Reputation System Q&A

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Reputation System Q&A

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2011, 21:30

agni wrote:<<they're not codependant, so unless you try to get to an advanced class ASAP, I don't think you'd be pressed into certain selections (people probably will anyway, though).>>

No, i meant it shouldn't force you to use one or the other if you want to play as only good or only bad from a RP perspective...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Reputation System Q&A

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 04 Mar 2011, 14:29

Kosh wrote:I'm also pretty iffy about the feeling monsters affecting this; I don't want to be forced to kill (or not kill) fleeing monsters because it will affect my reputation. More importantly, my concerns are a) my time, and b) if my hero needs the experience. This mechanic seems like it may trump both and as it sounds like reputation will have a significant impact on gameplay, and removing choices from the player isn't usually a good thing (talking about the choice with feeling monsters, kill or let live).

Otherwise it sounds interesting. Still need more info though, of course:)
From what we've been told, you can't LOSE points in either path. For the fleeing enemies, obviously if you want tears points, it's easy- let them go (Question: do we still get a portion of the battle XP for letting them flee?). For blood, I guess you will have to hope that autocombat (I assume that is still an option) won't be too bad.
As for reducing choices, it isn't doing that at all. If you want a particular attribute, then you have to go a certain way, but you are still making a choice- just not on a battle-by-battle basis.
It's like in other games, where if you fight someone, then someone else won't help you in the future (if you want quest X, then you must do Y in situation Z)- just a little more abstracted.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Return to “News”