Heroes VI Status?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Apr 2010, 12:44

I've been wondering: where are we re the announcement of Heroes VI? When the producers <a href="/http://www.planetds.de/artikel/mightand ... >leaked</a> the prospect of the new game back in August, I was half expecting the official announcement to follow within a matter of weeks. Still, however, <i>eight months</i> later, we still don't have this announcement. Ubi seem satisfied letting rumours and deduction do the talking for them, and focus on other games in the franchise.

I sort of get the idea that you don't want to announce a new game while you're still promoting an old one. As long as <i>Clash of Heroes</i> and <i>KB: Armored Princess</i> are making their victory laps (as it were), it would be foolish to start the next race. The games would steal each other's thunder.

<i>Now</i>, however, the other games have been on the market for quite some time. The news cycle has ended and the games are no longer in the limelight. Does that not mean it's time to announce a new game? We're approaching the <a href="/http://www.e3expo.com/">E3 expo</a> - to be held June 15-17 in Los Angeles. Would that not be the perfect opportunity to announce the release dates and include more concrete facts about the game we just <i>know</i> is coming?

We're holding our breaths. Just hope we can hold it all the way until June.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1270385043
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby Elvin » 04 Apr 2010, 14:34

The very fact that they implied H6 is in development is a clue that they are trying to buy time. Kicking out Nival who had been working on H6 probably brought them behind in schedule.

Then there's also the appearance of Xhane. If they just wanted to keep an eye on the forums they could do so without appearing in public and Xhane doesn't seem to share info either.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Apr 2010, 14:37

I have to admit, I am curious but not really excited about H6 as I was about the pending release of H5. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I am not expecting much of an improvement in the directions that I would wish to see. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 04 Apr 2010, 15:44

Honestly, if they plan to use their glorious DRM for Heroes VI, they don't need to bother themselves developing it. At least I won't buy it no matter how good the game will be.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

valtor2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby valtor2 » 04 Apr 2010, 15:54

If your assumption about other games not stealing its thunder, Clash of Heroes has just been announced for PSN and Xbox Live, so maybe that's part of it?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 04 Apr 2010, 17:20

Well.. Even if H6 was announced it would take a year or so to come out. Clash isn't something that you can play extensively, I finished it in like 3 days and there wasn't much else to do once the campaign was over.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby decebalus » 04 Apr 2010, 17:47

its been 4 years since homm5, and I would say plenty of it, not to mention homm6 its not even announce it . . hmmm, what r we talking about in here? Just got bored and start playing smth else, like civ IV beyond the sword, homm3, homm5 from time to time. I think ubi main idea is to boil us with some crap games before the big announcement; they r just forgetting we could be bored or in the happiest case very critical on whatever will be, if will be smth ;)

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 05 Apr 2010, 01:40

I wouldn't want to be up against Elemental: War of Magic if I were them. Unfortunately, Elemental has a "when it's done" release date, so that's hard for corporate types to plan against.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby michiganjf » 05 Apr 2010, 16:35

In the meantime, Elemental:War of Magic will be coming out soon.

Also, Disciples III should finally be available in the U.S. soon.

Both look very promising, and both should provide HOMM fans with adequate diversion until HOMM VI comes along.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby Roman » 05 Apr 2010, 20:45

I would be excited about this, as I liked HoMM 5 and TotE, but I cannot imagine buying a game with the current draconian DRM (even if it is made milder) that they plant o implement on all future games. Hence, the potential for HoMM 6 leaves me cold.

As an aside, I don't think King's Bounty: The Armored Princess is published by Ubisoft...

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby Ryder » 06 Apr 2010, 03:19

You dont need H6 when the by far superior KB is around.

corleone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby corleone » 08 Apr 2010, 01:00

Can anyone actually get excited about Heroes 6 as long as Ubisoft has the 'you must have the internet connected' BS in place? Come on, why should we get excited????

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 Apr 2010, 05:39

I'm not a next Gen player. I like holding the disc in my hand.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 08 Apr 2010, 15:02

I have to agree with Ryder and jeff, I have very little interest or incentive to play Heroes VI. I'll probably wait for someone I know who is also a Heroes veteran to play it and see what his opinion is.

I'm also thinking maybe it will be easier to appreciate the game if it is released. Thinking back, we all had so many hopes riding on Heroes V that is was so easy for many of us to be disappointed. Now that I've experienced Heroes V, I can step back and have a better idea of what to expect from Ubi for Heroes VI.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby Zamolxis » 09 Apr 2010, 08:15

I subscribe to jeff, Ryder & CloudRiderX. I'm not excited at all about a H6 developed by Ubi. I don't like what they did with the franchise so far, and I have strong doubts they learned from any of their mistakes, mainly because they don't seem to acknowledge them. They kicked out Nival because they were frustrated with the work relationship with them and perhaps they hoped we would channel our own frustrations on Nival and spare Ubi. But we know that many of the strategic choices, some of the atmospheric choices, the crappy storyline & acting were pretty much Ubi.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Apr 2010, 13:23

I join your group as well. Might and Magic + spinoffs pretty much ended when 3DO went bankrupt, and so far I don't see anything that could even remotely revive it.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby astral76minor » 09 Apr 2010, 20:38

Then... let us go back to the CH forums and use some magic on the games that we still own. Mapmaking, modcrafting, playtesting and scripting are all elements that will keep our cherished games alive within the forum.

skortzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby skortzy » 14 Apr 2010, 17:00

It looks like we will first have HoMM Online in English: http://www.coins.ro/mightandmagic/homm- ... osed-beta/
Edited on Wed, Apr 14 2010, 13:01 by skortzy

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 15 Apr 2010, 05:00

Ryder wrote:You dont need H6 when the by far superior KB is around.
They are very different games, Ryder.

I do like the Dungeon faction in Heroes 5. At least the concept of it minus the fact that it stole from Warhammer.

Da_Vane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Status?

Unread postby Da_Vane » 17 Apr 2010, 07:58

The only good thing Ubi ever did for the series, in my opinion, was release Heroes Complete in Europe when they first released Heroes V. At least this decision allowed those of us who never the release of Winds of War for Heroes IV before NWC/3DO's demise to catch up, and rejoin the HoMM Community. Since then, it has all been downhill... :(

Return to “News”