H6 Available for Pre-Order

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Re: H6 Available for Pre-Order

Unread postby klaymen » 12 Mar 2011, 13:31

Pol wrote:
klaymen wrote: I don't think that Stardock is having anything to do with that. The rights are sold by a regions and I very much doubt he had any chance to get them worldwide. And ever will.

This is orchestrated by Ubi. :D
So let me ask this: why is it worldwide on Steam and NA only on Impulse?
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 12 Mar 2011, 13:59

klaymen - Ubi most likely has a deal with Steam.
Infiltrator out.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 12 Mar 2011, 15:11

Exactly. Why would a distributor want to limit their sales? So they would get less money?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 15:12

klaymen wrote:
Pol wrote: I don't think that Stardock is having anything to do with that. The rights are sold by a regions and I very much doubt he had any chance to get them worldwide. And ever will.

This is orchestrated by Ubi. :D
So let me ask this: why is it worldwide on Steam and NA only on Impulse?
Steam is likely preferred partner, in the words of HP. Maybe they have also some other one? (From the holy Top6 http://www.impulsedriven.com http://www.gamersgate.com http://www.direct2drive.co.uk http://store.steampowered.com http://www.game.co.uk http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-CA/)

Not much likely though.

And yes, the release date is announced as:
June 2011
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Mar 2011, 16:10

Pol wrote: 164-PAGE HARDBACK BOOK FEATURING GAME CONCEPT ART (PDF)

A2 FORMAT DOUBLE SIDED POSTER (PDF)
This is a nit but how is a 164-page hardback a PDF file, I am guess you get the file not the book. Same about the poster you get a file not an actual poster. Collector's edition should at least get an actual map, you know printed. Yes I see it is the digital version, but they could mail you the copies once you register your game. The video does imply you get the actual hard copies, so I guess my question do you?

Also about the extra content, will these extras only be available in the collector's edition or will they be made available via patch later much like they did with Baulder's Gate 2. If not will these items/heroes be excluded from the map editor (since its seems they have given up on the campaign editor)?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 16:48

jeff wrote:
Pol wrote: 164-PAGE HARDBACK BOOK FEATURING GAME CONCEPT ART (PDF)

A2 FORMAT DOUBLE SIDED POSTER (PDF)
This is a nit but how is a 164-page hardback a PDF file, I am guess you get the file not the book. Same about the poster you get a file not an actual poster. Collector's edition should at least get an actual map, you know printed. Yes I see it is the digital version, but they could mail you the copies once you register your game. The video does imply you get the actual hard copies, so I guess my question do you?

Also about the extra content, will these extras only be available in the collector's edition or will they be made available via patch later much like they did with Baulder's Gate 2. If not will these items/heroes be excluded from the map editor (since its seems they have given up on the campaign editor)?
That of course right rebuke.

Video and the description is from Collector Edition, they only copied it and added a magical three letters, PDF. :D

The Might & Magic® Heroes® VI - Deluxe Digital Edition is going without any physical things.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 13 Mar 2011, 16:12

I plan on pre-ordering solely because of the added features. Yes, to me the 5 extra heroes, the 3 extra artifacts, and the 1 extra map is definitely worth another $5.

I'm just peeved that we here in NA are getting shafted on being denied the option to have a physical copy of the game and it really annoys me when they come out and say there is no demand for it here. That's bull! No demand in one of the biggest countries of the world? One where this series actually originated from? Give me a break!

I would love to hold off on pre-ordering just to see if they plan on coming out with a physical copy for us later on, but I'm worried about losing out on the extras that I mentioned.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 14 Mar 2011, 00:31

King Imp wrote:we here in NA are getting shafted on being denied the option to have a physical copy of the game and it really annoys me when they come out and say there is no demand for it
Are you sure no physical copy of the game will be sold in North America at all? Where did you hear that from? I certainly haven't, and I seriously doubt it's the case. That would be sort of unprecedented for Ubisoft. Maybe no Collector's Edition is what you mean.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 14 Mar 2011, 02:41

King Imp wrote:I'm just peeved that we here in NA are getting shafted on being denied the option to have a physical copy of the game and it really annoys me when they come out and say there is no demand for it here. That's bull! No demand in one of the biggest countries of the world? One where this series actually originated from? Give me a break!
No physical copy in North America? If that is true, then I definitely will NOT buy this game.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 14 Mar 2011, 04:26

As per ms-kleaneasy who is the forum manager on the official site when I asked her to look into why we couldn't order a physical copy of the game and then a post from Xhane on the same subject.
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
As I've said on the forums there is no collectors edition in the US, or any other disc version. The reason for this when I asked was that the decision was based on demand

Originally posted by Xhane:
The Collector edition is available only in Europe and not in all countries. If you don't see the offer when going online from your country, then, you're screwed for the Collector edition.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 14 Mar 2011, 06:14

What's the viability of importing? How much would it cost?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Mar 2011, 11:04

Well, if you have a friend in Europe who can re-send it to you, you could always use the US Postal Service Postage Calculator to find out about the shipping costs into the US.

Either that, or it has to be Ebay ... hmmm maybe I should order 10 copies ... :devious:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 14 Mar 2011, 15:13

Does anybody know what the minimum systems requirements will be?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Mar 2011, 15:14

"We made it!"

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Mar 2011, 22:00

Lord_Haart wrote:What's the viability of importing? How much would it cost?
Well if UBI does not care about NA getting the collector's (physical) edition, why should we care about buying it. The extra content will be available by patch or hack. I do not support pirating, but when a company makes a decision to exclude a portion of the world, (yeah I know there is a digiital version). Then they cause the desire/demand for the hack. I have not decided to buy as yet, but if I do it won't be the digital version and I would then be looking for the patch. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Mar 2011, 17:54

Preordered.

Although there were some obstacles in the shop. Could be Ubi that your shop is overloaded?

Edit:
Seems like the right fun is going on the Ubi forums, so..
  • If you can't order the game from your country (fe Serbia is blocked) order directly via Steam, Beta access is in, as pointed out by HenL+Infiltrator, and it's actually much more comfortable and easier process, might I add.
  • As for physical copies, awaited reply from ms-kleaneasy to KingImp, should shed some light at this demand. The previous one wasn't related to this game by an accident.
"We made it!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 19:56

klaymen wrote: So let me ask this: why is it worldwide on Steam and NA only on Impulse?
Because in Steam's world 1$=1€...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Apr 2011, 13:44

Just to clarify: Heroes VI works on Win7. We're actually running it on this OS here at the office :)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 19:06

So the entire dev team is not made up of time travellers from the past... good to know.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”