Another Marzhin Q&A Video

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2011, 09:44

Another developer video has just been released on the <a href="/http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... ">official site</a>. This time, Marzhin talks about creatures.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n01iggq97gI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="/http://www.youtube.com/v/n01iggq97gI?fs=1&hl=nb_NO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1298022253
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Feb 2011, 09:50

Great Q&A this time around, Marzhin!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 18 Feb 2011, 10:12

By the way, there are subtitles on the video, but I think you can only see them if your watch the video directly on Youtube (click the "cc" button)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 18 Feb 2011, 10:17

Nice tip, thanks Marzh. :D

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Feb 2011, 10:23

You know Marzhin, it would have been polite to let Noemie do the entire thing. ;)

..and, is that the upgrade tier on your t-shirt?? :D

Edit:
Which undead unit is this?
Last edited by Variol on 18 Feb 2011, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 18 Feb 2011, 10:27

@Variol: don't worry, this won't be the last time you'll hear Noemie... ;)

And this is actually a Clash of Heroes t-shirt :)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Re: Another Marzhin Q&A Video

Unread postby Variol » 18 Feb 2011, 10:35

Marzhin wrote:@Variol: don't worry, this won't be the last time you'll hear Noemie... ;)

And this is actually a Clash of Heroes t-shirt :)
Hmmm, 2 out of 3 answers; not too bad. The first was the most important. :D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 18 Feb 2011, 10:36

^^ It's obviously the Butterflych.

Edit: So, the Pit Lords are actually the new Inferno Champions and not the... Breeder, right?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Feb 2011, 10:54

8 neutrals and 8 bosses?
Hmm... not to many neutrals but I hope this time it will really be quality over quantity. ;P
IRC at Gamescom Erwan said about 10 bosses, 2 in each campaign (or maybe it was mentioned in some game site preview). Now it's 8.
Well, both answers can be true (no one said you won't fight same boss in different maps) but can you clarify this?

parcaleste wrote:So, the Pit Lords are actually the new Inferno Champions and not the... Breeder, right?
It was confirmed long ago. :P

EDIT:
When we get pdf with Stronghold Faction like was in case of Haven, Inferno and Necropolis?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Feb 2011, 11:03

I really hope the Dragons get about 10,000 hit points. This 300 points thing was just nonsense.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2011, 11:14

TRANSCRIPT:

"Hello adventurers! Are you ready to roll? I promise I'll talk slower this time. Let's get to it.

[NEUTRAL CREATURES AND BOSSES]

There will be 8 neutral creatures and 8 bosses in Heroes VI. Bosses can be considered as "über neutral creatures". You'll see them on the adventure map and fight them on combat map.

Each boss has its own gameplay. Some will summon creatures to assist them, others are more lone wolves. All Bosses are linked to factions such as Mother Namtaru. However there is no Boss associated to the Stronghold faction.

[CREATURE HIERARCHY]

As you know, in Heroes VI, the line-up of each faction is divided into three categories: Core, Elite, and Champion. All units of a same category are close in terms of stats, but have different roles during the battle. To use a simple example, let's see how it works for Haven. The three Core units of Haven are the Sentinel, Crossbowman and Sister. The Sentinel is the melee unit; crossbowman the shooter unit and the Sister is the support unit.Then you have three Elite units that are significantly stronger. Finally, you have the Champion unit who is even stronger. There is the same gap between Core and Elite units than between Elite and Champion units. The Champion is not here only to crush his enemies. He has also a tactical role, linked with the other creatures of his faction.

[UPGRADE]

Of course, it is possible to upgrade your creatures, and you will still have the possibility to recruit the unupgraded version if you wish, from your castle or your forts.

[NEW INFERNO CHAMPION]

A lot of players are wondering why the Pit Lord is the Inferno Champion unit and not the Devil as in previous games. The reason is that we tested several different line-ups for Inferno and finally decided to use the idea of creatures linked to the Six Demon Overlords, who are still ruling Sheogh at the time of Heroes VI. So as the servant of the Overlord of Hate, the Pit Lord becomes the Champion.

[VAMPIRE'S NEW DESIGN]

Some fans are wondering if the new look of the Vampire is inspired by the Lich King of another famous fantasy game... Other fans seem to believe we were inspired by Sauron from the Lord of the Rings. Honestly, the goal was to make them look closer to the Death Knights seen in Heroes V, but on foot. And also we wanted to integrate the spider motif of the Necromancers of Ashan in the design.

