Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jun 2010, 17:47

<a href="/http://store.steampowered.com/">Steam</a> has an incredible sale going on through July 4th. The price of dozens of games has been reduced, and great deals are available for company-specific packages. The list of specials is too long to reprint here, but here is how much you will pay for the recent Might and Magic games:

<b>King's Bounty: The Legend</b> ($3.24): A steal at that price.

<b>King's Bounty: Gold Edition</b> ($9.99): That edition combines the basic game and the Armored Princess expansion.

<b>Heroes of Might and Magic V</b> ($6.69): I doubt the price will go below that point anytime soon.

<b>Heroes of Might And Magic V Pack</b> ($20.07): The basic game with the two expansions, but you save only $1 so if this is the first time you play Heroes V, try a standalone game first (either Heroes V or Tribes of the East).

<b>Dark Messiah Might and Magic</b> ($6.69): That's really how much that game is worth. Much cheaper than the Xbox 360 version.

<b>The Heroes Pack</b> ($26.77): That's Heroes V, its expansions and Dark Messiah. Again you're saving pennies compared to the indivial purchases. But there's a <i>lot</i> of gameplay in that package.

<b>Disciples II Gold</b> ($6.79): An oldie but a goodie, it will keep you busy until Disciples III comes out.

You really need to check out the other deals on the Steam site, I guarantee you'll find something to keep you busy this Summer.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1277488055
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2010, 18:24

You forgot Trine for 4$/€.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jun 2010, 18:38

Well, that game doesn't have much in common with Heroes, does it? And the price tag for that game is $19.99 for me. :(

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby ByteBandit » 25 Jun 2010, 18:57

I might look into Disciples Gold II.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2010, 19:11

Angelspit wrote:>>Well, that game doesn't have much in common with Heroes, does it? And the price tag for that game is $19.99 for me. :(<<
Well it does have a knight, a wizard and a Thief... but looks like the sale is over. Too bad, i was considering getting it.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jun 2010, 20:28

But I don't want to buy games at Steam - I want hard copies! :sad:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Jun 2010, 20:35

Yea, the Steam sale... I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but it was announced just a day after Stardock announced their birthday sale with 15% off everything. To me it sounds as if they are just trying to take all their credit so Impulse would get as less publicity as possible...

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 26 Jun 2010, 06:57

I got Trine for $4 too. Awesome game, been waiting it for it to go on sale since I tried the demo like a month or 2 ago. It was one of those one day only sales. Gamestop also has it for like $10 but of course that won't let you get the steam achievements for the game if you are into that sort of thing.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 27 Jun 2010, 02:08

Is Disciples 3 ever going to be released? lol

It's been in production for a really long time now. They've rehauled the official website twice and barely add any updates. What they have shown looks incredible, but I'm half expecting it to get canceled without a word like Diablo 3 originally was. I hope its good.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

m_s0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby m_s0 » 27 Jun 2010, 14:09

@CloudRiderX: Disciples 3 was released in December in Russia and just recently in Europe so it won't be cancelled. Theoretically it's not "in production" but the truth is the game is buggy as hell and unless .dat patched the game, don't expect too much. Plus, it resembles HoMM more than Disciples

edit: Also, digital distribution sucks when the games are assigned to your account permanently and require a program running in the background. I want a hard copy without DRM so I can be sure I'll be able to play the games in a few years and potentially after steam and its servers go to hell, which will happen sooner or, more likely, later. That's why, say, Impulse is superior and the little catch in the form of updates downloaded only with the client is definitely more managable than steam's requirements. So it really isn't as good as it looks. A waste of money, IMO
Edited on Sun, Jun 27 2010, 10:20 by m_s0

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2010, 19:35

Well the demo for Disciples 3 seemed less buggy then the original release (both in russian, with fan made translations).

So it's like the russian version was the beta...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Jun 2010, 02:31

Bought Left 4 Dead 2. Not sure that's really my kind of game, but the action is crazy and the price was good.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 28 Jun 2010, 03:02

You know I just never understand what goes on in game developer's minds when they decided to make sequels. Disciples 2 was incredible, but also different, and then for the 3rd one, .dat decides to add movement to combat and allow spells during combat also...it's like "Why are you making changes in mechanics that have been iconic to the series?"

At this point it just looks like a better version of H5....
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 28 Jun 2010, 04:10

I've played Left 4 Dead 2 extensively. Great game if you like first person shooters & are looking for something a bit different in that genre. It was a steal at like $10. So was Resident Evil 5 for $12.50.
Edited on Mon, Jun 28 2010, 00:11 by Shad0WeN

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2010, 18:29

Commandos 1-3 for 4 euros/$: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4156/

I bought them all...

And X-Com, but i have no experience with the series: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/964/

And Angelspit, add me to your Steam account if you have L4D2... i'll PM you.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2010, 22:47

ThunderTitan wrote:And X-Com, but i have no experience with the series: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/964/
They were great in their day, not sure the graphics, game controls or play will stand the test of time. Let me know how it runs on current day computers as I may buy it myself.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby Campaigner » 29 Jun 2010, 23:10

Don't forget to add that to Steam, 1$ = 1 euro since we up here in the Nordic (sounds way cooler then Scandinavia) pay in euros :(

Heroes V Gold costs 10 euros at Gamestop and is included in a "buy 3 games, pay for 2" (which all games under 10 euro are included) and that is A LOT cheaper than Steams offer.

Impulse shows me the price in SEK (Swedish money) and doesn't do that 1$ = 1 euro scam.
Edited on Wed, Jun 30 2010, 17:54 by Campaigner

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Crazy Crazy Steam $ale

Unread postby HenL » 30 Jun 2010, 00:59

It's not always 1$ = 1 euro. Publishers decide the price. Valve prices are usually more fair, though still higher. Sometimes games will be even more expensive, such as GTA 4 being 5$/7.5euros right now. Steam prices are exorbitantly high normally, so even 50% sales are often still more expensive than a boxed version in Europe.

Also, it's not possible to buy all games in every region. Even a major publisher like Konami doesn't offer games to Europe. I'm interested in Rocket Knight(I think I checked with a proxy, and it's 50% off right now), but I can't buy it. Brilliant.
Edited on Tue, Jun 29 2010, 21:02 by HenL

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 30 Jun 2010, 02:21

I'll be playing the teacher for AS in playing L4D2!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jun 2010, 06:05

jeff wrote:>>They were great in their day, not sure the graphics, game controls or play will stand the test of time. Let me know how it runs on current day computers as I may buy it myself.<<
Oh, i meant to say i didn't buy them because i have no idea how they are.

But the games seem to run perfectly on Win7 so far, and i'm pretty sure they're also on Good Old Games, meaning they're updated to run on WinXP/Vista/7.

Return to “News”