Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 18 Aug 2010, 10:51

I can't wait to see wich factions is in this game...and to see the new beastiary....and skills...

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Re: Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

Unread postby MistWeaver » 18 Aug 2010, 11:31

skortzy wrote:>>The official site is live
that's great, but you could just give a link to the actual site, instead of driving traffic to some blog no one cares about. fixed.

skortzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby skortzy » 18 Aug 2010, 12:11

Refixed... It did not look well at https://www.celestialheavens.com/1282071787.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 18 Aug 2010, 12:27

OO I'm looking forward to this! :)

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 18 Aug 2010, 12:45

Hmm secunde thought on the plot Summery.

An Archangel going for vengenc. Long lost Enemy.. This could realy by interesting after all.

Just Think. A twisted Archangel descides to use the demon forces unlieshed by the Eclipse to finish his Ancient Enemies the Faceless

If I read between the lines, and I am right, this can by good

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 18 Aug 2010, 13:07

This is just speculation, but doesn't it seem like they are cutting corners here? I mean it looks an awful lot like Kings bounty. I wouldn't blame them because the graphics in KB run so smoothly, but seriously, progress doesn't come from copying others. I would like to see something totally new.

The story in the HOMM series never interested me really. I always skipped through it. For me it's all about the game play: tactics strategy, detail, depth and diversity. 3 resources and 5 factions? I am happy with the resources we have and honestly and there should be 10 factions (they should be able to balance them by now).

In my opinion, to keep a franchise like this going there should be enough game content to last us to the next edition. I got bored of HOMMV after a year, thirsting for more. Luckilly I have HOMMIV to go back to, which is my favorite.
Edited on Wed, Aug 18 2010, 10:38 by ronus03
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby astral76minor » 18 Aug 2010, 18:21

But will it have a LAN mode or even hotseat? Please, no DRM or MMORPG nonsense. Ubisoft gave up on NWC anyhow. I just hope they keep the above game options. Yes, less factions could improve the AI, but multiplayer is for the true players. Let's hope they include a LAN mode!!!!!

Andrews
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrews » 18 Aug 2010, 18:47

Hot Seat will be one of the basic multiplayer options, teh develoeprs said at GAMESCOM. So dont worry.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Aug 2010, 20:22

ronus03 wrote:This is just speculation, but doesn't it seem like they are cutting corners here? I mean it looks an awful lot like Kings bounty. I wouldn't blame them because the graphics in KB run so smoothly, but seriously, progress doesn't come from copying others. I would like to see something totally new. …
… Luckily, I have HOMMIV to go back to, which is my favorite.
Personally, I'd like to see a fantastic game which is soooooo fun to play that I can't pull myself away from it … even if Ubi has to use other people's ideas. Just give us a game we LOVE!

I love HoMM IV too. I keep going back to it. In spite of its flaws, it has become a gem in 3DO's legacy … especially after the disappointment of HoMM V.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 18 Aug 2010, 22:00

New World Computing deserved all the credit for making the franchise great. 3DO was the reason why Heroes 4 was incomplete. 3DO wasted all their money on crap like Army Men and released Heroes 4 and Might and Magic IX as a quick cash ins. To make matters worse, 3DO laid off most of the NWC staff right after those games were released so they never got the support they needed.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 18 Aug 2010, 22:13

True. HP, you've been here since the 3DO boards. I thought if anyone would know the difference between NWC and them, you would.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 19 Aug 2010, 04:10

Yeah. It's a pity my computer can barely run Heroes V. It's going to be a while before I play this game. Then again, that's what friends (with better computers) are for, right? We'll see.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Andrews
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrews » 19 Aug 2010, 07:08

New Infos:

- You can customize castles after you've counquered them;

- Mines and dwellings are now a part of the castle(s). You cannot have them unless you get the castle which controls them (or something like that). I'm guessing you won't be able to steal another player's adjacent ore mine unless you conquer his nearby castle first;

each faction has a campaign with 4 missions, campaigns can be played in any order, after completing all of them you will get a bonus mission where you get to know the story's background

- total estimated playing time: ~100 hours

- online multi player as in H5, no other information revealed

- there will be add ons - obviously more than one

- there will be a demo which isn't finished yet

- all units have exactly one upgrade

- conquered towns can be converted, but for some days (how many isn's set in stone yet) you cannot use it

- on the battle screenshots you can see the creature's buttons on the left, on the right side shortcuts for spells (0-9) and the symbol in the middle is a special action depending on the faction and being very very powerful

- no initiative any longer, combat as in H3 with the exception of heroes being able to attack

- some shooters have a H5 like mage effect (hitting every target in line), crossbowmen for example, skeletons don't

- copy protection is not decide yet, but should not be like in Assassin's Creed II

- random skill system for heroes is gone. You can plan your heroe from the beginning

- level cap is 30, but levelling seems to be slower

- battle replays still in game

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Aug 2010, 08:25

vicheron wrote:New World Computing deserved all the credit for making the franchise great. 3DO was the reason why Heroes 4 was incomplete. 3DO wasted all their money on crap like Army Men and released Heroes 4 and Might and Magic IX as a quick cash ins. To make matters worse, 3DO laid off most of the NWC staff right after those games were released so they never got the support they needed.
Image *boo hoo hoo* Image *sob sob* Image*waaahhh* Image
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 19 Aug 2010, 12:51

