Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby Shoaura » 16 Jun 2011, 00:30

How about resurrection? Is the cyclops too dumb to realize it's back alive at that point?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 16 Jun 2011, 04:04

^ Ha-ha-ha, good point! :D

About those complaining that "it's too slow" - remember that this is A SHOWDOWN, so it have to be like that. I am pretty sure there will be a bar for the different speeds in the options (as usual). The thing that bugs me is the units "joy" after hit - it's already annoying to me; hope there will be a button that will "cut off" and this little... jewel (not a big problem, though, but still annoying).

And STOP complaining about the girl's (or Marzhin's, for that matter) pronouncement - it is actually pretty good and understandable. Only thing I could not understand (because of the battle sounds) was the Naga "Challenge" action move - is it only inflicts double damage or while challenging one enemy creature the others will not/can not attack the Naga?

Evernight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby Evernight » 16 Jun 2011, 05:27

I found Irina's pronunciation, especially of the word "wound," to be charming.

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby Shoaura » 16 Jun 2011, 09:52

@parcaleste

She said that the challenge ability will make the enemy unit's attack weaker if he should attack someone else

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby JSE » 16 Jun 2011, 10:08

While I find the increased tactical dimension of creature abilities and effects quite interesting, I'm very concerned about the slow speed of combat. All the animations, graphical details, and perspective changes seem to take a lot of time. This is one of the flaws of Heroes V, and they seem to repeat (or even aggravate) it in Heroes VI. The speed issue was one of the main problems of Heroes V multiplayer games, too.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 16 Jun 2011, 21:17

@JSE

Ubisoft/Black Hole are still using the original H5 gaming engine to make H6. There was a rumor that they were going to improve over the H5 engine. We will see if that is true. Yes, it is sluggish - that could be in the game settings....

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Jun 2011, 22:52

Ubisoft/Black Hole are still using the original H5 gaming engine to make H6.
They are not, it's an in-house Black Hole engine with nothing to do with Nival.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 16 Jun 2011, 23:54

The last time I looked, the designer said they were still using the H5 engine and planned to improve upon it. So present the evidence that the engine is new for Heroes 6. Heroes 6 still requires only DirectX9.0c. It is not even 64-bit.

We'll play the beta soon. Present a link that proves the engine is entirely new for Heroes 6.

I will know right away by the file system and the map editor (which will make or break the game).
Edited on Thu, Jun 16 2011, 19:57 by astral76minor

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Jun 2011, 05:32

astral76minor wrote:>>>The last time I looked, the designer said they were still using the H5 engine and planned to improve upon it. So present the evidence that the engine is new for Heroes 6. Heroes 6 still requires only DirectX9.0c. It is not even 64-bit.
Erwan Le Breton wrote:Why did you choose Black Hole to develop Heroes VI? What did they bring on this project?

[Erwan] They had two great fantasy strategy games at their credit: Armies of Exigo and Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. For the latter, they worked very closely with Games Workshop, so they knew what it meant to develop a game within a specific franchise. They also had a solid in-house engine, perfect for Heroes VI. Obviously, they impressed us as experienced, talented and passionate people during our first encounter. Something they more than confirmed during the game’s development! Last, but not least, they are huge fans of the Heroes series :)

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 17 Jun 2011, 20:13

"A solid, in-house engine." Not enough evidence. Wait until the 28th and we'll see. Thanks for trying.

Specifications about the engine would be nice - facts.
Edited on Fri, Jun 17 2011, 16:16 by astral76minor

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Jun 2011, 20:25

Well, you can insist we're trying to delude you all you like, but they're legally disallowed from using the Silent Storm engine even if they wanted to. So no, it's not being reused for H6, partially because it was shown to be so memory leak-ridden in H5 that nobody in their right mind would want to.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 17 Jun 2011, 20:47

In-house could mean alot of things.

-They took the old H5 engine and upgraded it.

-They created a new engine, but it was similar to H5.

Out of a lot of speculation, many people would like to know if it is going to be another sluggish repeat (like H5). I am concerned since H3 and H4 were using the same engine. I think consumers deserve a "completely new engine for Heroes 6."

There is no evidence indicating that the in-house production was simply a nice tweak (from the old engine) or a completely new engine (versus the H5 engine). It is vague heresay.

But I would love to be wrong. This is why, we must ask (since alot of people pre-ordered from Ubi-Shop).

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Jun 2011, 20:59

...and the word of beta testers who are playing the game isn't good enough? :P

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 17 Jun 2011, 21:20

Then show me the file system from the beta (that some got early). Use print screen on the keyboard & copy and paste the pictures showing all the folders that make up the game directories (and all their files). If some folks have the beta, then it is their duty to show the file system that makes the game so the latter can understand how stable and fast this engine supposedly is.

Hey, we bought it and we want to know the specifications. Is it going to be another game, where we have to upgrade our systems just to play the game with the largest map size (like I had to do with H5)? Is multiplayer mode going to work really fast compared to H5 even on the largest maps?

Some people put much money into their systems just to make these games play like turning a page in a book. Heroes 5 is still slow even on the best Core i7 system processor due to that engine they used. Will Heroes 6 follow in a similar way on the largest maps with the most players in multiplayer mode?

This is testing the limits of the Heroes 6 engine, and some people are that extreme with their computer builds. Time will tell, and I hope this game is stable, fast, has a SUPERIOR AI, and the best map editor yet even in the most demanding conditions for this "new engine".

Pol
Admin
Admin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jun 2011, 12:40

@astral76minor

That is having a lot of time. Believe me, when NDA will be lifted, there will be images after which you so sought.

Right now, time is plenty. Nowhere to haste. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jun 2011, 06:35

@astral76minor

The NDA does apply worldwide

And we will not be discussing it here. Post removed.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 22 Jun 2011, 07:13

@Pol

Where ever the wind blows. Matter simply transforms. I will try the best that I can.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 14:02

astral76minor wrote:>>In-house could mean alot of things.

-They took the old H5 engine and upgraded it.
-They created a new engine, but it was similar to H5.<<

It's a different developer, so an in-house engine will be different from H5's, which was Nival's engine.

I'm guessing they're using an upgraded/modified version of the engine they used for WH: Mark of Chaos... or made one from scratch (doubt it, too much effort).
Darkström wrote:>>Why can't they hire people who speak English properly for this? -.-<<
Because then they'd not have a hot accent...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Unread postby astral76minor » 26 Jun 2011, 02:08

Been a fan for over a decade. Let us just go along with it. We can complain later. We are 3 days away from the beta. I am not eager to argue. I would love a game that struck me just as much as KB: Armored Princess.

By the looks of H6, I am satisfied. The gameplay is another subject.

I at least want to enjoy H6 for a year before alot of people start complaining.

Love always for the game, and it is not just a game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jun 2011, 12:51

Complaining once the deed is done is too late...

At this point all we can actually change is balance stuff and how fast bug fixes come...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”