Heroes VI Delayed

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 21:47

I meant from he official announced release date, not the actual internal clock date we never hear about.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Apr 2011, 21:18

ThunderTitan wrote: ..internal clock date we never hear about.
Hmm. I don't meant any internal date, in that case you would get over year with ease.

You know what? Better to compare it to the bests, so side by side to SC2? And instantly Ubi is extremly fast, the teply to the other question still vary.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Apr 2011, 11:26

Pol wrote: Hmm. I don't meant any internal date, in that case you would get over year with ease.

You know what? Better to compare it to the bests, so side by side to SC2? And instantly Ubi is extremly fast, the teply to the other question still vary.
SC2 was delayed once as i recall, all other dates where simply guesses by fans or retailers.

EDIT: Oh, and that was for the beta, as the game didn't have an official release date at that time...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Apr 2011, 18:36

Looks like it was bad example. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2011, 08:12

JUST.AS.PLANNED!

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 03 May 2011, 04:03

ThunderTitan wrote:
Pol wrote: Hmm. I don't meant any internal date, in that case you would get over year with ease.

SC2 was delayed once as i recall, all other dates where simply guesses by fans or retailers.

EDIT: Oh, and that was for the beta, as the game didn't have an official release date at that time...
So you are saying that a combination of multiple delays can correlate with either a bad game or in general a bad situation for a game, which is at best loose speculation. Why? Well, take Diablo II for example. I was 12 years old when the release for Diablo II was announced for 1998. I was 13, then 14, and finally in year 2000 Diablo II came out. The wait was painful to say the least, yet when the game came out it was AMAZING. My friends and I all simultaneously shit out pants profusely and cried tears of red wine as Jesus told us there is no God. So yea, the wait is worth it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2011, 11:39

No, i'm saying that for them to delay it for 3 months so close to release, and after other short term delays, is either a marketing thing (like Gears 3, unless Epic is lying about it) or some sort of technical problem with the game which can't be fixed easily.

Overall constant delays on their own don't really tell you much about the final products quality (the reasons for the delays sometimes do though - see DNF vs Blizzard games).

Return to “News”