Heroes Open Beta Begins

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jun 2011, 17:25

The public Beta version of <i>Might and Magic: Heroes VI</i> has now opened. If you have a key on hand, you can enter the Beta from <a href="/http://mightandmagic.uk.ubi.com/heroes6 ... .php">this page</a>.

There are several topics used for questions about the Beta on <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/ ... 60878">the official forum</a>, and this is probably the best place for feedback to the devs as well.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1309281956
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby michiganjf » 28 Jun 2011, 20:05

What kind of download times are people experiencing?

Mine has been downloading for over an hour and has a way to go yet... I have a 12MB/sec cable connection.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2011, 20:43

My d/l went down after 174mb... it's a 4.03GB d/l. And now it's crawling at 50kbps...

And i see the private beta client is roaming free on the net-plains since yesterday...

Would have been way better if Ubi did like Blizzard and invested into their own P2P client...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby michiganjf » 28 Jun 2011, 22:10

I've gotten over 50% downloaded 3 times now, then lost the download.

Yep, it's now crawling ultra slow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2011, 22:24

Well i can confirm that you don't need to d/l the file from the official site in order for it to work with the key you where given and your account...

PM if you still have issues...

So, besides some bugs (no hero portrait, crashes) and already known issues (gah, town screen) i'm finding it actually enjoyable...

But why can't i move the camera diagonally during the combat... am i missing the controls or is it impossible.

Hmm... seems i hadn't updated the game, coz you have to use the gu.exe for it, weird.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby astral76minor » 28 Jun 2011, 23:57

Oh, my what beautiful bugs! Be prepared to re-install this puppy many times.... And, please report bugs through the beta interface at the conflux or the Ubi forums. That widget bar at the bottom and the top needs to go. This is going to take a while, folks....

THIS GAME SHOWS MUCH PROMISE.
Edited on Tue, Jun 28 2011, 21:36 by astral76minor

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby DragonSire » 29 Jun 2011, 02:01

Their handling of the collectors edition in the U.S. (or the complete lack thereof) is seriously making me consider if I will buy this game. If they can't get a collectors edition to those fans who are stateside; then I seriously hope this game bombs and Ubi ends up having to sell the franchise. No matter what it's potential is. As fans do we really want to continue to put up with Ubisoft?
Edited on Tue, Jun 28 2011, 22:03 by DragonSire

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby astral76minor » 29 Jun 2011, 02:24

@DragonSire

Don't knock it until you tryed it.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby Ryder » 29 Jun 2011, 02:31

He isnt knocking the game he's knocking the powers to be at Ubisoft who seem to have no idea because they arent releasing a CE in the US or many other places. Why they cant have a CE for each region is kind of baffling to say the least.

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby DragonSire » 29 Jun 2011, 04:06

@astral

Ryder got what I was saying. I do want to play the game, and have been following it closely. What I do not like is Ubisoft's ineptitude. As Ryder said, it is baffling. And you spelled "tried" wrong. Try it with an "i" next time. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2011, 07:15

Usaians complaining about not getting special treatment... welcome to the rest of the world britches...

But really, it's probably a money thing, Ubisoft is based in France, not NA (or Japan), like most others, which is why Europe isn't getting a delayed release, like it does for most games.

And they usually don't just sell it online because physical shops still have some power over them (the big companies) and would object.

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby Shoaura » 29 Jun 2011, 09:34

It may be my computer, but in-game activities seem very slow and laggy.

Also, I noticed that if you try and change the monitor display (I run 1600x900) to anything other than what you opened the game with, the cursor's tracking and point functions are actually above the cursor by a considerable amount.

Finally, and this may be a personal preference, I do not care for the camera angle only being the one direction. I know that you can use some keyboard commands to move the angle to "look" around, but once you stop pressing the key, it snaps back to the original angle

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 29 Jun 2011, 10:27

@DragonSire

Your priority as a HoMM fan should be to hope for successful Heroes games. Whether Ubi makes Collector's Editions available to those in the US has no impact on how good the game is, therefore, it should not influence your decision to buy the game or not. Putting an embargo on Ubi merely out of spite will get you nowhere.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby DragonSire » 29 Jun 2011, 12:44

Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier. When asking Ubi what was going on with the collectors edition, I e-mailed them. That department said that they could not handle it. They referred me to another, and I got a reply saying that they could not handle it. They referred me back to the ORIGINAL department. Dah! So I called them and the lady on the line had no idea what I was talking about at first, on the day of the beta release. After awhile they tried to placate me with a Heroes V game, but I told them I already had them, because I was a fan of the series; otherwise, why would I be contacting them! Addto that the idiocy of u-play combined with other online services (such as steam) and you've got some higherups that need to be fired.

RCCCL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby RCCCL » 29 Jun 2011, 14:13

Steam is offering the Collectors Edition.

Edit, er scratch that, I guess it's the Deluxe Edition, anybody know the difference?
Edited on Wed, Jun 29 2011, 10:15 by RCCCL

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2011, 14:38

What, a bunch of minimum wage drones didn't know the details behind a top level decision... no wai.

EDIT: Holy Poop, it's d/l with around 2mbps... and it;s down to 300kbps... someone must have left the valve opened for a whiel there so all of Ubi's tubes where spilling the internet around.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2011, 17:21

And of course my own net fails half way through...

RCCCL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby RCCCL » 29 Jun 2011, 17:27

I guess the only difference between the Collectors and Deluxe editions, other than one being physical and one digital, is the shirt and ring that comes with the Collectors.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes Open Beta Begins

Unread postby astral76minor » 29 Jun 2011, 19:00

@DragonSire

Sorry about that. I "tried" for a long time to play the beta as well. Finally got it running. The game settings will screw up if you use the VSYNC option. And the facebook crap can be removed on the upper right hand side while playing. Other than that, the only settings that I changed were related to the speed of the game. Seems like the first map is too easy in normal mode (the one with the conflux by the fort).

It's a beta, and please complain about it so we can improve Heroes 6.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2011, 19:04

So, does anyone elses window go crazy if they write in the chat window?

And what about getting Sveltana as a hero for the 2nd map instead of Slava if you play it first?

Return to “News”