[RETURNING CREATURES]

One of you pointed out that the Rakshasa was voted the best Heroes creature of all time by one of the communities. So will they be back in Heroes VI? I cannot tell, but I can tell you we love the big cats too! A lot of players are also requesting classic creatures like the Behemoth or the Thunderbird. For now, these creatures are not in the game. But, it does not mean that they don't exist somewhere in Ashan.

[WHY STRONGHOLD?]

Some players asked why we chose to put Stronghold in the game instead of other factions. There are two reasons for this. First, we felt the gameplay of Stronghold was complementing the other factions in an interesting way. Secondly, we didn't want to have Stronghold in an add-on once again. Some of you have asked for a faction dedicated to Ylath, the Dragon of Air. Ylath is traditionally the patron of free-thinkers, nomads and free cities, so he is less involved on the political scene of Ashan and does not have a big empire with large armies serving him. On the other hand, as you know, the Orcs follow Father Sky, so in a way, they are the Ylath faction.

[WHERE ARE THE DRAGONS?]

We did not "avoid" to have Dragons as Champion units in Heroes VI, but it was a bit too systematic in Heroes V and a lot of people complained about that. It doesn't mean that in the future we won't have factions with Dragon as Champions. I think you'll agree that some factions just cannot exist without a Dragon in their line-up... Finally, one of you remarked that leaving the black dragons out was a bad idea. But who said anything about leaving them out?

It's all for now. Keep submitting your questions on forums and fansites. See you soon for another video Q&A at next turn."
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Feb 2011, 11:32

I want to mention that I really like the ability of "not" having to put every unit in the heroes army onto the battlefield. Is this feature staying from H5?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 11:33

Damn,i was sure that hot chick would totally overshadow painful french accent... was i wrong... oh well, at least my eyes had fun there at the start (my ears hate them right now). But this was a way better Q&A then the first... nothing new either, but way better clarifications about more pertinent stuff. I liked it. Oh, and more hot chick next time, no offence you soulless ginger map making person you.

Oh, and we need to get the torches and pitchforks and burn HC to the ground already... i mean really, the Rakshasa?! Jeez...

So, no Dungeon for now, but the Dragon is likely in if they ever release it in an expansion... now all i need is the Titans as champions and we're good Ubihole. Unless the last line means we get a neutral BD outside Dungeon in the vanilla game... that was not what the remark you're referring to was about Marzhin.

As for Ylath, if roving barbarians managed to take out Rome then we could get a faction of nomads just fine.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 12:15

Oh, and almost forgot: SHAME ON YOU MARZHIN FOR NOT FORCING THE ISSUE OF A BEHEMOTH AS A BOSS FOR STRONGHOLD... and shame on Ubihole for not doing it in the first place.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 18 Feb 2011, 12:22

Avonu wrote:
parcaleste wrote:So, the Pit Lords are actually the new Inferno Champions and not the... Breeder, right?
It was confirmed long ago. :P
Missed it! Sorry... I guess I can't make it up will all the info released by Ubihole...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Feb 2011, 12:23

That what for expansions are. Remember that AB has lots of neutrals and lots of creatures from previous game. So who knows, maybe we see other bosses in expansions... or maybe in DLC (download new 1 boss for only x.xx $ :P).

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Feb 2011, 12:24

ThunderTitan wrote:Damn,i was sure that hot chick would totally overshadow painful french accent... was i wrong... oh well, at least my eyes had fun there at the start (my ears hate them right now). But this was a way better Q&A then the first... nothing new either, but way better clarifications about more pertinent stuff. I liked it. Oh, and more hot chick next time, no offence you soulless ginger map making person you.
:D

Oh, and we need to get the torches and pitchforks and burn HC to the ground already... i mean really, the Rakshasa?! Jeez...
That HAD to be rigged.. Unless the serious people avoided answering such a noobish question :devious:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 18 Feb 2011, 13:26

Sounds like Dungeon is coming with the expansion.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 13:54

Elvin wrote:<<That HAD to be rigged.. Unless the serious people avoided answering such a noobish question.>>
Either way, this type of failure demands we kill them... and place their heads on spikes as a warning to others...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Feb 2011, 14:11

ThunderTitan wrote:...and place their heads on spikes as a warning to others...
:D

Be careful what you wish for...

Return to “News”