New Kings Bounty Expansion

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 May 2010, 10:07

The follow-up to Armored Princess has been revealed; currently in development is a new standalone expansion called King's Bounty: Crossworlds.

1C lists several new features, and in addition to new spells, abilities and creatures, a Game Editor is also said to be included. We can assume this means that Crossworlds will be the final expansion of King's Bounty.

In other news, there's also an interview with the fellas from Capybara Games out on Gamasutra.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1274868462
Last edited by Pol on 05 Aug 2021, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 May 2010, 14:52

Both KB and AP were good, I hope that there's more new things in Crossworlds, and less exploits (beating entire game with death knights / no loss).
Infiltrator out.

chioru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chioru » 26 May 2010, 17:39

Yes, they were surprisingly good.

Almost no bugs (except for some funny English translations), excelent graphics, fast save/load, lots of mods...

I played both game and expansion several times, but you won't get much replayability until there's a game/map editor.

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 28 May 2010, 22:05

wheee

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 31 May 2010, 09:24

Game's more stable than Heroes 5 and graphics are also better. Ironically, also a Russian studio.

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 03 Jun 2010, 08:44

It is all about devotion. . .

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 Jun 2010, 14:57

Sounds good! Count me in!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

OrionIII
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby OrionIII » 20 Jul 2010, 12:01

I will buy this blindly based on the quality of the last two. They are most impressive.

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 23 Jul 2010, 16:08

But it still isn'r multiplayer :(
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: New Kings Bounty Expansion

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 24 Jul 2010, 13:49

OrionIII wrote:I will buy this blindly based on the quality of the last two. They are most impressive.
I never got AP, as I never saw it available except as a download (and my connection is both slow and flaky, so that won't do). I'll probably get this one once a "Kings Bounty Gold" is released with both expansions together - if it is on CD / DVD.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Skraelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skraelos » 20 Aug 2010, 14:08

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
OrionIII wrote:I will buy this blindly based on the quality of the last two. They are most impressive.
I never got AP, as I never saw it available except as a download (and my connection is both slow and flaky, so that won't do). I'll probably get this one once a "Kings Bounty Gold" is released with both expansions together - if it is on CD / DVD.
I'm not sure about the international 1C branch and their plans, but I can say for sure that there won't be a Gold edition here in Russia.
Crossworlds contains Armored Princess campaign, because it's based on the same engine. You'll be able to choose any of the new additional Crossworlds campaignes, as well as the original AP story. But the 'Legend' is not included.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 21 Aug 2010, 12:33

Skraelos wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
I'm not sure about the international 1C branch and their plans, but I can say for sure that there won't be a Gold edition here in Russia.
Crossworlds contains Armored Princess campaign, because it's based on the same engine. You'll be able to choose any of the new additional Crossworlds campaignes, as well as the original AP story. But the 'Legend' is not included.
Well, I have hte original, so if all AP stuff is in crossworlds, then that would be good enough.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Return to “News”