeford » 01 Sep 2011, 15:39

I'm downloading it as we speak so I've not yet tried it. Based on the release notes I think that this patch is a step in the right direction but not enough, so I agree with Pol. More importantly, I think this patch to the Beta bodes will for the future. The Black Hole crew seems much more responsive and supportive than Nival.

Suggestion for future: I hope that Destiny becomes Luck since the two words in English are not equivalent. I notice that Luck (instead of Destiny) appears here and there in the game, so why not everywhere?
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Return to “News”