For a US Collector Edition

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jul 2011, 16:11

Many of you have wondering why there are no Collector Edition of Heroes VI in North America, and we have received many messages about this issue. While there are many possible explanations for that situation, there is unfortunately no easy way to pick up this Edition once it becomes available. But there's one thing you could do to change things for now and the future: contact the Ubisoft US offices. I did some research and came up with the following contact information:

Business office
625 Third Street
San Francisco - CA 94107
Tel: +1 (415) 547 4000
Fax: +1 (415) 547 4001

Jaime Cottini, Director, Public Relations: jaime.cottini@ubisoft.com
Lisa Revelli, Corporate Communication Manager: lisa.revelli@ubisoft.com

Pick up the phone, write a letter, send an email, let your voice be heard. Publishers are always willing to listen when customers have money to spend. Let them know that there is an active fan base in North America, that our beloved series still means a lot to us. See if they can be bothered to process the paperwork required for a US release. And please share the feedback you may get here!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1311610287
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Jul 2011, 18:09

Frankly since UBI purchased the rights to MM, they have overlooked the NA market, whether it was arrogance or ignorance I can’t say. It was aggravating but not unexpected that they would not make the physical version of the collector’s edition available. I am not going to contact them, but if others chose to, then good for them. I personally don’t think it will make any difference. I have felt alienated by not just their game design decisions but their marketing choices as well.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 19:33

Probably because you're all too busy with your consoles... casuals. :tonguehands:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 25 Jul 2011, 19:37

Well it's not just NA. I'm in Europe but due to being in one of "unlucky" countries I cannot purchase most of new Ubisoft games.

I will NOT shell out 50€ for digital download of the game. I find it insulting.

Not to mention the joke of Digital Collector Edition with such awesome goodies as PDF Artbook!?! and PDF poster. What the hell?

We can nitpick about game details that have been deal breakers for some people. I mostly ignored such minor ingame annoyances, but this is ultimate deal-breaker for me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 19:41

You're not in good Europe...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Jul 2011, 22:18

ThunderTitan wrote:Probably because you're all too busy with your consoles... casuals. :tonguehands:
Maybe the youngsters, but the last console I bought was the Sega Saturn. :tongue:
ThunderTitan wrote:You're not in good Europe...
In UBI's mind that would be France :jester:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jul 2011, 16:25

Last console "i" (read: parents) bought was a cheap chinese knock off thing made of really crappy plastic... it did play a version of Mortal Kombat and some beat-them-up that features guys on roller-skates...

auzziedevil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby auzziedevil » 10 Nov 2011, 12:32

You can try www.mightyape.com.au.

It is infact the pre order version with:

The Haven ring

Art Book

T-Shirt

Game

etc.

They still have copies but only about 2 or 3 so you'ld want to hurry. I don't think there is anywhere else that you can get this edition. This is not the Download Version. It is the true copy, you'll need to wait for it to be delivered but it really is great and I think they will post to the U.S.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Dec 2011, 16:30

Amazon.co.uk has one available (German import).

Amazon.com are selling the Deluxe version, including: 1 Exclusive Map, 4 Exclusive Heroes, 2 Dynasty Weapons, Soundtrack, Poster (digital pdf file) and an Artbook (digital pdf file).
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Dec 2011, 14:25

Kalah wrote:Amazon.com are selling the Deluxe version, including: 1 Exclusive Map, 4 Exclusive Heroes, 2 Dynasty Weapons, Soundtrack, Poster (digital pdf file) and an Artbook (digital pdf file).
I noticed that a few weeks ago, but that is the downloadable verison only. My issue and others is the lack of the physical edition with the extras that came with it. Even if they were lame, the fact is they weren't and aren't offered here.

auzziedevil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby auzziedevil » 26 Jan 2012, 05:40

If you hurry, mightyape.com.au have another 2 copies available.
As I advised above am sure they will post to any part of the U.S.
please let me know if you do get one if they do infact post it to you?
Thanks

Return to “News”