Heroes VI Delayed

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby astral76minor » 21 Apr 2011, 21:27

@decebalas

Play ToE now? I only play that online using Hamachi tunnelling and custom maps. Anyone else wanna play ToE online?

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby DragonSire » 22 Apr 2011, 01:28

I think I was misunderstood. I am a fan of Heroes IV. I like it a lot. I was commenting on how some said it was the worst in the series, then those same others said that V was the worst. I find that worth a chuckle. Both were interesting, but showed a lack of final polish that the others had, especially on harder difficulty levels.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 22 Apr 2011, 03:56

Maybe delaying Heroes games will become some sort of tradition :rofl:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Apr 2011, 08:36

Delayed™

:D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby Shoaura » 22 Apr 2011, 09:22

@Kalah

Nice bud... maybe even add this too: Delayed ©

jeff

Re: Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby jeff » 22 Apr 2011, 14:07

DragonSire wrote: Both were interesting, but showed a lack of final polish that the others had, especially on harder difficulty levels.
On that we can agree, except for me polish would not have saved H-V. Bad decisions crippled H-V, as in the case of the editor where at least for the initial and HOF maps made in one were not completely compatible with the other. I am not an expert on the H-V wreck of an editor, but supposedly things like the code for town type changed. Consistency and polish was needed and more not all but more of the H-IV innovations needed to be included. Sadly while the editor may be better, the lack of a campaign function and the reluctance to move forward from many H-III limitations will not be fixed by a delay.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby decebalus » 22 Apr 2011, 16:20

to astral76minor: sure! Ill take it as a challenge :)

U may name your hammachi channel and map ;)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Apr 2011, 22:43

decebalus wrote:Lets play some toe now!
That... just sounds wrong. :|

Unless, of course, you meant tic-tac-toe... :devious:

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby decebalus » 23 Apr 2011, 09:36

Happy Easter everyone!
Edited on Sat, Apr 23 2011, 05:40 by decebalus

DragonSire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby DragonSire » 24 Apr 2011, 15:44

I was actually looking forward to a summer of heroes. Now it will be released when life is back in full swing. While I am glad if it means a better game, this will make the rest of my life harder. :(
Edited on Sun, Apr 24 2011, 14:14 by DragonSire

darmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Delayed

Unread postby darmo » 25 Apr 2011, 03:59

How can I got the MMH6 beta?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 19:01

Man, i hope they're just pulling a Gears 3 on us, because otherwise such a long delay would indicate something's very very wrong...

Hopefully it's just a marketing thing and they'll use the extra time to smooth over any remaining bugs (imo H5 didn't have any bugs that required over 3 months to fix at release, AI and some of their more questionable choices in gameplay notwithstanding)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 27 Apr 2011, 14:13

ThunderTitan wrote:Man, i hope they're just pulling a Gears 3 on us, because otherwise such a long delay would indicate something's very very wrong...

Hopefully it's just a marketing thing and they'll use the extra time to smooth over any remaining bugs (imo H5 didn't have any bugs that required over 3 months to fix at release, AI and some of their more questionable choices in gameplay notwithstanding)
Maybe they'll spend the time optimizing code to reduce system requirements/make AI turns faster. :beg:
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 14:45

Sys Reqs are doubtful, as any gain will not be very significant...

And if the AI isn't already better at taking turns then in H5 then that's an awful sign.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 27 Apr 2011, 16:13

ThunderTitan wrote:Man, i hope they're just pulling a Gears 3 on us, because otherwise such a long delay would indicate something's very very wrong...

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that a delay indicates something "very very wrong." Video game delays are extremely common across all platforms. Nival, Blackhole, Blizzard, Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, Sony, etc are all guilty of severe game delays for the same reason.

I don't think we will see the same problems in HoMM6 that we saw in HoMM5 (such as huge bugs and glitchy game that runs slow). At least I am hoping that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 18:01

It's already the 3rd delay, and i meant that if the delay was caused by technical issues then it must be a serious problem for it to be over 3 months from now in one delay sitting...

The Gears reference was about it being a marketing thing, like it was for Gears of War 3.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Apr 2011, 19:28

ThunderTitan wrote:It's already the 3rd delay
Nothing surprising really. The deadlines today are greatly over grossed. So with delays seems, that we are getting to normal developing cycle.

Fingers crossed for the game, BH is a good team. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Apr 2011, 19:31

darmo wrote:How can I got the MMH6 beta?
Oh, yes there's no way to get Beta 1 key now, it's too late. And it's too early to get Beta 2 key - official, for which you need to pay, as it's coming with Deluxe and Collector edition, and for God's sake perhaps with some others. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 21:09

Pol wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:It's already the 3rd delay
Nothing surprising really. The deadlines today are greatly over grossed. So with delays seems, that we are getting to normal developing cycle.
Yeah, but they usually delay a month and then another... and then release the game with bugs and just patch it later...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Apr 2011, 21:42

They usually delay from 4 to 12 months. I believe that's called fuzzy marketing.
That's when you're selling, what you don't have, but PR guys were already set out of doghouse.

There will be the patching phase, don't be afraid.
"We made it!"

Return to “News”