Week of Might Abilities

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Jun 2011, 16:06

This week, a number of might abilities will be revealed. The first are already up on <a href="/http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... 31-32">the official site</a>, and more will come over the following days. These Abilities do not cost mana, but they need several turns before they can be used again. These first three will be familiar to fans of the series, and considered "must haves" in any <i>Heroes</i> game.

<b>Diplomat</b> - The chance of recruiting hostile creatures is increased and the gold cost reduced. Passive ability - Rank 2.

<b>Pathfinder</b> - The hero spends no movement to pick up resources, access buildings etc. Passive ability - Rank 1.

<b>Mentoring</b> - When the hero meets another friendly hero, the latter gains up to 50% of the hero's experience. Passive ability - Rank 2.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1308585986
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby DanTanna » 21 Jun 2011, 03:34

Yesssss..... Mentoring!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Jun 2011, 04:11

^ Double yes!

... but with the current system of gaining skills... OVERPOWERED.

?

And does this kind of Patfinder ability means that there won't be a "rough terrain", or if there will be your hero will always stumble over it? ... or there will be an ability to walk over rough terrains... or the easier, that you will only achieve it if you have specific artifact.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby Spin » 21 Jun 2011, 06:12

These abilities are awesome, way better than the magic spells we've seen so far.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Jun 2011, 06:26

parcaleste wrote:>>>And does this kind of Patfinder ability means that there won't be a "rough terrain", or if there will be your hero will always stumble over it? ... or there will be an ability to walk over rough terrains... or the easier, that you will only achieve it if you have specific artifact.
From Failbook:
There's three levels to this ability. This is only level 1, but level 2 of Pathfinder adds the movement penalty reduction on rough terrains

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jun 2011, 10:40

Mentoring sounds overpowered, but the phrasee "UP TO" is critical. It means that's the maximum; the normal value might be a lot lower.

Still a great way to train smaller heroes, though.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby Infiltrator » 21 Jun 2011, 11:04

Mentoring and Diplomat - Might is indeed the thing that comes to mind when someone mentions those two :P
Infiltrator out.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Jun 2011, 11:23

Me Crag Hack wants you to join me. Me teach you drink beer. :D

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby Spin » 21 Jun 2011, 11:49

i'm playing this game for singleplayer only, i don't really care if it's overpowered, as long as it's not to the point where it's completely broken. The only time it ever came to the point where abilities were horrendously OP was in Heroes 4 with pretty much every grandmaster level skill, this won't go that far.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jun 2011, 13:22

Three new abilities have just been published - from the "Realm" school, related to kingdom management:

Sabotage Mine - At the price of all his remaining movement, the hero can sabotage an enemy mine. The mine's production stops for 7 days. An enemy hero can repair the mine, at the cost of all his remaining movement. It is an active rank 2 ability.

Architect III - Once per day the hero can visit a town and enable a second daily building to be constructed. Passive rank 3 ability.

Visions - Reveals the skills of an enemy hero on the Adventure Map and the exact number of troops in his army. Active rank 1 ability.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Jun 2011, 18:00

Wow. Visions looks SWEET this time and actually - USABLE.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jun 2011, 19:42

It's exactly the same as in HoMM3...

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 22 Jun 2011, 13:14

GreatEmerald wrote:It's exactly the same as in HoMM3...
In HoMM3, you couldn't see the hero stats, only the army composition.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Jun 2011, 17:09

Three new abilities were published today - from the "Tactics" school, giving the hero advantages on the combat map.

Reinforcements II - Once per combat, one friendly Core or Elite stack can be reinforced. The bonus creatures disappear after combat. Active rank 2 ability.

Duck and Cover - Cover from walls and obstacles is more efficient on all friendly creatures. Passive rank 1 ability.

Tactics III - After the Deployment phase, when seeing the enemy formation, one stack can be switched with another. If both sides have the ability, both can use it but none can see what the other changed. Passive rank 3 ability.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Jun 2011, 19:37

Oh, I thought you could if you had a high enough air level. Either way a tavern can help with that.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Week of Might Abilities

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Jun 2011, 16:35

Im going to assume that the Mentoring experience gain is 50% at Expert level.

On a side note, is Pathfinder supposed to be a spinoff of Pathfinding? If so, why change it? Why not just leave it as terrain penalty reduction?
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jun 2011, 23:12

Another three, from the "War Cries" school, which allows the hero to boost the efficiency of his troops for a few turns.

Heroic Charge - Friendly stack's movement is increased and deals more damage for each square crossed before the attack. Active rank 3 ability.

Reserves - Once per combat, one stack in the hero's army withdraws from the combat map and cannot be attacked as long as it does not attack or affect an enemy. Active rank 1 ability.

Warlord's Command - Target creature which has not yet taken an action this turn acts now instead of when it was supposed to. Active rank 2 ability.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jun 2011, 15:09

And the last ones of the week - from the "Warfare" school, essentially passive might bonuses given to the hero's creatures in battle.

Archery - Ranged damage is increased for all friendly creatures. Passive rank 1 ability.

Counterstrike II - All friendly creatures gets one extra retaliation each turn. Passive rank 2 ability.

Resilience - Once a creature in the hero's army has been attacked three times, its Might Defense and Health are increased until end of combat. Passive rank 3 ability.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 14:05

I still find the fact that spells are now abilities annoying...

But so far the abilities themselves look ok...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Jul 2011, 18:34

Kalah wrote: Reinforcements II - Once per combat, one friendly Core or Elite stack can be reinforced. The bonus creatures disappear after combat. Active rank 2 ability.
Wonder how it'll work in late game. It's not like it'll help much.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “News”