Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 17 Aug 2010, 19:03

<span style="font-weight: bold;">From the press release: </span>San Francisco, CA – August 17, 2010 – Today Ubisoft announced the return of the fan beloved Might & Magic franchise with the development of <span style="font-weight: bold;">Might & Magic Heroes VI</span>, which will be available worldwide on <span style="font-weight: bold;">Windows PC in 2011</span>. Developed by <span style="font-weight: bold;">Black Hole Entertainment</span> (Armies of Exigo, Mark of Chaos Battle March), Might & Magic Heroes VI will include all the characters and features that have made this brand a worldwide success, in addition to a wealth of new innovations.

´Might & Magic is a powerful franchise with an amazing 20-year legacy,¡ said Adam Novickas, director of marketing at Ubisoft U.S. ´Players will be able to enjoy the Heroes experience like never before. The amazing creative teams at Black Hole Entertainment are keeping the original Heroes spirit, while enhancing the RPG elements.¡

The Might & Magic Heroes VI adventure starts 400 years before the events in Heroes of Might & Magic® V, showcasing a family of heroes in a thrilling, epic story where Angels plot to revive an unfinished war.

A legendary Archangel general killed during the war of the Elder races returns to life with a vengeance. Under the cover of preparations for an upcoming Demon invasion, he unites the peoples of Ashan to eradicate his ancient enemies. However, he underestimates the power of the all too human dynasty of the Griffin Dukes.

The Griffin heroesÿ destinies will be written by players. In the game, players will be able to:

<ul><li>Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay, remasterized with the well-known developer, Black Hole Entertainment, and in close partnership with the gameÿs numerous fans.</li><li>Experience the unique mix of Turn-Based Strategy & RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect tons of resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops & ready them for combat on exclusive battle maps</li><li>Shape your destiny: Lead the Heroes of the Griffin dynasty within an intriguing scenario. Choose your path, assume your choices and customize your gaming experience thanks to a brand new reputation system.</li><li>Rediscover the richness of the Might & Magic Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy revisited 3D designs and an exclusive new bestiary.</li><li>Share with the community: Post content & compete with your friends using a new and intelligent, online community interface.
</li></ul>Discuss!
<object height="385" width="640"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VyUUDhAvpRM?fs ... US"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="/http://www.youtube.com/v/VyUUDhAvpRM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1282071787

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 17 Aug 2010, 19:44

and again this persistent human illusion, that the Archangels could be fallen or evil... So much distortion in the mass consciousness that has the tendency of personalizing cosmic forces. And demilich is right, H3 and H4 were so diverse in the campaign stories and now we have a whole world Ashan depending only on demons (humans vs demons, wizards creating orcs to fight demons, dark elves are created after the fall of the forest elves from a demon invasion, necromancers restoring the balance after the demon invasion) and all are living for the next eclipse to fight them.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby decebalus » 17 Aug 2010, 19:57

i would say lets wait patiently, and see wat will be. I have great expectations!

Eon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Eon » 17 Aug 2010, 20:20

Hurray!! This looks great.

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aku » 17 Aug 2010, 20:23

Demons again? Blah.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Aug 2010, 20:46

Somehow, my excitement level has waned considerably since Heroes V was announced. But of course, I'll wait and see too. This time, I won't be in a big hurry to buy Heroes VI after the big disappointment of Heroes V.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 17 Aug 2010, 20:51

According to a German magazine, there will be 5 factions (haven, inferno, necropolis, wizards and elves?) and only three resources. So it's almost certain, we'll have only three resources. The explanation was that there weren't so many resources back then, or smth. Oh well.

Andrews
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrews » 17 Aug 2010, 20:55

I hope they will make the ADD-ons with 2 more faction at least if on the basic game there will be just 5 factions, the lowest faction number in Heroes history. Why they cant go with new ones? Like Conflux was in Heroes 3 add on? OR teh Swamp faction in H3?

grendel99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grendel99 » 17 Aug 2010, 21:14

All those races are either human or humanoid... I want to see swamp, barbaric, or warlock type races. Blah, if their doing a prequel they could have changed things up with the castle arrangements and had more less evolved civilizations..

Still looking forward to the art direction for the wizards and elves. Wish they would make the units look larger on the battlefield.

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 17 Aug 2010, 22:15

2011 is still far into the future. I won't bash the game without reason, but forgive me if I am not excited about those news. I am just here because I got attached to the franchise during the HOMM1-4 times. The last HOMM5 patch was ok. But it took a full game development cycle for the game to become more or less ok. By the last patch, it became a game that I enjoy to play, but not a masterpiece. So with HOMM6 I'll just wait and play other titles like "Elemental: War of Magic" or "Kings Bounty".

But In my humble opinion it's not so difficult. After all, "Kings Bounty" is good. Very good. They managed to catch the original game essence while still innovating. Why can't Ubi do the same with HOMM?

But maybe I am wrong and HOMM6 will be very good. I do hope that I am wrong and HOMM6 is a masterpiece. I suppose having low espectations will help.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 17 Aug 2010, 22:40

" the lowest faction number in Heroes history."

Ever played Heroes of Might and Magic I?

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 17 Aug 2010, 23:22

I've already joined Team King's Bounty.

I do feel bad about that, though.

!In fact if King's Bounty got Rob King to do the music for it, I'd never look back.)

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 18 Aug 2010, 02:27

Might and Magic Book One: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum came out in 1986 so the franchise has been around for 24 years, not 20 years.

As for the story, it sounds pretty generic. Hopefully the demons are at least smart and try to use sabotage and subversion before going into an all out war like the Necromancers in Heroes 3.

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 18 Aug 2010, 02:49

I think that 24 years rounds to 20.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 18 Aug 2010, 03:36

24 rounds better to 25. That way they could say that the series has been around for a quarter of a century.

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 18 Aug 2010, 04:18

Might and Magic Heroes VI just doesn't sound right... I will not judge the game beforehand either, but I won't get too hopeful about it. I will definately try it though.

Andrews
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrews » 18 Aug 2010, 06:08

Yeah sorry for the first there were onaly 4 races Elfs, Men, Barbarians Warlocks.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

Unread postby Pitsu » 18 Aug 2010, 06:41

quote=*Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay, remasterized with the well-known developer, Black Hole Entertainment, and in close partnership with the gameÿs numerous fans.*

Oh, close partnership with numerous fans? Any fan heard more of it?

quote=*Share with the community: Post content & compete with your friends using a new and intelligent, online community interface.*

And this is the description of their DRM?

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Aug 2010, 09:16

Says here that it's planned for a march 2011 release.

Oh and less factions = better IMHO - if they put as much effort in fewer factions that'll mean that the factions will be more balanced. (yeah I know, but dreaming is good thing) and human, wizard, undead, demon and elves could also mean that one of them will be getting a 'underground' theme...

Anyways, as said, the story telling will be pityfull... A massive demonattack, undeads who'll have to save the day but turn evil and at the end everyone has to unite against the uber demon fo...
Grah!

skortzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby skortzy » 18 Aug 2010, 09:29

Last edited by skortzy on 18 Aug 2010, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”