Andrews wrote:New Infos:

I wonder what they mean by customizing. If it's changing the graphic aspect, we don't really need it
Andrews wrote: - Mines and dwellings are now a part of the castle(s). You cannot have them unless you get the castle which controls them (or something like that). I'm guessing you won't be able to steal another player's adjacent ore mine unless you conquer his nearby castle first;
This changes greatly modifies the nature of the game. Do we really need it? Will it be HOMM (sorry, I mean MM:H :-P) with such change?
Andrews wrote: each faction has a campaign with 4 missions, campaigns can be played in any order, after completing all of them you will get a bonus mission where you get to know the story's background

- total estimated playing time: ~100 hours
The campaign is ok but what I really care about is the game.
Andrews wrote: - all units have exactly one upgrade
Do they really listen to the community? It has been a consensus for long long time that what community would like is an H2 system of irregular upgrades (some creatures one upgrade, some no upgrade at all, some two upgrades, some alternativa upgrades...)

Andrews wrote: - conquered towns can be converted, but for some days (how many isn's set in stone yet) you cannot use it
This one looks positive. has been a long time request by part of the community.
Andrews wrote: - no initiative any longer, combat as in H3 with the exception of heroes being able to attack
For me that was one of the H5 advances (with the other being the hero skill system). I am sorry it is gone.
Andrews wrote: - random skill system for heroes is gone. You can plan your heroe from the beginning
Another change that goes against the very core of the game essence. Randomness has been there since H1 and gave a high degree of personality to the game. Sometimes you had to choose between two options you didn't like, but that was part of the system.
Andrews wrote: - level cap is 30, but levelling seems to be slower
H5 already did made a step backwards in this sense. Another one?

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 19 Aug 2010, 18:56

According to this, battlefields are now dynamic. For example, tides might rise in the middle of battle, dramatically changing the battlefield. Interesting.

http://kotaku.com/5616648/might-and-mag ... t-be-magic
Edited on Thu, Aug 19 2010, 14:57 by lotusreaver

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 19 Aug 2010, 19:17

This sounds more and more like a HUGE PILE OF CRAP with each and every new news. I don't want to play Diablo, I want to play f@ck1n' HEROES!!! :grumpy:

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 19 Aug 2010, 20:21

Really good if there are altering creature dwellings (similar to H4) or other buildings.Anyway, the more customization - the better.

- Mines and dwellings are now a part of the castle(s)...

Sounds good to me!

I like long campaigns, as those of AB.

- all units have exactly one upgrade

Would like to see something like classes of units.

Example:

a)intelligent - mostly humanoid creatures, plus some magical and astral beings.They gain experience points and with its ranks improve their primary stats and learn new strong abilities.Instead of upgrade, they can level up to higher tier (similarly to 'training' in H5 Haven).

b)semi-intelligent - mostly beasts and other monsters.They gain less exp., but still can get ranks, improve stats and get new abilities(similar to orcs rage levels in H5).Can not level up or be upgraded.

c)unintelligent - mechanical units,elementals, 'true' undead (skeletons,zombies).They do not gain exp., but can be upgraded traditional way (some of them multiple times).

- conquered towns can be converted...

Yeas!

- no initiative any longer, combat as in H3...

Oh no, no, no, noooo ... nonsense!

Forgive me, but i can't have a humble opinion here,- so horribly wrong decision!

- some shooters have a H5 like mage effect....

Its to strong for crossbowmen IMO.

- random skill system for heroes is gone. You can plan your heroe from the beginning

- level cap is 30, but levelling seems to be slower

I like H4 skill level up.If they could mix it with H5 racial skills and perks, it would be great.(But no +2 def or +100 mana crap.Even 1% bonus sometimes is better.1% per level bonus is even more good).I'd wont to see skills giving % bonus to hero or/and his army, and perks giving strong special abilities (some unique to one race).

As soon as i tried H5, i thought, that level up should be slower till lvl 10 and faster after lvl 20.Level cap below 50 doesn't sound good to me.If it must be, then around 75 or best 100.(Let there be 10 or more primary skill slots)

@parcaleste:i want to play Diablo with TBS elements...
Edited on Thu, Aug 19 2010, 16:25 by SplinterHoMM
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Aug 2010, 22:45

Andrews wrote: Mines and dwellings are now a part of the castle(s). You cannot have them unless you get the castle which controls them (or something like that). I'm guessing you won't be able to steal another player's adjacent ore mine unless you conquer his nearby castle first;
Not sure I understand this, does it mean you no longer have to defend resources as long as you hold the castle. I do not know if the AI ever cared (ie cheated) but several people have expressed the desire to conduct seige tactics by cutting off these resources. It really doesn't matter as long as UBI owns the franchise the game will get screwed up. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 20 Aug 2010, 01:00

What the hell? Mines in castles? Why not just flush it down the toilet?
Infiltrator out.

Return to “News”