Frag Doll Video Interview

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Oct 2010, 00:41

Frag Doll Glitch spoke to producer Erwan Le Breton about Heroes VI. Erwan mentions the not-so-secret VIP forum and the work of Julien "Marzhin" Pirou as lead level designer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEpAn6QntYc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="/http://www.youtube.com/v/oEpAn6QntYc?fs ... 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

There's <a href="/http://twitter.com/might_and_magic">more Might and Magic news</a> on Twitter.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1286498466
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 08 Oct 2010, 02:18

Woohoo, first comment.

Some of what the trailer showed makes me happy (new Griffin looks straight from H3), and some of it makes me unhappy (combat interface and battlefield looks like it was taken direct from H5).

BUT I will go ahead and assume they are doing it for ease of use and they will make it their own before its released.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Shallow interview for newcomers.

You learn:

They got skilled people giving advice in their VIP forum

The campaigns can be played in any order

Story takes place 400 years before Heroes V.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Frag Doll Video Interview

Unread postby Kristo » 08 Oct 2010, 12:15

Campaigner wrote:They got skilled people giving advice in their VIP forum.
So does that imply that they're not reading our suggestions here?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Oct 2010, 13:03

I don't think Fabrice and Nival did either (maybe in the beginning, but project schedules quickly get in the way). That's why they had community leaders acting as spokespersons.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 08 Oct 2010, 13:48

Oh they are reading. They have paid a lot of attention to fan feedback including possible improvements and things to avoid.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Oct 2010, 14:22

That's why we are setting up easy-to read threads, so that the guys who have the ears of the guys who have the ears of the guys who make the game can find our feedback quickly and simply. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 08 Oct 2010, 16:32

CloudRiderX wrote:Some of what the trailer showed makes me happy (new Griffin looks straight from H3), and some of it makes me unhappy (combat interface and battlefield looks like it was taken direct from H5).
Interface is totally placeholder. And the developers are reading the forum; one of them has been registered here since '06, for crying out loud :devious:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Oct 2010, 15:06

Too early to thumbs up or down, as I am still worried about the editor that will come with it. The graphics in the clip appear to require a lot of system resources which was a downfall in HV. If you made a map with too much decoration the game crawled, so I hope they fix that.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 09 Oct 2010, 18:38

The Heroes 3 campaigns were separated by chronological order. Regardless, the Heroes 3 and 4 campaigns were good not because they could be played in any order, it was because they were well written. Characters had motivations and development. Different factions had goals and they developed plans to achieve them.

In Heroes 3, the Necromancers didn't just invade Erathia like idiots. They used trickery and subterfuge to weaken their enemies before launching their invasion. The Demons and Necromancers in Heroes 5 were incompetent idiots compared to the Necromancers in Heroes 3.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Oct 2010, 21:54

Kristo wrote:
Campaigner wrote:They got skilled people giving advice in their VIP forum.
So does that imply that they're not reading our suggestions here?
I think it implies that we should pester the known VIP forumites with our ideas... LET'S GET THEM!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 10 Oct 2010, 09:00

In Heroes 3, the Necromancers didn't just invade Erathia like idiots. They used trickery and subterfuge to weaken their enemies before launching their invasion. The Demons and Necromancers in Heroes 5 were incompetent idiots compared to the Necromancers in Heroes 3.

1. Whole plot was thought up only later, so initially they just poisoned king and attacked, also resurrected kings that backfired.
2. For homm5 necromancers plan wasn't any less sophisticated(though neither are pinnacle of strategic genius to say least), they just seized opportunity when it arouse, I would even say that he reached his goal with almost no resources, and with completely decimated necromancer infrastructure. Tricking mentally handicapped person may not be ethical, but at least he saw and used opportunity in right time.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Oct 2010, 14:20

And you don't think poisoning the king was subterfuge?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Oct 2010, 15:13

ThunderTitan wrote: I think it implies that we should pester the known VIP forumites with our ideas... LET'S GET THEM!
Well one advantage to the VIP forum for UBI is it gives them one more layer of denial. We listened to the forum, so blame them if you don’t like it. So I agree TT it is time to locate them.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Oct 2010, 17:49

Well here I am right here and Elvin's just up there, and there's at least five others registered at CH; absolutely nothing's stopping you from throwing your ideas at us :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Oct 2010, 20:00

@Corlagon

Well there's the wishlist thread, especially he old one... feel free to check it out.
jeff wrote: So I agree TT it is time to locate them.
I'll get the pitchforks... you get the torches.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Oct 2010, 22:31

Corlagon wrote:Well here I am right here and Elvin's just up there, and there's at least five others registered at CH; absolutely nothing's stopping you from throwing your ideas at us :)
Interesting choices, if the editor ends up being anything like the H-V editor you all will have some explaining to do.
ThunderTitan wrote: I'll get the pitchforks... you get the torches.
Done :devil:

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Oct 2010, 12:36

jeff wrote:Interesting choices, if the editor ends up being anything like the H-V editor you all will have some explaining to do.
Don't I know it. I'm aware of its flaws inside and out. Just last week I lost another non-backed-up map to that bloody thing.
ThunderTitan wrote:Well there's the wishlist thread, especially he old one... feel free to check it out.
Someone else already alerted the devs to that thread multiple times, same with the new one ;)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Oct 2010, 23:20

Corlagon wrote: Don't I know it. I'm aware of its flaws inside and out. Just last week I lost another non-backed-up map to that bloody thing.
I speak specifically to a user friendly editor along the line of H-IV, one without the absure restrictions of the H-V campaign editor. I realize to get some of the power of the H-V editor some ease of use may be lost, but if line by line programming is going to be necessary then many of us old (yes i said old) heads will be lost. This would be too bad as I am more into creation than playing now a days. Just don't come back after like Fabrice and say he never realized people were unhappy with it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Oct 2010, 10:03

Corlagon wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Well there's the wishlist thread, especially he old one... feel free to check it out.
Someone else already alerted the devs to that thread multiple times, same with the new one ;)
I was thinking more along the lines of someone browsing the thread for ideas, summarizing them and presenting them to the devs themselves in the more cosy vip forum...

Return to “News”