Clash of Heroes on the PC

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jul 2011, 01:04

Well it finally happened: Capybara's puzzle/RPG hybrid is coming to the PC according to <a href="/http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... rogamer</a>. The game will be a straight port of the XBLA and PSN versions released earlier this year with no additional content, and it should be released before September this year. While I played this game I couldn't help but think that the game would be more suitable for a laptop than for a console in the living room. It's nice to see this little gem get a wider audience.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1311555860
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 05:50

Heh, no one prefers strategy games on consoles it seems...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Jul 2011, 11:26

Great news. I'll check it out for sure.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Kostia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kostia » 25 Jul 2011, 20:57

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news. I've played Clash of Heroes on an emulator and absolutely loved it!!! It is amazingly underrated.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 27 Jul 2011, 12:08

Good news, but since it's so late I'm more likely to wait until it's on sale. I really hope they don't hamper it with DRM, From Dust's description mentioned always online DRM on one of the sites you could pre-order it from I think.

Edit: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07 ... ys-on-drm/

Ugh.
Edited on Wed, Jul 27 2011, 10:00 by HenL

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Jul 2011, 14:09

It's around $15 on the DS and XBLA/PSN. I guess it will be sold for the same price on the PC, with an eventual sale at $10 or less after a few months.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 27 Jul 2011, 15:25

It's an acceptable price to be sure, but I probably wouldn't play it before it went on sale anyway and I've already bought it on the DS. There's also the issue of being forced to pay in euros with the unfavorable exchange rate of 1:1. If it does use always on-DRM the most I'd pay is fraction of that. I want to support Capybara, but I won't support such tomfoolery from Ubisoft.
Edited on Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:34 by HenL

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 31 Jul 2011, 08:29

I'll get it if it goes for 5euros on STEAM and has achievements.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 02 Aug 2011, 15:25

Clash of Heroes is, in all honesty, the best Might and Magic spinoff since Heroes of Might and Magic. So much better than Legends, Crusaders, Warriors, etc. I'm pretty sure most reasons why a company like Ubisoft or 3DO does spinoffs though is because they want to squeeze the most money they can from an IP by releasing mostly unrelated stuff between actual releases.

There are certain charms present in Heroes 1 and 2 (especially Heroes 1) that just aren't in the later games because they were in development before the NWC was bought by 3DO. Heroes 3 was a great game mind you, and it wasn't as rushed as 4 was, but it still had a completely different feeling because NWC was completely enveloped by that point. It's the kind of plastic feeling most major titles from the mega-publishers get.

Somehow, Cappybara brought its own unique sense of charm into Clash of Heroes, it actually feels like a fresh game even with parts of it based on Nival's source material. Maybe they were permitted more creative freedom because they were "only" at the time making a DS game.
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 17:48

It's kinda hard not to be better then all those half asses spin-offs...

And having played the demo, it's actually pretty ok...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”